Things you never thought would happen to you....but did

Professor_Memes
1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2016
So today, while at the beach, I was standing there eating some crackers....and a freaking seagull flies right up to my face, and bites a cracker that I was in the process of putting in my mouth. Part of It's beak was literally in my mouth as it tried to take the whole cracker. It ended up missing the cracker and bit my upper lip, and I was spitting out blood for like 20 minutes because their beaks are rather sharp.

Your guys' turn

*edit*, why the F is the word "crakker" in normal spelling cencored. Are we really so PC on here that we have to censor the names of FOODS in the off chance someone uses it in it's slang "insulting" definition?

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Many years ago my house was raided by police looking for (not going to say it straight out on the forum) rather horrendously bad types of pictures of children that they claimed someone had downloaded off of a P2P file sharing software.

Well, right off the bat that seemed odd because none of the PCs in my house even had P2P file sharing software on them at all.

But, when over a dozen officers with what appeared to be assault weapons and body armor tell you to get out of the house and line up in the lawn, you do it. They lined me, both my sisters, my mom, my sister's boyfriend, and my grandfather out on the lawn (thank god my little brother was at school).

About 15 minutes in to an entire force of police officers and state government agents tearing apart my house looking for anything basically electronic, including forcibly busting open a safe in my grandfather's room full of important documents and photos dating back to 1951 - the lead investigator at the scene finally decided to give us the search and arrest warrant.

The arrest warrant was for an elderly (well, like almost 70 years old) man that lived like 5 houses down, who didn't have a family, and who was hispanic.

Our address was 109 **** Rd - and his address was 100 **** Rd - and they mistook our address (that we had written on a sign on a tree out front) for his, my grandfather answered the door - and they thought it was the guy they were looking for.

So, essentially - I got rifles pointed at my face, got all my stuff torn up and tampered with, and almost had my 3 small dogs shot because they were barking at cops, who had come and raided the wrong house - all in front of my neighbors who were standing outside looking at the spectacle.

What my family got for this happening to us - a visit from the local police sheriff and the GBI investigator who lead the raid so they could "apologize" - which was essentially them saying "sorry for the inconvenience".

The kicker: They had over a dozen body-armored officers and a huge, armored SUV with what was essentially a small arsenal in the back of it to raid and arrest a 70 year old man. When we explained to them what they had done wrong, our house and yard was cleared in less than two minutes - and they had moved down the road and arrested the guy without incident.
  • lCSGOIsBetterl
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    3 small dogs shot because they were barking at cops

(;_;)
    They...they are alright now? : (
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016

So, essentially - I got rifles pointed at my face, got all my stuff torn up and tampered with, and almost had my 3 small dogs shot because they were barking at cops, who had come and raided the wrong house - all in front of my neighbors who were standing outside looking at the spectacle.

What my family got for this happening to us - a visit from the local police sheriff and the GBI investigator who lead the raid so they could "apologize" - which was essentially them saying "sorry for the inconvenience".

Dude if they killed the dogs I would be furious beyond measure. That has happened to other people and they don't get in trouble at all a lot of times "because they felt justified shooting them". I respect cops but no matter who you are, if you make a mistake....own it. The lack of accountability just pisses me off in situations I hear of.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    You guys are rebels without a cause.
    -
    I may have to party with you guys one day.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    Never thought I could ever lose my eye sight in one eye and, when I did at age 18, certainly couldn't imagine I'd ever get it back too. :)

Was blind in one eye for 8 years. I'm no longer blind in that eye. In fact I can see and see very well.

• lCSGOIsBetterl
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Never thought I could ever lose my eye sight in one eye and, when I did at age 18, certainly couldn't imagine I'd ever get it back too. :)

Was blind in one eye for 8 years. I'm no longer blind in that eye. In fact I can see and see very well.

Great to hear!!! :3
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well mine's pretty tame compared to your guys lol. I never thought a game would make me want to cry, but one did a few weeks back.
  • Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Being able to get into a submarine (museum converted) and walking through the USS Yorktown CV-10.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NZepica wrote: »
    Well mine's pretty tame compared to your guys lol. I never thought a game would make me want to cry, but one did a few weeks back.

??
  • Exospax
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Me and a friend went fishing at a huge pond filled with bass at a near metro station. We were all the way across the pond when we saw some guy trying to break my car window with a football helmet (he must of saw my Samsung s6 edge+ which I will never ever leave on the car coffee holder again). We yelled as we ran over there and he got away from my car. We then saw him trying to open other peoples car doors so I called the police once I got my phone out of my car and the police made us file a witness report at the station which took hours....

At least I did the right thing, part of me was like let it go, but seeing him going over to other peoples car doors after we scared him off and him trying to open the doors was plain wrong.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited August 2016
    I was right out of college (MIT) and working as a derivatives trader at the World Trade Center 1 (North Tower - 96th Floor) when terrorists attempted to blow up a van in the basement in 1993.
    -
    Little did I think back then that it was a practice run for destroying the WTC less than a decade later.
    -
    Lost lots of good friends in the second attack.... It's still painful to think about it.
  • Sylosisxxx
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Going to jail a couple times, drug addiction, ending up where I am now...my life is so great right now
  • ITzRage999
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a guy in my city who only walks around backwards and record's the number plates of our local busses. Me and a friend were sitting in a coffee shop and he was jogging backwards down the city centre.
  • OrangeNinja24
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Professor_Memes You should make a meme out of that story

All y'alls stories are so intense.. Don't really have anything to share
  • Loqtrall
    12091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lazise789 wrote: »
    3 small dogs shot because they were barking at cops

(;_;)
    They...they are alright now? : (

Yep, they're all still alive and kicking, and are living with me now. Thankfully when the police started pointing guns at them my mother screamed and one of our neighbors came and asked an officer if she could take them inside her house.
  • twonkydo0
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was swimming in the sea last year, and often i look at the bottom, as i looked i saw a stone with writing on and it read "f*** off" . I have to say i laughed my **** off and put it back. This beach was also pure smooth pebbles about the size of your fist. It felt like id won the lottery.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2016
    The word cracker is seriously censored?

Well one lite rainy day going to collage as usual. I take a long U turn that goes around the end of an airport and out of nowhere (mind you this was at 30 mph) my car starts sliding from the back and i temporarily lost control. One driver was also taking that turn going in the opposite direction, but i managed to not hit him and get control of my car back. Honestly i actually enjoyed that adrenaline rush even if i did get scared lol. Gave my tires a walkaround and saw that they were worn out, and i changed them the next day.

I never thought i would have such a moment from a bit of rain, but this is a good lesson on how important is is to give your car a preventive maintenance check.

Edit: Oh wow that's actually surprising...
    Edit 2: Crackers and cheese :D
  • Lordmang4
    You almost killed an innocent driver, yet you admit that you enjoyed the "adrenaline rush".
    -
    This is why they should make driver license examinations much tougher to pass.
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @Professor_Memes You should make a meme out of that story

All y'alls stories are so intense.. Don't really have anything to share

Yeah, mine wouldn't measure up.

To tip this to the positive side, I got the girl of my dreams.

• AceFoSho
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Work for NASA.