Encourage behemoth to move

joppe38
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I often end up in a game where the driver of behemoth/dreadnought doesn't move at all from the spawn.
I think DICE should give score for moving closer to the objectives

Comments

• Aurkonungr
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think it would be a great idea or a mutiny / rebellion like in previous titles (bf2 and 2142) to kick them out of the seats.

Its really annoying that most dont even move or dont get closer to the enemy
  • FlashFlareFTW
    4024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Moving the behemoth makes it harder to hit, making it live longer and score more points so this is already in effect. I don't think behemoths should focus on capping but stay in the fight for as long as possible dishing out damage while moving around drawing focus away from the rest of the team who then has the chance to rally.
  • Imabaka70
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This remind me of a game of operations on ballroom blitz we held the attackers off on the first objectives Thru 2 battalions even downing their blimp the first time.

Then came the third wave...... Me and my platoon mates watched mesmerized as the blimp made a 90degree turn drove straight out of bounds and exploded. Wish one of us had thought to get video.
  • Callahan44er
    4787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The dreadnaught is effective if its miles away from the battle...but yeah,especially the train has to move. Its no problem in the airship because it has to move to get the driver kills.
  • Trokey66
    5304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A while back I suggested that if "Go, Go, Go!" was used on the com rose, if the driver didn't move say, 10 yards he is auto kicked.

If the driver moves all is good and prevents abuse.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

(Ship)They should at least get close enough for the other guns to be effective, not just the drivers. This one I see the most sitting in the spawn on fao.
  • joppe38
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

(Ship)They should at least get close enough for the other guns to be effective, not just the drivers. This one I see the most sitting in the spawn on fao.

Maybe DICE should nerf the driver's gun so that the driver must be close so he can shoot
  • Febelas
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    joppe38 wrote: »

Maybe DICE should nerf the driver's gun so that the driver must be close so he can shoot

Maybe they should just remove driver weapons and give the driver an increase in passenger kill points.

I bet drivers would start moving the behemoths if their points depended on it.
  • superteds
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    arguably part of the problem for the zeppelin is it has to move to drop bombs, and then it gets focused down.

if anything there needs to be tips explaining the ranges of your various guns (train), explaining limited arc of rear cannons (dreadnaught) and something to encourage zeppelin gunners to focus on AA cannons.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think whenever someone spawns in the drivers seat, they should get a big text pop up when you spawn in that says something like “YOU ARE THE DRIVER, KEEP IT MOVING” for the train/Airship and “YOU ARE THE DRIVER, DON’T FORGET YOUR REAR GUNNERS” . Also I think if the person driving doesn’t move in 45 seconds they should be kicked out as infantry unless it’s the Dreadnought.
  • FlashFlareFTW
    4024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    A while back I suggested that if "Go, Go, Go!" was used on the com rose, if the driver didn't move say, 10 yards he is auto kicked.

So some noob wannabe driver can kick me for parking at the far end hammering objectives still with the train in low health, no thanks! Once the train reaches 20 health withdraw and keep at it from the back, if you've been mobile while taking the 80 damage you've done that bit right, from there on it's just a question of keeping the big gun going for as long as possible, damaging and demoralizing the enemy.
  • Trokey66
    5304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

So some noob wannabe driver can kick me for parking at the far end hammering objectives still with the train in low health, no thanks! Once the train reaches 20 health withdraw and keep at it from the back, if you've been mobile while taking the 80 damage you've done that bit right, from there on it's just a question of keeping the big gun going for as long as possible, damaging and demoralizing the enemy.

Come on, think about it.......

A natural extension of my idea could be to disable it kick option below a given health.

Solutions not problems!
  • FlashFlareFTW

A natural extension of my idea could be to disable it kick option below a given health.

Solutions not problems!

I don't really trust them to judge when the train need to be pulled back, they'll probably think 10 is quite enough when oftentimes you lose that amount just falling back to the rear.

A combo of kills and flags taken to determine if the driver is a success would be one formula, if he cannot kill anything and the team isn't able to cap with his fire support then by all means dismiss him.
  • Trokey66

Solutions not problems!

I don't really trust them to judge when the train need to be pulled back, they'll probably think 10 is quite enough when oftentimes you lose that amount just falling back to the rear.

A combo of kills and flags taken to determine if the driver is a success would be one formula, if he cannot kill anything and the team isn't able to cap with his fire support then by all means dismiss him.

But the driver can be a 'success' to the detriment of his gunners if he just camps.

The issue here is selfish/useless drivers not moving.
  • PsychoRat66
    97 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Basic principle of the behemoth is an overpowering force that IS expendable. Players should not even be able to get the driver seat until they’ve logged a certain amount of time in specific behemoths. This way the driver understands the perspectives of the other gunner positions and understands everyone on that behemoth it is a single fighting force. Can’t even begin to remember how many times I have had to message the driver of the dreadnought to turn left or right so I could brings the guns to bear on target. Sometimes the adjustment was made and sometimes the clueless driver just kept hi sometimes the adjustment was made and sometimes the clueless driver just kept on doing what he/she was doing. That is super frustrating and you should definitely be able to kick drive under those circumstances.
  • robmcewen
    2232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've friendly messaged people asking them to move so we can get a full broadside going when I've been in the aft turret looking at my teams deployment zone with the captain blasting the ships horn not moving.

One thing BF1 needs that BF4 had is the fire range so players can workout how everything works with out people trying to kill them, but it's not going to happen.
  • FlashFlareFTW

Solutions not problems!

But the driver can be a 'success' to the detriment of his gunners if he just camps.

Isn't overall success the objective? Other than that it sounds like every tanker out there.
  • boutneus
    2076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If I ain’t driving it I’m outta there, not gonna rage over another idiot at the wheel
  • Trokey66

Solutions not problems!

Isn't overall success the objective? Other than that it sounds like every tanker out there.

Overall success of who? Just.the driver?

Gunners, especially on the Airship and train can be devastating and help.keep it alive allowing the driver to get good kills but ONLY If the driver puts them in a position to do so.

A camping driver getting lots of kills.from spawn is not 'overall success', it is selfish and does not help the team to the full capability of a Behemoth.