So I learned something today...

«1
MayorMarionBarry
1487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Apparently the 10/10 Waiting for Players to Join 10/10...

Is not the amount of people in the room, but rather the amount of people who have hit "Deploy".

Which makes sense because I'm playing TDM and it would be 12/12 Vs 12/12.

I was always like "Man, when is Dice going to patch the incorrect player number count?"

Anyway I've been switching teams all this time to 'balance' out the game because I thought the amount of players ready was the count of people on each team.

It recently occurred to me that this also makes zero sense.

This is my apology for probably unbalancing a lot of matches.

Comments

  • MayorMarionBarry
    1487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Upon further inspection, it appears that I may have actually been correct, and that is the number of people in game and the necessary amount needed to start said game?

    Guys, this is a cry for help. I'm asking.
  • ElliotLH
    1779 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've always thought it was showing the people who have loaded in to the round. I'm normally one of the first in at the start of a round and often it'll show 1/10 for my side.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I've always thought it was showing the people who have loaded in to the round. I'm normally one of the first in at the start of a round and often it'll show 1/10 for my side.

    This is correct
  • crabman169
    10826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The numbers indicate how many have loaded in.

    As I'm on the X and run bf1 through my external hdd I load in first and I confirmed it when my brother was in the same server

    Check the scoreboard and make sure it's full; then just wait for everyone to load in

    Think my load time is 10ish seconds whilst my brother on the og Xbox is like 50 or something
  • GRIZZ11283
    3576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The numbers indicate how many have loaded in.

    As I'm on the X and run bf1 through my external hdd I load in first and I confirmed it when my brother was in the same server

    Check the scoreboard and make sure it's full; then just wait for everyone to load in

    Think my load time is 10ish seconds whilst my brother on the og Xbox is like 50 or something

    I use an external for my og PS4 and load in quicker than my friends on ps4 pro, external hdd make a big difference.
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When you see "waiting for X/10 players" it's time to tell people to get a SSD.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The mystery continues :(
  • magosnow
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The numbers indicate how many have loaded in.

    As I'm on the X and run bf1 through my external hdd I load in first and I confirmed it when my brother was in the same server

    Check the scoreboard and make sure it's full; then just wait for everyone to load in

    Think my load time is 10ish seconds whilst my brother on the og Xbox is like 50 or something

    I use an external for my og PS4 and load in quicker than my friends on ps4 pro, external hdd make a big difference.

    Can you articulate with more data? I'm interested.
    Type,time saved,price,capacity.....blabla.

    As for the topic, i also thought it was the people who hit deploy. But it's probably just the people who loaded in,as hitting cancel after deploy ,doesn't decrease the number of people ready.
  • BaronVonGoon
    3182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Its always a lonely wait for me since the xbone x loads first into the server and I have to wait the full minute often for the server to fill up
  • GRIZZ11283
    3576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The numbers indicate how many have loaded in.

    As I'm on the X and run bf1 through my external hdd I load in first and I confirmed it when my brother was in the same server

    Check the scoreboard and make sure it's full; then just wait for everyone to load in

    Think my load time is 10ish seconds whilst my brother on the og Xbox is like 50 or something

    I use an external for my og PS4 and load in quicker than my friends on ps4 pro, external hdd make a big difference.

    Can you articulate with more data? I'm interested.
    Type,time saved,price,capacity.....blabla.

    As for the topic, i also thought it was the people who hit deploy. But it's probably just the people who loaded in,as hitting cancel after deploy ,doesn't decrease the number of people ready.

    I've got a Sonnics, got it from eBay I think, not sure how good it is, but it does the job nicely.
    Not sure about time saved, I just know I'm one of the first in.
    Price was £45 for a 1tb hdd.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Couldn’t imagine playing without an SSD on my XBOX. The loading of the game is long enough with an SSD. Couldn’t imagine what it’s like without one?
  • disposalist
    5642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 15
    With an SSD on PC I am almost always one of the first to load. The figure I'm sure is loaded, not hit deploy. If used to be hit deploy in BF4, but not in BF1.

    Ironic that BF1 shows the "loaded" figure, ie. knows whos loaded and hasn't, but still chooses to balance teams with players that aren't yet loaded (and may never finish loading)...
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With an SSD on PC I am almost always one of the first to load. The figure I'm sure is loaded, not hit deploy. If used to be hit deploy in BF4, but not in BF1.

    Ironic that BF1 shows the "loaded" figure, ie. knows whos loaded and hasn't, but still chooses to balance teams with players that aren't yet loaded (and may never finish loading)...

    That is a curious metric for sure.

    One year in and I'm still learning stuff about this game.

    :( Such a noob
  • IllIllIII
    4054 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    With an SSD on PC I am almost always one of the first to load. The figure I'm sure is loaded, not hit deploy. If used to be hit deploy in BF4, but not in BF1.

    Ironic that BF1 shows the "loaded" figure, ie. knows whos loaded and hasn't, but still chooses to balance teams with players that aren't yet loaded (and may never finish loading)...

    That is a curious metric for sure.

    One year in and I'm still learning stuff about this game.

    :( Such a noob

    I am with you man, i also thought it was the number of people that pressed deploy.
    Although i always asked myself why the number never went up the moment i clicked “deploy”.
  • MegaloDorian
    690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People need to start investing in SSDs, or even high RPM HDDs, and not loading the game through a potato. Some people just take way too long to load in.
  • IllIllIII
    4054 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    People need to start investing in SSDs, or even high RPM HDDs, and not loading the game through a potato. Some people just take way too long to load in.

    People underestimate a SSD, your pc will get 10x faster with it.
    Replaced my 850 pro for a 960 pro couple of weeks ago.
  • trip1ex
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 15
    no need for ssd in bf1. doesn't get you into the next round quicker. i moved my install to my hard drive and start the next round just as quick as SSD. all because the game has at least 1 minute 5 seconds between the time a map is voted on and the time the new map starts. this for Conquest at least.

    only helps when starting up the game and loading in for the first time on a server.
  • ElliotLH
    1779 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    no need for ssd in bf1. doesn't get you into the next round quicker. i moved my install to my hard drive and start the next round just as quick as SSD. all because the game has at least 1 minute 5 seconds between the time a map is voted on and the time the new map starts. this for Conquest at least.

    only helps when starting up the game and loading in for the first time on a server.

    You do get in to the round quicker. Then you have to wait for everybody who doesn't have an SSD to catch up. If everybody had an SSD rounds would load much quicker as there'd be no waiting for slow-coaches.
  • disposalist
    5642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah you do get in quicker with SSD. You get to calmly pick your loadout and spawn and almost always get your vehicle of choice because half the team are still loading when the game starts.
  • magosnow
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well with my original ps4 it takes forever to load in. There are even rare times ,where i join with teams already at the gimme flag.
    As a solo player ,it also takes me quite a while to find a good server to play in. That translates to something like 15/20 minutes everytime i want to change server,between queues,loading,and games like 120-790.
    If a normal external Hdrive can reduce the time i load in a server....that's golden. I found a 1TB one for about 45 euros. Not bad for such a time investment.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!