Are scouts that op?

Comments

• x_Undaunted_x
    2846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So you basicly complain about a player that trained hard for his speed and accuracy.

You are the last person who should criticize others Mr. "everything kills me so nerf them now!!!"

And, no... You're nowhere even close to a "skilled scout player."
  • HardAimedKid
    10367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Aggro scout is gonna be hard(ER)? I mean it's not hard, never was.
  • bran1986
    2944 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the HR and Automatico staying at 5BTK?

HR is going to a 4BTK, Automatico staying at 5BTK.
  • theONEFORCE
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am a pretty skilled scout player and i must say that its not the easiest job in the world. Especially when you face a parabellum in a radius of 50 to 100 meters for example.

A scout must hit with his first shot when he faces a enemy with automatic rifle otherwise he is done.

The question is how hard is it to aim and hit within a hundreth of a second. And dont forget 9 of 10 times you have to pull your pistol out after you hit with sniper. Agains beginners you do this easy but agains skilled players believe me its tough..

So you basicly complain about a player that trained hard for his speed and accuracy.

No one ever complains about a CQC scout that can get the job done effectively. They are great. People complain about the bush wookie scout with the M1903 Sniper not killing anyone or the scout that wanders on to the flag with his M1903 Sniper and sits in the corner while you fight off multiple enemies and end up dying when an enemy explodes his tripwire bombs that he placed right behind you.
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You are the last person who should criticize others Mr. "everything kills me so nerf them now!!!"

And, no... You're nowhere even close to a "skilled scout player."

Dude you are a console player. I dont even take you serious.
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am a pretty skilled scout player and i must say that its not the easiest job in the world. Especially when you face a parabellum in a radius of 50 to 100 meters for example.

A scout must hit with his first shot when he faces a enemy with automatic rifle otherwise he is done.

The question is how hard is it to aim and hit within a hundreth of a second. And dont forget 9 of 10 times you have to pull your pistol out after you hit with sniper. Agains beginners you do this easy but agains skilled players believe me its tough..

No one ever complains about a CQC scout that can get the job done effectively. They are great. People complain about the bush wookie scout with the M1903 Sniper not killing anyone or the scout that wanders on to the flag with his M1903 Sniper and sits in the corner while you fight off multiple enemies and end up dying when an enemy explodes his tripwire bombs that he placed right behind you.

So its basicly the player and not the class self? Why talking about a nerf then? Its already weak in proportion to other classes..
  • theONEFORCE
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

So its basicly the player and not the class self? Why talking about a nerf then? Its already weak in proportion to other classes..

I'm not looking to nerf them. In capable hands the scout class can be ridiculously good but its not the most used class by capable players.
  • von_Campenstein
    3529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    cvnoz wrote: »
    Iam ushally close to flags when playing scout.

Lovely weapon, the MH-sniper.
    I prefer to be a little bit closer to the flag tho ;)

Oh it's video-a-clock! Scopes are for pansies.

• kreepypriest
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    one classes with primary weapons that could ohk from 1 m out to 900 m..that’s if he/she pegs your head..i could count on my hand where i’ve been hit by the “sweet spot” while running or taking a flag...besides scouts are 99% of the time free kills.
  • MarxistDictator
    3893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Don't tell these guys that, person who mainly plays scout
  • Chubzdoomer
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still can't understand why DICE changed the sniping mechanics. Bullets should drop just like they did in previous Battlefield games so that snipers have to aim well above their targets at range.
  • HardAimedKid
    10367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Don't tell these guys that, person who mainly plays scout

Lol, I mean I had a blast playing scout when I played, but to say it's hard would just be a bold faced lie
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still can't understand why DICE changed the sniping mechanics. Bullets should drop just like they did in previous Battlefield games so that snipers have to aim well above their targets at range.

The bullet drop in BF4 was stupid. There is still bullet drop, but it's not as drastic.
  • TheGM86
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 12
    They tell tales of the men who roam the wastes betwixt Blücherst and the Keldoarian Mountains. These Scouts are forged of steel and patrol the lands seeking battle. No foe can best them for they are adorned with weaponry most powerful, handed down from Lord Smegmar himself to vanquish his enemies.
  • Chubzdoomer
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The bullet drop in BF4 was stupid. There is still bullet drop, but it's not as drastic.

It balanced the game perfectly though. Sniping actually required skill.
  • x_Undaunted_x

It balanced the game perfectly though. Sniping actually required skill.

Not really... Once you learned the bullet drop (or used the range finder) it became pretty easy.
  • Sixclicks
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 12
    Sniping was also a lot easier in BF4 at extremely long ranges. Hence why so many people had 500+ meter headshots. There was no bullet drag that slowed down your shot at a distance. My longest in that game was about 600 meters. I know there were plenty of players with shots even over 1k meters. You even had 20x and 40x scopes.

Playing with a bolt action rifle at extremely close ranges was also easier in BF4 than it is in BF1 since some all rifles would OHK out to 12.5 meters.

Sniping in BF1 is only easier between 12.5 meters and 300 meters. DICE pretty effectively brought scouts closer to the action.
  • Loqtrall
    8832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Sniping was also a lot easier in BF4 at extremely long ranges. Hence why so many people had 500+ meter headshots. There was no bullet drag that slowed down your shot at a distance. My longest in that game was about 600 meters. I know there were plenty of players with shots even over 1k meters. You even had 20x and 40x scopes.

Playing with a bolt action rifle at extremely close ranges was also easier in BF4 than it is in BF1 since some rifles would OHK out to 12 meters.

Sniping in BF1 is only easier between 12 meters and 300 meters. DICE pretty effectively brought scouts closer to the action.

I had a 1,300+m headshot in BF4 and it's just not happening in this game.

Also, every rifle in BF4 OHK from 0-12.5m, universally.

The only range at which sniping is easier in this game is an individual rifles sweet spot range, and I very highly doubt there's a single person who has touched this game that gets every or even most kills within said range.

Outside the sweetspot range, extreme long range is harder than bf4 and cqb sniping is harder than bf4.
  • Sixclicks
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Also, every rifle in BF4 OHK from 0-12.5m, universally.

Correct, for some reason I thought some didn't until I just checked.