Ribbon of Suppression does not work

dumbnut73
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I am working on the ribbon of suppression for BF1 on PS4. The ribbon says to get 7 suppression assists in a round. I have gotten over 7 many times but still do not have the ribbon. It is the only ribbon i do not have. Below are links to images of my getting 8 suppression assists in a round and another image of the ribbon I still do not have. I have tried doing it many times. I have even got 11 in a round and still nothing. I have tried multiple classes and multiple guns and still nothing. Please fix........

PSN - gocubbies

ARt0TZOT.jpg:large

uDtIDR69.jpg:large

Comments

• BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    suppression doesn't seem to work for tracking as I think i didn't get this ribbon and the suppresion medal also, because I didn't get credit for suppression.
  • dumbnut73
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    how did you get the ribbon?
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dumbnut73 wrote: »
    how did you get the ribbon?

I meant to say I didn't get them, edited my post
  • dumbnut73
    Oh, yeah, must be a bug. EA support told me to post about it in the forums. But others have posted in the bugs forums about the same thing and have gotten no reply's and they clearly haven't fixed it yet. I do know that squad assists do not count for the medal. I do have that one.
  • Krkan_xD
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i have that ribbon tho idk how and when did i got it lol
    playing as support or using aa truck is easiest way to get it i guess
  • Pabodie1931
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting a similar issue with the 'Hero Of Russia' medal. Killed a load of players with the 'In The Name Of The Tsar' assualt weapon but nothing tracks in game.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had no problem getting it,7assists is quite much though. Only got it 9 times so far.
    For the hero of russua medal you have to be in the white army,red army doesnt count.
  • Pabodie1931
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had no problem getting it,7assists is quite much though. Only got it 9 times so far.
    For the hero of russua medal you have to be in the white army,red army doesnt count.

Thank you, I hadn't thought of that.

DICE, it wouldn't have taken much effort to explain the above :(
  • dumbnut73

Yeah, but i have sent EA and DICE screenshots of me getting 8 suppression assists and 11 suppression assists at the end of a round. It even says you got 8 (best) out of everyone, yet no ribbon. Are you playing on ps4? I have got over 7 suppression assists at least 10 times now using different classes and still it hasn't shown up.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah, but i have sent EA and DICE screenshots of me getting 8 suppression assists and 11 suppression assists at the end of a round. It even says you got 8 (best) out of everyone, yet no ribbon. Are you playing on ps4? I have got over 7 suppression assists at least 10 times now using different classes and still it hasn't shown up.

I am on ps4 yes.
    I cant unlock a codex entry where you have to disable a behemoths engine. I destroyed more then 100 behemoths probably,pretty sure its a bug. Maybe its similar for you,i dont know.
  • skipperdog106
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on xbox I've never got the suppression ribbon I've tried lmg's and sniper riffles never got it I've given up trying to get it
  • boysweek
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have same problem. Many times I have got 7+ in a round but not awarded the ribbon.
  • dumbnut73
    boysweek wrote: »
    I have same problem. Many times I have got 7+ in a round but not awarded the ribbon.

I really hope they fix this. this is the last ribbon i need. If you think about it, it is really a pointless ribbon. You are purposely not trying to kill people. I get 8 kills and 25 deaths and 11 suppression assists. YAY!!!!!
  • 5CNW_Castiel
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I think the eor summed up Squad + Team and maybe the ribbon requires team ? Only an idea i have no actual idea how it works but i have quite a few suppression ribbons already (6).
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It seems to count only every second surpression. So just do twice as many. Play a long mode like frontlines or operations if needed
  • ElliotLH
    9172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've got it (XB1) so it's definitely possible if you keep at it. I have terrible aim so perhaps that helps?
  • NLBartmaN
    4464 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think the eor summed up Squad + Team and maybe the ribbon requires team ? Only an idea i have no actual idea how it works but i have quite a few suppression ribbons already (6).

Yeah I think that is what is wrong, probably the ribbon of suppression is team only, squad don't count.

Same with squad avenger kills ribbon: the end of round screen shows ALL avenger kills.
  • ElliotLH
    9172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In case anybody doesn't know: 'Ribbon of Suppression' requires suppression assists with team mates and the 'Ribbon of Sacred Unity' requires suppression assists with squad mates.
  • bleachee
    970 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've got the Ribbon of Suppression 4 times without thinking about it, but I'm a support main who loves the MG15. I shoot at everything after spotting first and I rack up suppression assists without trying. Just spot distant enemies and pepper them until some picks them off. Much easier than missing on purpose.
  • dumbnut73
    bleachee wrote: »
    I've got the Ribbon of Suppression 4 times without thinking about it, but I'm a support main who loves the MG15. I shoot at everything after spotting first and I rack up suppression assists without trying. Just spot distant enemies and pepper them until some picks them off. Much easier than missing on purpose.

If you look at my screen shot above, i clearly got 8 suppression assists with team mates and did not get the ribbon. I have tried this with multiple guns and multiple classes. It is not about it being hard. It is about it being impossible because i have got over 7 suppression assists multiple times with no ribbon.