i want bf1 to flop

Comments

• sohiieee
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I am willing to give this game a chance but the changes they made to conquest ticket bleed along with gun spread mechanics does not give me great hope. Plus the novelty of ww1 would probably wear thin after a month or two. I can't imagine people playing this game for thousands of hours like they did in bf3/bf4. All I can hope is bf5 returns to form. Taking the best elements of newer games (better textures, no blue tint, 60hz tick rate) along with the best elements of older games (vehicle dynamics, gun handling and map design) to make a solid game. Probably hoping for too much from dice tho.
  • PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i want OP to take some business economic classes , cause he does not understand what impact BF1 flopping will have on the next BF.....

I
  • WriteToRopox
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    i want OP to take some business economic classes , cause he does not understand what impact BF1 flopping will have on the next BF.....

I

quite a lot actually. ea milks game studios (such as dice) for money, and when not enough money is generated, they just close them down
  • sohiieee
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

If bf1 is a smashing success this means future bf games will be even more casualized. I want a return to form of bf3 but with better graphics and no suppression.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RosscoSan wrote: »
    but atleast other games had weapons that mostly matched the setting, even if some were prototype. where as this game completely fails to capture ww1

Pick a gun in the game and post proof that it wasn't used in ww1, then we will listen to you. otherwise quit playing games because you have completely missed the point of them.

90% of weapons are prototype automatic weapons. not saying those shouldn't exist, but why is every soldier running around with an automatic. what about artillery or trech warfare? once again, they could play atleast some sort of a role in the game

Well - you can't judge in a way that says "where's trench warfare, or artillery?" because we haven't even seen all of the game yet. For all you know, there could be a map focused primarily on trench warfare and No Man's Land, and in almost every trailer there has been some form of artillery present, so we don't know if or how it will be implemented in multiplayer or not.

Judging the entire game solely off of a closed alpha doesn't get anyone anywhere. It'd be like judging the entirety of BF3 based solely off of the Metro open beta, when most of the maps in that game didn't pan out like Metro at all.

If I were you, I'd reserve my judgments about the full game, for when the full game actually comes out.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EinNiKo wrote: »
    I am willing to give this game a chance but the changes they made to conquest ticket bleed along with gun spread mechanics does not give me great hope. Plus the novelty of ww1 would probably wear thin after a month or two. I can't imagine people playing this game for thousands of hours like they did in bf3/bf4. All I can hope is bf5 returns to form. Taking the best elements of newer games (better textures, no blue tint, 60hz tick rate) along with the best elements of older games (vehicle dynamics, gun handling and map design) to make a solid game. Probably hoping for too much from dice tho.

Its not weather the novelty of WW1 wears of or not that will keep people playing, its weather the game is fun or not. I was lucky enough to participate in the Alpha test, and I can honestly say that the game is an absolute hoot! It looked, sounded, and felt like WW1, at least to me it did, but played like the Battlefield we all love. I had sooo much fun. I can hardly wait for the Beta, I actually miss playing the game.....lol I'm going through withdrawals and that's no lie.

• DeadlyIntention
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    RosscoSan wrote: »
    but atleast other games had weapons that mostly matched the setting, even if some were prototype. where as this game completely fails to capture ww1

Pick a gun in the game and post proof that it wasn't used in ww1, then we will listen to you. otherwise quit playing games because you have completely missed the point of them.

90% of weapons are prototype automatic weapons. not saying those shouldn't exist, but why is every soldier running around with an automatic. what about artillery or trech warfare? once again, they could play atleast some sort of a role in the game

Well - you can't judge in a way that says "where's trench warfare, or artillery?" because we haven't even seen all of the game yet. For all you know, there could be a map focused primarily on trench warfare and No Man's Land, and in almost every trailer there has been some form of artillery present, so we don't know if or how it will be implemented in multiplayer or not.

Judging the entire game solely off of a closed alpha doesn't get anyone anywhere. It'd be like judging the entirety of BF3 based solely off of the Metro open beta, when most of the maps in that game didn't pan out like Metro at all.

