Rant about super annoying things in the game Dice has not fixed in over 14 months since release.

ClaytonDixie
66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
1. Joining a game and loading takes forever.
2. After a game ends it is easier to quit the entire game and restart it than back out to the main menu... (so freaking stupid).
3. Some players are able to start a round about 30 seconds before others, meanwhile others spawn in without weapons or into planes that instant crash into mountains/flags as they are ghost piloted while the player loads for 60 odd seconds.
4. Searching for a particular map (in order to do one of the medals that are time senstive) often will have you find the map only by the time it loads for the game to be over and an entirely different map wasting about 15 minutes of load time to just quit and try again - or rage quit the game.
5. Medals should be all unlocked. I've been playing for over a year now and some medals have yet to even fall in my 5 allotted weekly medal attempt bin. And one or two of the hardest came in when I had no time that week to even play.
6. An AT rocket should not be more powerful than a behemoth gun...
7. Behemoths still load in conquest when it is too late to make a difference and as stated above are too weak to make a difference.
8. You have been disconnected from EA servers (yet still in a party chat on xbox live and have not lost internet connection).
9. Rented servers still don't have ban hammer rights. Also customer service isn't too helpful when you have an issue. I had a friend on the phone for 2 hours over an issue only to be told by several different CS reps I'm sorry we don't know how to fix it. Another friend of ours fixed the issue.
10. OMG the missing battlepacks or them opening and nothing in them and DICE just not giving a flying F despite the reddit and forum posts here out the ying yang. LOLS to the Xmas gifts of nothingness to countless players. Congrats here is a big box of nothing. Oh and lets do it again - another box of nothing just for you!

Feel free to add your own criticisms and nerdgasms or hate on me for having a well informed opinion.

Comments

• ClaytonDixie
    I forgot to talk about the countless times friends cannot join your game (shows error) despite you giving a direct game invite. Or despite there being room in a game half your party is put on the other team.
  • ClaytonDixie
    Battlepack progression bar seems to slow way down after reaching top level (currently 130). I suspect no xp earned has something to do with it.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Numbers 1 through 8, 10, and your second post are things I don't have issue with. I load into games fast enough to be one of the people who readys up before the match starts and have no problem quitting games - and I'm playing on a first gen xbone bought the same month the console was first released. I achieve that by using an external hdd. I've never had an issue with joining friends or having friends join my squad or server, so it's not a universal issue.

Also, a behemoth isn't supposed to be a win or comeback condition. It's supposed to help out a losing team, not entirely turn around every game it spawns on for the losing team. It's a force multiplier, not a last second miracle that's supposed to outgun everything.

And I know many people didn't get their battle packs, but myself and literally everyone I played with got theirs. It's understandable to be upset about it, but resolving issues that happen to some and not others doesn't seem like something that can be resolved in a week or two, especially when it has to come in the form of a patch we only get once per month that has to spend nearly a week getting certified by Microsoft. DICE are not miracle workers that can fix their game as quickly as virtually possible for everyone playing it.

I understand the rented server issues, I know their customer service isn't the best - but most of what you're complaining about are not issues for a lot of us. Like slow loading times, which are likely due to the incredibly slow and cheap hard drive your console uses.

But on top of that, you don't counterbalance all these issues you've had with the fixes DICE have made to many aspects of the game and continue to make.

I understand frustrations about various personal issues and wanting them resolved, but people tend to focus on those issues and act like DICE has fixed literally nothing in this game since day 1. Hell, I guarantee there will be a response to this very comment consisting of someone telling me DICE fixes nothing and only makes the game worse.

I remember having to deal with the guys that said the game was broken, took too long to load, and was too laggy, who were all playing on a wireless connection with the game installed on the Xbones horrible default hard drive.
  • GyposEyelash
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I use an external harddrive, can load and quit games much quicker now.
  • ClaytonDixie
    Should buying an external harddrive be a condition of the game?
    Also I bought a Xbox one S with the upgraded harddrive.

I have a hardlined ethernet connection to 150 mbps download and 5 mpbs upload with 5 ms ping so the issue is not with me. Further I have every port open on my router as recommended by DICE. I never lose internet connect with anything other than EA servers.
  • V2Face
    2687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most of your first issues are the Xbox not handling the specs of BF1, an external hard drive (as mentioned) or Xbox 1 X will fix loading issues as the system can handle the processing quicker. Behemoths are awful but I don’t know what you are complaining about the drivers torpedo missiles or the gunner nest auto cannon? Both work when you learn how to lead your targets, nothing is a click auto death to ground troops.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Should buying an external harddrive be a condition of the game?
    Also I bought a Xbox one S with the upgraded harddrive.

I have a hardlined ethernet connection to 150 mbps download and 5 mpbs upload with 5 ms ping so the issue is not with me. Further I have every port open on my router as recommended by DICE. I never lose internet connect with anything other than EA servers.

Obviously if buying an external hard drive fixes the problem, it means that the internal hard drive was the reason your game was loading slow - it wasn't the fault of the game. Every game you play online will load faster on an external hard drive, even games that already load quickly.

The Xbox one s drive is still slower than using an external source. My roommate literally just got one for Christmas and his games still load faster on his xbone s from the ext drive than it's internal drive.

• ClaytonDixie
    edited January 2018
    Loading into empty games!
  • Loqtrall

I know it happens, but Server Browser!
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

It was a big mistake letting this troll comeback from the barn.
  • Loqtrall
    Ram1c wrote: »

It was a big mistake letting this troll comeback from the barn.

You know it.
  • DarkTWR99
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018

Lol, everyone's answer is to go spend a hundred bucks on a hard drive for a game you already spent money on. Must be a bunch of trust fund kids.
  • V2Face
    2687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DarkTWR99 wrote: »
    Lol, everyone's answer is to go spend a hundred bucks on a hard drive for a game you already spent money on. Must be a bunch of trust fund kids.

You can get a decent external hard drive for cheap. You do know you can shop around for bargain bin deals for less then 100 bucks online. If spending about 100 dollars on an external hard drive makes me a trust fund kid then call me Richie Rich, bruh.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Doesn’t understand the definition of trust fund kid.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »

You can get a decent external hard drive for cheap. You do know you can shop around for bargain bin deals for less then 100 bucks online. If spending about 100 dollars on an external hard drive makes me a trust fund kid then call me Richie Rich, bruh.

Lol I got a 2 tb external on Black Friday for $50, I guess I must be a trust fund baby waaaaaaaah. Also, it's not like it's only used for bf1, you have an overall bigger memory to keep more games on your console.
  • Loqtrall

I got mine for less than I spent on the game OP is complaining about. I've bought dinners that were more expensive than the external hard drive I have plugged into my xbone.

Again - if using an external hard drive makes the game load faster, the issue was obviously with the junk internal drive in the Xbox, not the game itself.
  • Ram1c

I got mine for less than I spent on the game OP is complaining about. I've bought dinners that were more expensive than the external hard drive I have plugged into my xbone.

Again - if using an external hard drive makes the game load faster, the issue was obviously with the junk internal drive in the Xbox, not the game itself.

You trust fund kid. ;)
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You trust fund kid. ;)

What am I if I support my mom? Does that make her a trust fund parent?

Find out, next week on Maury.
  • Ram1c
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

You trust fund kid. ;)

What am I if I support my mom? Does that make her a trust fund parent?

Find out, next week on Maury.

No, that just makes you an angel.
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What if I paid full price for mine? Does that mean I'm taking the G5 to Argentina this weekend to procure a new line of Polo ponies?