my humblest appologies...

JBModz1
380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
i have been in the forums last couple weeks venting a lot of frustration with these 2 games about netcode and servers and hit detection. turns out it was all on my end all along. i got a new router from my isp last month so ive been in the settings figuring out mtu, dmz, port forwarding, qos, all the usual stuff. went and got a new cat5e wire for the ps4, setup a second router for wifi for the rest of the house, all for not. turns out all i had to do is go back to my old settings to run bf4 and bf1 properly. just basic connection wireless on ps4. no dns server crap, no mtu, no more dmz or ports. not sure why but fios routers dont work well for me wired. ill just go back to playing to get my kd up to 3 again. sorry for any unnecesary rants.

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So to make your game better, you had to play on a worse set up i.e. wireless, when before u had portforwarding and wired connection

Sums up how psn/ea/dice run online, play on worse set up like wireless to profit
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Np op everyone loves/needs a rage now and again.
  • pinkfloyd1173
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Reported jbmodz for apologizing and being on wifi.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JBModz1 wrote: »
    i have been in the forums last couple weeks venting a lot of frustration with these 2 games about netcode and servers and hit detection. turns out it was all on my end all along. i got a new router from my isp last month so ive been in the settings figuring out mtu, dmz, port forwarding, qos, all the usual stuff. went and got a new cat5e wire for the ps4, setup a second router for wifi for the rest of the house, all for not. turns out all i had to do is go back to my old settings to run bf4 and bf1 properly. just basic connection wireless on ps4. no dns server crap, no mtu, no more dmz or ports. not sure why but fios routers dont work well for me wired. ill just go back to playing to get my kd up to 3 again. sorry for any unnecesary rants.

This is still a cry thread...it made me sob...
    Jk, good to hear. It is funny though, inferior setup = problem solved. Sounds like you've been diced.