Cape helles

Callahan44er
5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
This map has problems..
1. 300 tickets headstart is too much. You win easily by holding 3 flags as a britain. 150 should be enough
2. The out of bound area on sea needs to be waaay bigger. Atm you either die in boat or deserting,you cant swim 5m without being out of map.
3. I hate the indestructible,instant spawning boats. They are basically the ottomans base next to f flag. Thanks to the assignments theres britains waiting right next to the spawn with rocketguns most of the time. Lets give ottomans 3 boats,but tied to b/e/f flag. If they lose the flag the boat wont spawn again.
I also would allow to steal them. It just feels stupid atm.

I like the map but these things annoy me,i played it a lot and britains only lose if they all just attack a. Ifbritains use their boats and attack various flags from the beginning ottomans got nearly no chance to win.

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another thread. Great job!
  • l_water_l
    1536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen the attackers lose plenty of times, not even taking a point. It is a matter of team balance, not map design.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven’t played it much but if it’s anything like my operations experience then the 300 ticket head start for Britain is fair. Poor team Balance makes that a pain and can’t imagine conquest assault being much different.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haven’t played it much but if it’s anything like my operations experience then the 300 ticket head start for Britain is fair. Poor team Balance makes that a pain and can’t imagine conquest assault being much different.

Even if the Ottomans dominate them the British still win.
  • TheGM86
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think topics about Walkquest should be marked as such. Honestly it is a brand new current year and people still play that mode.
  • Shidokanartist
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    I think topics about Walkquest should be marked as such. Honestly it is a brand new current year and people still play that mode.
    Jogging Simulator 18

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    I've seen the attackers lose plenty of times, not even taking a point. It is a matter of team balance, not map design.

Are you talking about operations or cq?
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You mean the mode that over 80% of people play?
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »

Agreed.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Lol, it always kills me when people talk like Conquest is a stupid mode, and isn't what the massive majority of players play the game for

Its like playing COD and only playing CTF, saying TDM is a dumb mode
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally love the map and conquest assault. Id like to see that mode incorporated on other maps tbh. Ottomans can easily win and they have a huge advantage at the start due to them being on land, can spawn anywhere, and snipers makes it hard for anyone landing on the beach, which has 0 cover to it.

Its a balanced map and Ive had some close games on it. Ive also had blow outs, but thats poor team balance and not map design or map balance.
  • TheGM86
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Now try making that argument without appealing to popularity.
  • HuwJarz
    edited January 2018

There is your problem right there. I'm not 'appealing to popularity' The game mode is played by 80% of players, because most players find it the most rewarding over:

The ClusterF and imbalanced Operations where nearly every map is decided before it is started
    The fast paced CQC only of domination
    The lack of scale of Rush (Poor man's conquest without the scale)
    Frontlines I will stick up for, I like it
    War pigeons and supply drop - I don't need to comment, but I like WP but no-one plays it, and supply drop should be called, waiting to get mortared.

People vote with their feet and I am sure that most players have played new modes. But conquest is still the original AND best. Sure there are balance issues, but nowhere near as much as operations.
  • TheGM86

There is your problem right there. I'm not 'appealing to popularity'

It is literally what argumentum ad populum means. Anymore fallacies you would like to invoke?

• Callahan44er
    I personally love the map and conquest assault. Id like to see that mode incorporated on other maps tbh. Ottomans can easily win and they have a huge advantage at the start due to them being on land, can spawn anywhere, and snipers makes it hard for anyone landing on the beach, which has 0 cover to it.

Its a balanced map and Ive had some close games on it. Ive also had blow outs, but thats poor team balance and not map design or map balance.

British can get everywhere pretty fast,all they have to do is use their boats.
    Ottoman boats will focus the destroyer,so its not hard to get on land on e/f or flank around on g/d if ottomans already waiting there. Once british got 1 or 3 flags it plays like normal conquest but british got much more points already.

No one said anything about out of bound area and the instant spawning ottoman hoats,guess you all like it that way?!
  • HuwJarz

It is literally what argumentum ad populum means. Anymore fallacies you would like to invoke?

What fallacy? I provided the reasons why I prefer conquest over the other game modes. I suspect many share that view.

But cool bro, you are clearly better than the rest of us idiots that play conquest. You have seen the light.

Pray tell, what is that 80% missing out on? WhT is this fantastic game mode I must try (even though I have tried them all).
  • Shidokanartist
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

What fallacy? I provided the reasons why I prefer conquest over the other game modes. I suspect many share that view.

But cool bro, you are clearly better than the rest of us idiots that play conquest. You have seen the light.

Pray tell, what is that 80% missing out on? WhT is this fantastic game mode I must try (even though I have tried them all).
    Basically what GM is trying to say is that just because 80% of the player base plays CQL, doesn’t mean it’s not a garbage game mode. Fifty million Elvis fans can’t be wrong.

• HuwJarz

Basically what GM is trying to say is that just because 80% of the player base plays CQL, doesn’t mean it’s not a garbage game mode. Fifty million Elvis fans can’t be wrong.

Yes, I understand that. But of these other game modes were so good, then why is there little migration? What is it about these new game modes that 80% of players seems to be missing. Ive explained why I don't like the other game modes with the exception of Frontlines.

Its easy to criticise something for being rubbish. Let's hear why he thinks that the other game modes are better. All game modes have their weaknesses, e.g. Frontlines does not have the 'big war' experience due to lack of vehicles, in some maps Conquest can become a circle jerk, Operations sniper fest, but this is not the Elvis effect IMO, Conquest is still the strongest overall game mode and I know very few players that disagree.

BF was founded on conquest. It was one of the reasons the franchise became successful - It is a game mode that people really like playing.
  • aseveredfoot
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Lol, it always kills me when people talk like Conquest is a stupid mode, and isn't what the massive majority of players play the game for

Its like playing COD and only playing CTF, saying TDM is a dumb mode

I'll play conquest over ops any day of the week.
  • Narcizeus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Operations Mode is a good addition to the series.. But it really needs some modifications.. Defending side wins %90 of the time. Vehicle camping and sniperfest really takes its toll from this mode..

Back to basics is a great mode yet sadly none plays it.. :/