Is it normal for PC gaming to be harder than console

Exospax
38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2016
On single player its much easier to play than console, but multiplayer it feels like I'm going against professionals.

Its not the case with me being more used to a controller, mouse and keyboard are much easier to use with greater accuracy and controls.

Example: on console I average 1.7kd, but pc I will go negative every round sometimes I get a solid 1kd if I'm lucky.

Comments

• Gattlin
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    Welcome to the PC. I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes it can be hard at times but stick with it. besides where else are you going to find 32 players on the other team to exterminate? Thats half the fun of it, you can always c4 their sry **** :)
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • xTek4x
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    On PC you don't have that auto aim assist crap that you have in console. So you have to be precise with your shots to kill. Miss you die. PC has a wide range of skill levels from bad to awesome. But I believe even an ok to average skilled player on PC will beat the snot out of a great player on console.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    KDR has nothing to do with accuracy.
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xTek4x wrote: »
    On PC you don't have that auto aim assist **** that you have in console. So you have to be precise with your shots to kill. Miss you die. PC has a wide range of skill levels from bad to awesome. But I believe even an ok to average skilled player on PC will beat the snot out of a great player on console.

This to an extent. It's less about the aim assist and more about the range of engagements. I used to play on consoles and when I moved to pc I was surprised at how far away I was being shot and killed from. It takes a little time getting used to the longer range of engagements but you'll get there. Just use cover more, assume you're always spotted and practice your aim in the test range. Since pc players are inherently more accurate, their practical time to kill is lower than console.
  • Exospax
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @BurtTheBlueberry

I have noticed that
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes I am also looking to move from console to pc.
  • WORKSOP
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Consoles are toys, kids play with toys. PC is a tool adults use tools :* I for one cannot use a controller for FPS and I don't want to learn its horrible you have come across why FPS games are made for mouse and keyboard, it always out performs controllers. We all have the mouse twitch us PC gamers, twitch and you miss so we don't >:)
  • 311redhtbassplyr
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Consoles everyone is the same. PC you got options and hardware restrictions and you can do some things to improve your performance. Someone playing against you with a gpu that can support 4k res will have an advantage over a 1080p player and nothing you can do about that except spend more money unfortunately. Also mouse takes getting used to and PC players have hours of experience playing with mice.

Things to try though: turn off Antialiasing Post(makes image blurry and harder to see at distance and has very little benefit and also will drop your fps)
    Turn off Motion Blur completely to 0%
    Increase FOV to 85ish to see your peripherals more(not too increased as people will be a smaller target)
    Turn off vsysc or turn on adaptive vsync(due to increased input lag)
    Turn off weapon DOF
    Choose your game via Server browser and look at ping to be low and in green and some servers are labeled "noob" servers even though experts join all the time to have an easy game
    Trial RAW mouse input on and off(mines on but some feel its better off, really up to preference)
    MOST important is target your settings to try and maintain 60fps or above. If you're at ultra and only running 30-40's or something turn some settings down. Not as much eye candy, but 60fps huge benefit over 30fps(which is what you're used to on consoles depending on the console)
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PC movement ability is also more precise and more dynamic than console. It has a more fluid feel and control to it.
  • Flapdr0l1337
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You're probably still getting used to the pc version.

That said you can make it easier to aim accurately by running with low mouse sensitivity, running at low enough settings to always have good framerates, lower "maxframesahead", etc.

On console the only real competitive advantage you can get is a tv with low input lag afaik.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Enjoy coming up against all the cheaters with aimbots and wallhacks while playing multiplayer on the PC platform, OP.
    -
    Some gamers would tell you that it's their "skillz".
  • popsicle622
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Enjoy coming up against all the cheaters with aimbots and wallhacks while playing multiplayer on the PC platform, OP.
    -
    Some gamers would tell you that it's their "skillz".

This is probably the main reason to not buy this game on PC. It will be riddled with hack.
  • xTek4x
    Amazing.. so are we to imply that you guys think that anyone with "skillz" is automatically hacking? Does this game have hackers? Yes. Is everyone with "skillz" hacking? No. There are a lot of great players in this game, and no where near the same number of hackers as there are great players.

People get shot by someone they don't see and want to whine hacks. It's amazing how stupid some players are.
  • popsicle622
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There are a lot of great players in this game, and no where near the same number of hackers as there are great players.

You are either a hacker yourself. Or you are smoke some substance cause there are 20x more hackers than great players.

• xTek4x
    There are a lot of great players in this game, and no where near the same number of hackers as there are great players.

You are either a hacker yourself. Or you are smoke some substance cause there are 20x more hackers than great players.

There is not 20x more hackers than great players. And no i'm not a hacker. FFS, you use some brain power.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven´t played for like half a year until this week, I haven´t found anyone that I found overly supicious after about ten rounds. Just the usuall vehicle massacres but no one that I found weird.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    Consoles everyone is the same. PC you got options and hardware restrictions and you can do some things to improve your performance. Someone playing against you with a gpu that can support 4k res will have an advantage over a 1080p player and nothing you can do about that except spend more money unfortunately. Also mouse takes getting used to and PC players have hours of experience playing with mice.

Things to try though: turn off Antialiasing Post(makes image blurry and harder to see at distance and has very little benefit and also will drop your fps)
    Turn off Motion Blur completely to 0%
    Increase FOV to 85ish to see your peripherals more(not too increased as people will be a smaller target)
    Turn off vsysc or turn on adaptive vsync(due to increased input lag)
    Turn off weapon DOF
    Choose your game via Server browser and look at ping to be low and in green and some servers are labeled "noob" servers even though experts join all the time to have an easy game
    Trial RAW mouse input on and off(mines on but some feel its better off, really up to preference)
    MOST important is target your settings to try and maintain 60fps or above. If you're at ultra and only running 30-40's or something turn some settings down. Not as much eye candy, but 60fps huge benefit over 30fps(which is what you're used to on consoles depending on the console)
    Why would someone playing on 4K have an advantage over someone that play on 1080p? Im pretty positive that its the other way around, 1080p gives an advantage over 4k.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    You get more detail in 4k easier to spot enemies, and just going to 27" 1440p really increased the image quality, way less aa jaggies. If you got **** fps in 4k, well, then you shouldn´t play in 4k....