kd who cares

soobs58
43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
just finished one of the most enjoyable ops game,ended with 20/20 but gee it was a great game,both sides had pretty even class deploy,any 1 else have a good sess but kd not that good

Comments

• Tullzter
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    K/D is useless, i just recently broke the 1:1 barrier even though i've been playing for a long time. i just like to enjoy the game, try out new stuff, new weapons, loadouts, classes tactics, even though these always get me killed (by enemies or by myself lol)
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To me the game wouldnt be fun if i would die all the time...i try to stay alive if possible. Im not trying too hard though,i ptfo and risk my life often enough,but rarely in dumb ways.
  • lapalfan
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To me the game wouldnt be fun if i would die all the time...i try to stay alive if possible. Im not trying too hard though,i ptfo and risk my life often enough,but rarely in dumb ways.

Sums it up for me. If I'm trying out a new weapon or kit, I'll at least try and attempt to use it correctly.

I saw a guy commit suicide with a mortar the other day and I just shook my head in absolute disbelief.

The amount of people on twitch or whatever (never watch much, but when I do) are using MP18s on huge maps and taking pot shots at snipers, then go off when they get countered from 80m - I don't understand how they DON'T understand why that happens :lol:
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am all for the fun of the game and after dying far to many times to something completely random ie getting stuck on a leaf and burning to death because of a ground fire or having a bit of the airship land on new I thought forget K/D now most of my game play consists of how can I troll that guy or how many kolibri kills can I get this round
  • Tullzter
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    K/d is the single most important statistic in the game. Its typical for sub 1.0 k/d players to not care for it.

Revives and Ressuplies are a lot more important in my opinion
  • Ronin9572
    714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some players have to have a high k/d.
    K/d is the single most important statistic in the game. Its typical for sub 1.0 k/d players to not care for it.

And it's typical of ppl like you to say this. It's a game ppl play it to have fun as well. If it wasn't for the sub 1.0 k/d players I guarantee yours would be lower. I see plenty of k/d w/l farmers quitting matches because the stats aren't as good as they like. Smh...
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yeah but its also not hard to get over 1.0 in my opinion. I agree with Tullzter that revives and resupplies mean more and are worth more to your team in the long run than a high KD ratio. I have had plenty of games where I only focused on revives/ healing or resupplying and got under ten kills but still made it in the top 3 and the guy that had 50 kills and 10 deaths was not even top 5 so I did more to help the team win than they did. KD ratio only matters in TDM and call of duty, battlefield doesn't focus on it for a reason.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tullzter wrote: »

Seriously? You get most of these by just camping at chokepoints. People that uses pouches will have less but its much more effective.
  • Ronin9572
    714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll admit my k/d isn't good, not even average, 1.16 on my main and 1.55 on my secondary. But I have no problem supporting the killers in my squad/platoon and helping them out any way I can. I get great satisfaction when these ppl thank me for ammo/med packs/revives/spotting all the while keeping my "low" k/d. But to each their own!
  • Tullzter
    edited January 2018

Seriously? You get most of these by just camping at chokepoints. People that uses pouches will have less but its much more effective.

Yes but when you're playing in a squad, you don't want to camp at chokepoints, so it's always good to have a solid Medic / Support in the team
  • Callahan44er

Yes but when you're playing in a squad, you don't want to camp at chokepoints, so it's always good to have a solid Medic / Support in the team

Exactly,but he wont get THAT many resupplies. Just camping at a chokepoint gets you way more. Quality > quantity. Many resupplies dont mean youre a great player.
  • RampageHunt
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ahxe45 wrote: »

Yeah but its also not hard to get over 1.0 in my opinion. I agree with Tullzter that revives and resupplies mean more and are worth more to your team in the long run than a high KD ratio. I have had plenty of games where I only focused on revives/ healing or resupplying and got under ten kills but still made it in the top 3 and the guy that had 50 kills and 10 deaths was not even top 5 so I did more to help the team win than they did. KD ratio only matters in TDM and call of duty, battlefield doesn't focus on it for a reason.

Hahahha yea that was me yesterday in my last round. I finished with 58 kills and 11 deaths and you know where it put me on the scoreboard? 19th place!! Everybody on the server knew who the #1 was on the round.

19th place with 58 kills...take a flag you bum. lol
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Kind of hard to revive and resupply if you're always at the respawn screen
  • BEFLAR
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have only met one person who had a bad KD ratio and was good at conquest... ONE.

All he would do is cap flags. He was a unrelenting monster at it. He was a cancer for the other team. I have never seen anyone else that plays like that.
  • XSoldierSaintX
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont care for kd but I HATE waiting to spawn back in. I want to play the game not stare at the guy who killed me for ten seconds.
  • Rasgyn_PS
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BEFLAR wrote: »
    I have only met one person who had a bad KD ratio and was good at conquest... ONE.

All he would do is cap flags. He was a unrelenting monster at it. He was a cancer for the other team. I have never seen anyone else that plays like that.

Despite k/d being a valid stat. i like the game because for me its more about making the right kills. The person mr beflar is describing are plenty around when i actually play conquest instead of grinding it for achievements. Its fun to have the race for the points, and equally fun to have a 1v1 or 1v2 to snatch that cap from someone else. But as i understand it, people play this game because it has flags to cap or mcoms to destroy. Im a suicide player aswell simply going for it and not caring. I can have a good game with 50 deaths, but a horrible one if i cant get a single shot the way i want without losing a single life.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ITT: bad players trying to justify low k/d.