do not leave a certain crowd out.

snakeheadinvade
2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
do not leave the vehicle crowd with no big maps, do not leave the infantry crowd without any small maoos, and d not leave the combined arms guys with out any medium sized maps.
just thought i would say this is how the base game should be done. and is also how dlc's should be built.

Comments

• RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well the st. Quintan scar map looks like a good combined arms map. I hope there's at least one fluster cluck infantry map like op locker.
  • snakeheadinvade
    Well the st. Quintan scar map looks like a good combined arms map. I hope there's at least one fluster cluck infantry map like op locker.

i hope theres big maps like silk road and maybe even golmud rail way which does combined arms petty well.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016

Yeah !

Because cluster **** is synonymous with fun !
  • RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

i hope theres big maps like silk road and maybe even golmud rail way which does combined arms petty well.

Yeah i'd say that there would be a map like silk road, but it'd be cool if there was a desert town toward the middle instead of an army base.
  • snakeheadinvade

Yeah i'd say that there would be a map like silk road, but it'd be cool if there was a desert town toward the middle instead of an army base.

the only problem i really had with silk road was the terrible unbalance.
    the us team wins the map more often. at least thats how it worked when i played.
    and the spawns for cn team are bad.
    but for some reason i still found it to be a really cool map.
  • snakeheadinvade

Yeah !

you dont have to play on the maps of that nature. if people enjoy that play style let them.
    i dont like maps like locker or metro, but many other players do.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah !

you dont have to play on the maps of that nature. if people enjoy that play style let them.

Maps like that are forced on you if you want to play the vanilla rotation. There shouldn't be ANY maps in a Battlefield game without vehicles.

There shouldn't be any small maps period. Anything other than med-large is unnecessary if the big maps have good infantry focused flags that play out like smaller maps.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited August 2016
    I hope there are BF1 maps like Ops 925 in the BF3 Close Quarters DLC.
    -
    Perhaps the map could be set in a monastery or chateau in a French vineyard.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    -

I bet it would "sound good and look great".
  • snakeheadinvade
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    -

i personally wish siege of shanghais tower was like the close quarters stuff, but i personally do not like it when they get their own maps.
    and if the tower never fall it would have been a nice combo of close quarters and medium range combat.
  • snakeheadinvade

Yeah !

Maps like that are forced on you if you want to play the vanilla rotation. There shouldn't be ANY maps in a Battlefield game without vehicles.

There shouldn't be any small maps period. Anything other than med-large is unnecessary if the big maps have good infantry focused flags that play out like smaller maps.

luckily for you plenty of servers exist without said fuster cluck maps.
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forest of Argonne is short range (supposedly) and the desert map is long range. Don't forget we have only seen sneak peeks of the maps that are currently known.
  • snakeheadinvade
    Forest of Argonne is short range (supposedly) and the desert map is long range. Don't forget we have only seen sneak peeks of the maps that are currently known.

no one knows how any map plays besides scar.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has always catered to different crowds. I don't think this will be an issue for BF1.
  • DAMD_ONER
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The devs from Dice said that BF1 will feature the "Biggest and Smallest Maps from the series" Meaning some maps will be bigger than Bandar Desert and Some smaller than Metro or Sienna Crossing (I think that map was miniature, I never really played it)
  • snakeheadinvade
    edited August 2016
    DAMD_ONER wrote: »
    The devs from Dice said that BF1 will feature the "Biggest and Smallest Maps from the series" Meaning some maps will be bigger than Bandar Desert and Some smaller than Metro or Sienna Crossing (I think that map was miniature, I never really played it)

i liked seine crossing with 24 to 32 players anymore players then that the map would be a stale mate on both sides of the crossing even with tanks, you would have tanks lobbing shells across the crossing. but hopefully there is medium sized maps. because medium sized maps and fairly big maps (like golmud) are my jam.
    heres an image of the layout Seine.jpg
  • Turban_Legend80
    4459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Make kills mean something again. Do not leave stat bashers out.
  • defender465
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    do not leave the vehicle crowd with no big maps, do not leave the infantry crowd without any small maoos, and d not leave the combined arms guys with out any medium sized maps.
    just thought i would say this is how the base game should be done. and is also how dlc's should be built.

They did say that they were going to offer a mix of vehicle and infantry maps. About half vehicle and half infantry is good.
  • DisguisedMike
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    I wouldn't worry too much about that OP. I'm pretty sure that the maps DICE are creating will include all kinds of gameplay opportunities.
    -
    Since I started playing BF3, I always considered map variety to be one of the strength of Battlefield. I prefer medium and big maps with vehicles but I also enjoy playing on smaller infantry maps.
    -
    In BF there's usually something for everyone and in that regard, I think that DICE did a pretty good job with BF3 / BF4.
    -
    Variety is the spice of life.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    Why not just have maps like Zavod where both infantry and vehicles are as important? DICE seems to have issues with balancing, its either a shitload of vehicles or almost none considered its map size. Sieg of Shanghai is another map where its well balanced.