Latency issues and high ping

PohlRaider
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I have had bf1 for over a year already. Not one day have i been able to play smoothly.. i run tests and connections are sucessful and fine. I pay for internet and im hardwired to my router. This is insane that i and others have paid $100+ for this game and cant even play it.... what will fix this? What needs to happen? I feel like i got jipped... there is no fun in this game with rubberbanding, moving forward while aiming, having to lead shots 20 ft ahead and seing those guages on the side and latency errors. This has been addressed multiple times and nothing is being done to fix this mess. Its a big slap in the face to gamers and cutomers everywhere and no one is being heard.

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PohlRaider wrote: »
    I have had bf1 for over a year already. Not one day have i been able to play smoothly.. i run tests and connections are sucessful and fine. I pay for internet and im hardwired to my router. This is insane that i and others have paid $100+ for this game and cant even play it.... what will fix this? What needs to happen? I feel like i got jipped... there is no fun in this game with rubberbanding, moving forward while aiming, having to lead shots 20 ft ahead and seing those guages on the side and latency errors. This has been addressed multiple times and nothing is being done to fix this mess. Its a big slap in the face to gamers and cutomers everywhere and no one is being heard.

How did you test your connections to determine it was fine? What is your in game latency? What country do you live in and what server region to you play?
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    How long have these issues been occurring and do you usually quick match or use server browser? There is an issue with the server browser where it puts you in the wrong regions servers causing high ping. Anyone else using WiFi in your residence on Netflix or other such stuff? Do other Battlefield or EA games give you this issue?
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I find game modes like Domination reasonable but the bigger modes can be very hit or miss. I seem to have a very good latency all the time and I am hard wired,only my PS using bandwidth, and Conquest can be a nightmare to play. However I am not knowledgeable about how to improve my connection. If anyone have a list to tips or suggestions that would be useful for a dinosaur like me.
  • vasilisdim1
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You said you got ethernet? Whats ur connection speed? Other games running good? Have you ever rebooted your router? Have you ever cleaned up your ps4?
  • PohlRaider
    Im in usa sw . I didnt do much to test this just testing the connection in the settings menu. Everhthing is sucessful. I have century link and have had these issues for a year ive also got a new pro. Ive moved areas and its still doing the same thing. I enter matches either through the home screen or server browser and nothing changes. I restarted my router, connected it with an ethetnet cable no one uses wifi or any other apps on our tv. Still every game it says my latency server is high and the guage symbol is constantly blinking.
  • PohlRaider
    Please excuse my horrible typing as im multitasking at the moment.