If I were you, I'd reserve my judgments about the full game, for when the full game actually comes out.

+1
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If bf1 is a smashing success this means future bf games will be even more casualized. I want a return to form of bf3 but with better graphics and no suppression.

Smfh...you need to do some more research on BF1 then mate. BF1 is FAR less casualized than BF3 was. The gunplay mechanics alone speak to that. AN-94 in BF3 was a God Tier weapon. I regularly out sniped snipers with that gun. And that's just one gun. There were MANY other guns in BF3 that were completely OP. Were you not around for the USAS-12 with Frags debacle in BF3??
  • WriteToRopox

Smfh...you need to do some more research on BF1 then mate. BF1 is FAR less casualized than BF3 was. The gunplay mechanics alone speak to that. AN-94 in BF3 was a God Tier weapon. I regularly out sniped snipers with that gun. And that's just one gun. There were MANY other guns in BF3 that were completely OP. Were you not around for the USAS-12 with Frags debacle in BF3??

you have absolutely no idea what is and isn't casual, just get lost already. rng weapon spread is casual, and it only exists in bf4/bf1
  • CrazyHorseHaka
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Reality of the game not lasting long video.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

you have absolutely no idea what is and isn't casual, just get lost already. rng weapon spread is casual, and it only exists in bf4/bf1
    ...RNG existed in all BF's...
    Reality of the game not lasting long video.
    You can be biased if you want. Doesn't matter to anybody else.
  • WriteToRopox
    edited August 2016
    bf3 didn't have this much random spread, nor weapons with tons of horizontal recoil. it wasn't as terrible as bf4/bf1 where it's absolutely abysmal
  • Campfy
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I get the message that people send and i share similar concerns but i have a gripe with people misusing words realism, authenticity and skill when what they mean is strategy, tactics, teamplay and sandbox.

@Red_Spider :
    Ah the propaganda, how authentic. (On the other hand did you even watch the videos you posted? Because the first one seems to point out that bf1 is bloody inauthentic if anything. Maybe you're sending a hidden message?).
  • RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "I want BF1 to flop"

Nice b8 m8.
  • WriteToRopox
    Campfy wrote: »
    I get the message that people send and i share similar concerns but i have a gripe with people misusing words realism, authenticity and skill when what they mean is strategy, tactics, teamplay and sandbox.

skill is not only tactics, but also the gunplay aspect, which in case of bf1 seems weak af, with dreadful rnb and overpowered melee.ticketbleed removal also heavily favors rushing objectives and constantly redeploying

i've also said that i want the game to be authentic (not realistic), as in atleast use the proper firearms for the time. before some fanboy jumps down my throat, that doesn't mean removing automatic weapons. just making them more situational and less abundant
  • DingoKillr
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I

Yes, all this think that EA/DICE would then do something new again 555 they will go back to their most successful game and do the mechanic of that again in some form which is BF4. So it would have more spotting not less.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that BF1 is yet another BF game where parachutes magically repack themselves after being deployed and there are gadgets that magically resurrect those shot dead.
    -
    And yet I'll still buy BF1 since it's going to be a fun game to play. Imagine that.
    If they made people to pack their own parachutes in the game they wouldn't be playing much due to spending at 10 to 15 minutes packing the chute.

You are correct.
    -
    And that's why accuracy trumps realism when it comes to gameplay considerations for video games.
  • Trokey66
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm confused......

Less random spread (easier to aim and hit target) is skillful yet more random spread (harder to aim and hit target) is less skillful?

If a player is bad, they are bad, if a player is truly good then increased random spread won't matter. If however, they just THINK they are 'good' then I can see why this would be of concern.

Whatever the mechanic, the 'cream will always rise to the top'.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    You're not confused. Different gamers have different definitions as to what constitutes "skillful".
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes let hope something fails while 100's peoples jobs are on the line.Seems some of you kids don't think of the consequences that can happen when stuff doesnt go right.

*Slaps OP.
This discussion has been closed.