*Edited* Not digging the skip revive. Makes syringe feel invalid.

XSoldierSaintX
56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited January 19
The fact that people are allowed to skip revives makes it not worth taking. Atleast when I throw med bags and packs you are not allowed to deny them. Same goes for the support class. Im actually doing better at being support than medic even though medic is my favorite which is very sad. Being able to spit 250+ bullets at enemies practically without stopping and give unlimited ammo is far more useful than going to revive ten people behind good cover only for all ten people to say no thanks and skip reviving. Id rather get a ton of heals or resupplies than bother with reviving anyone in this game.
Post edited by XSoldierSaintX on

Comments

• dICEHOUSE
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, the syringe is great with the right players on your team. You might find yourself dead trying to revive them all. People skip most of the time because they just don't know better.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 13
    I only skip if I died in an area I know I won’t be revived in or will just die as soon as I am. Still don’t see why it was put in the game though.
  • XSoldierSaintX
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    No, the syringe is great with the right players on your team. You might find yourself dead trying to revive them all. People skip most of the time because they just don't know better.

This is my problem right here. Im at the mercy of my team. Bad team= no revives. That is not ok.
  • Callahan44er
    5054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its annoying if people skip and ruins some matches,but the syringe is still great. If too many skip it can be really frustrating,but dont give up...youll also meet people that wait for 20secs if you spotted them.
    I never skip...i leave it to the medics to decide if its worth risking it or not. Reviving is done fast and you can survive almost everything in my experience,the revived person just has to be ready and sprint to cover,but you can revive 1m next to tanks etc.
  • jasoncaric
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I only skip if I died in an area I know I won’t be revived in or will just die as soon as I am. Still don’t see why it was put in the game though.
    This kind of thinking is partly why ppl skip revive. Yes, I understand ur thinking behind it but you literally have nothing to lose. You don’t get 2 deaths if ur revived and get killed instantly, even if u do die right away you get to respawn instantly too if it happens, it’s a win/win. I revive even if I risk myself most of the time, unless I’m capturing a flag and don’t wanna leave the capture area because it’s just not worth the risk. I think waiting for a revive is worth it. I hate it when I see 5m 4m 3m...4 5 6 7 8m lol I’m like screw u lol.
  • von_Campenstein
    5614 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I rarely don't get revived, it's when I've put myself out on a flank but even then sometimes a Medic find me, never skipping has done wonders for my K/D.
  • TBagEveryone
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’ve noticed an increase in competent blueberry medics lately. It’s wonderful
  • XSoldierSaintX

I try my best to only revive people when they are in a safe area but they always die in an open area. Very stressful to deal with.
  • Prep768
    2720 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I try my best to only revive people when they are in a safe area but they always die in an open area. Very stressful to deal with.

Smoke?
  • Chillmatik_86
    2352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Vote down.

The Syringe is the best pointblankrange infantry weapon in the game and very effective on trenchraiders (as long as they don't use their gun from a distance) and any kind of camper.
    Combined with smoke, the Syringe is one of the best features in the game.
  • robmcewen
    2796 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 13
    You know BATTLEFIELD murphy's law, If a downed Blueberry is in safety they skip, If they have a squad of enemy tryhards watching their body they will what you to revive them.

I Don't think most play look at their killcam, had a guy yesterday who wanted to be revived who had a player using the Villar Perosa kit camping a corner over his/her dead body.

But I keep the syringe, you do get player who know when to wait or skip a revive usually another medic but also if you get the drop on some campers why go for the tags when you can give them a lethal dose of Get good scrub.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jasoncaric wrote: »
    This kind of thinking is partly why ppl skip revive. Yes, I understand ur thinking behind it but you literally have nothing to lose. You don’t get 2 deaths if ur revived and get killed instantly, even if u do die right away you get to respawn instantly too if it happens, it’s a win/win. I revive even if I risk myself most of the time, unless I’m capturing a flag and don’t wanna leave the capture area because it’s just not worth the risk. I think waiting for a revive is worth it. I hate it when I see 5m 4m 3m...4 5 6 7 8m lol I’m like screw u lol.

Running out like that risking yourself unnecessarily is called Rambo reviving. I jumped out of cover, I died, I don’t need to take a medic down with me too. If I die instantly the medic will just have wasted his time and put himself in more danger for a pointless revive. Don’t get me wrong 80% of peoples revive skips are pointless and I don’t think it should be in the game but in the cases I’ve mentioned it can be justifiable.
  • beetroot888
    748 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Remember the days after tt released? Medics were jumping over each other for the revives. Now. Not. That's the difference. When there's something to gain like new gun medics will revive.
  • Z3ROKD
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If I die to a tank while playing scout I'll skip so I can change to Assault class to kill the tank.

If I keep pushing a flag as assault but keep getting killed I'll switch to Support to mortar or suicide limpet.

If I am playing support and keep getting sniped by people in the distance I'll switch to scout to kill them.

Point is there are so many reasons why I switch. Multiply this by 30 or so team mates and thats why people skip alot.

I am glad I can do this in this game adds more variety. If I just die from normal gunfights and a medic is near or spots me I'll wait for the revive.
  • FightinFinn187
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People do skip for legit reasons, though some just do it automatically, but that is partly from never getting revives...

If someone is watching your corpse DO SKIP. Don't get a medic killed.

If someone is desperate for ammo or really needs to spawn on their squad, they skip - it can sometimes be worth a ticket.

The bug that causes you to not see medics in the death screen is still there as well. I have been revived while skipping it because I didn't see the icon, as well as, sometimes your body gets flung away from where you died and a medic will revive you where you landed.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most Medics are stupid, and so is Support players :(
  • Callahan44er
    5054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most Medics are stupid, and so is Support players :(

Its really no medic problem,on average server 80% dont use their gadgets like you should...i hate asking for ammo and heals,just spam your boxes,there is no downsight.
  • XSoldierSaintX
    Ok people are failing to realize that this mechanic may be nice to non medic players but its ruining everything for people who are true dedicated medics. I finally had an amazing match yesterday with exactly 50 revives but thats only because the team was good. I never got that again for the rest of the day. It went back to all 31 teammates skipping the revive. Im not making that up. All 31 skipping instantly and not giving the medics any chances to revive people. The next game needs to take this away. Healers should not suffer because other people make bad choices. I tried a med pack smoke launcher combo and that was more effective than being a full medic. Dissapointing.
  • XSoldierSaintX
    Prep768 wrote: »

Smoke?

This only works so well. Lets not forgot to mention the guy you threw smoke at to revive skipped it. Now you wasted a smoke grenade and your time. Oh but thats ok because the other guy gets what he wants. Screw the medic trying to help the team out right?