Mosin Nagant Sniper ?

Lhitrian
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I think we should have given the chance to unlock the sniper variant for mosin nagant. I don't know if it's historically correct or not and I know it is really similar to Russian 1895 but It would be awesome to see it with a sniper scope. Please Dice give me some insight on this one. I would even pay for it.

Comments

• PopsicleStealer
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Marksman scope >>>> Sniper scope at any situation unless you like humping hills all day long.

Not really, I prefer using sniper scope instead of marksman because it gives better zoom, and other snipers don't have enough time to kill me because of the glint because I kill them much faster :P.

As for the scopes, I still don't understand why Dice remove option to put any scope on bolt action rifles and gave us this stupid variant system. It just limits players ability to pick any loadout to his desire. I missed it from BF4 so much :/
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    2616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Marksman scope >>>> Sniper scope at any situation unless you like humping hills all day long.

Not really, I prefer using sniper scope instead of marksman because it gives better zoom, and other snipers don't have enough time to kill me because of the glint because I kill them much faster :P.

As for the scopes, I still don't understand why Dice remove option to put any scope on bolt action rifles and gave us this stupid variant system. It just limits players ability to pick any loadout to his desire. I missed it from BF4 so much :/

There is no actual reason to use scope with higher zooming because 4X is more than enough to land shots on target unless as I said you want to camp far away from the action.
  • xxDicemanxx
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Unnecessary sniper variant hate I prefer using sniper varients. Blame the player not the gun.
  • MissCommissar
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Winchester 1895 Sniper = Mosin-Nagant Sniper. Almost all of their stats are 100% same, so, there is no need to add the gun, that we actually have already.
  • Lhitrian

There is no actual reason to use scope with higher zooming because 4X is more than enough to land shots on target unless as I said you want to camp far away from the action.

I highly disagree, just because the magnification is higher doesn't mean that people are gonna use it to camp all day in the base, I for myself use it just because I can place my aim on the target more sensitively, yeah maybe a bit of disadvantage to have tunnel vision in close quarter but still I find it useful. You are just stereotypically thinking scouts who are using it are campers. Totally wrong.
  • Lhitrian
    Winchester 1895 Sniper = Mosin-Nagant Sniper. Almost all of their stats are 100% same, so, there is no need to add the gun, that we actually have already.

No we don't have mosing nagant sniper just saying. Visually we don't
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers are dumb. I'd have preferred a Mosin carbine to another hill humper special. (Espc given that 1895 is identical and we already have sniper for that).
  • Lhitrian
    Snipers are dumb. I'd have preferred a Mosin carbine to another hill humper special. (Espc given that 1895 is identical and we already have sniper for that).

Yea you are right Snipers are the dumbest variation for the scout class 100% totally right. OMG I'M ENLIGHTENED. OH REALLY ! IS 1895 IDENTICAL WOW DIDN'T KNOW THAT. WOW SUCH A GOD YOU ARE.
  • MarxistDictator
    4215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scopes are useful even though I generally do not snipe I noticed the highest skilled snipers usually prefer high zoom. It literally boils down to making the target huge. Its harder to miss a giant beach ball sized head when you get good at lining it up center and quickly scoping in.

Its like the sniper from TF2 says, all ya heads look bloody 12 feet tall. They do not appear larger on regular zoom.

And the Mosin is literally an 1895 so having a sniper variant like it wouldn't make much sense to me. I prefer the Infantry one.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually find a 5x scope the sweet spot for when I’m playing scout much easier to land head shots and shots in general medium to long range anyway. In cqb it’s all about my side arm which is the obrez or Frommer stop.
  • Avalanche-swe
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually find a 5x scope the sweet spot for when I’m playing scout much easier to land head shots and shots in general medium to long range anyway. In cqb it’s all about my side arm which is the obrez or Frommer stop.

Same here. When i play as sniper i always play agressive. I find i do better with 5x even though it has a scope glint. More then 5x is too much and less then 5x is too little.
  • Shidokanartist
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lhitrian wrote: »

Yea you are right Snipers are the dumbest variation for the scout class 100% totally right. OMG I'M ENLIGHTENED. OH REALLY ! IS 1895 IDENTICAL WOW DIDN'T KNOW THAT. WOW SUCH A GOD YOU ARE.

He is right though so your CAPTIAL LETTERS are just kinda making you look dumb. But hey we should all tweet @DICE and demand that they include a gun that’s already in the game lol.
  • ChillKeanu
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And why not?

People just want to use their favorite rifle. The Mosin missing the sniper variant is sad.
    Just like the 1903 Infantry or the BAR Low weight. ( Can't have a bipoded BAR without a scope .)
  • Sixclicks
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 15
    In terms of historical correctness, as far as I know, WW1 Mosin's did not have scopes at all. It wasn't until WW2 with the Mosin Nagant 91/30 that they converted some into sniper rifles with 4x or 3.5x fixed scopes.

In terms of gameplay, Marksman scopes are superior to Sniper scopes anyways. It allows you to still function at closer ranges while also not giving away your position with glint at longer ranges. You really shouldn't be sitting at such long ranges that you would need more than 4x as you're being useless to the team and not even contributing much in terms of kills.
  • Lhitrian
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    In terms of historical correctness, as far as I know, WW1 Mosin's did not have scopes at all. It wasn't until WW2 with the Mosin Nagant 91/30 that they converted some into sniper rifles with 4x or 3.5x fixed scopes.

In terms of gameplay, Marksman scopes are superior to Sniper scopes anyways. It allows you to still function at closer ranges while also not giving away your position with glint at longer ranges. You really shouldn't be sitting at such long ranges that you would need more than 4x as you're being useless to the team and not even contributing much in terms of kills.

It's not superior by any means, I understand that people might prefer marksman over sniper but there are also players who prefer sniper over marksman. I say again I don't care If a have a glint or not if I'm not gonna be able to aim and shoot accurately. I may be a bad or a noob player just because I use 4x+ scopes but that's how I enjoy and play comfortably.
    Therefore I ask, if DICE would be able to add a sniper variant to mosin nagant cause I love the gun and it's look a lot. It wouldn't hurt anyone.
  • Gforce81
    2823 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Scopes are useful even though I generally do not snipe I noticed the highest skilled snipers usually prefer high zoom. It literally boils down to making the target huge. Its harder to miss a giant beach ball sized head when you get good at lining it up center and quickly scoping in.

Its like the sniper from TF2 says, all ya heads look bloody 12 feet tall. They do not appear larger on regular zoom.

And the Mosin is literally an 1895 so having a sniper variant like it wouldn't make much sense to me. I prefer the Infantry one.

"You've got a forehead on ya like a coffee table"

"The bullets come out of the slim end mate!"

"Where'd I getcha that time? The liver? Kidney? I'm losing track"

I could go on for days