Cannot Start the game, no solutions to be found. Please help.

SargeKutje
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Allrighty then..

Battlefield Hardline is a game I used to play about a year ago. Decided to reinstall and do some shooting. always getting the same error when I'm trying to start the game.

" BFH stopped working - Problem ended program normal working - Windows will shut down it and reports if there is solution for it"

Man I've tried a million things.

1. Uninstall BFH
2. Uninstall Origin
3. Shift+Delete (Every Folder Named Origin in "ProgramFiles, ProgramData, AppData, My Documents" ect)
4. Use CCleaner to Clean Apps and Registry by using this settings: http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues
5. Restart my PC
6. Reinstall the whole chabang
7. then Run the game and origin as Admin...

I reinstalled every possible application that works with my games, reinstalled windows and all hardware drivers.
Ran Windows in safe mode and installed it all. Ran it in all browsers available, firefox, chrome, Iexplorer... you name it. Nothing works.

I have no AVG's, I only have Windows firewalls running, I have every port capable of blocking any battlefield transmission turned off, switched off, deleted, AND opened up exceptions in windows firewall especially for BFH.

I'm out of answers. so is the interwebs. Need help, want to play the game I paid money for. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AnkelRajs
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline Member
    Exact same problem.
  • SargeKutje
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SOLUTION FOUND!

Seems Avast was the problem. Of all things. This f******g Avast! threw it in the bin and installed bit defender instead. I can now play the game no problems.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
  • Quicktor_Hungary
    Thank You SargeKutje!!!
  • HappySeppie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    What is avast? I have the exact same problem but I don't know what avast is
  • HappySeppie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I don't have avast I use avg and i can't find any problem
    I tried everything and I just want to play hardline
  • StarscreamUK
    6264 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    avg is avast. (sorry for the late reply)
  • fujiyama-95
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello there! very sorry for the late reply but, I know a few things that may help you.

Locate Battlefield Hardline's Directory inside of Origin Games folder.
    Find _Install folder
    DirectX
    redist
    Locate and install directx setup exe inside of the folder with all the RAR files.

If you keep getting kicked by Punkbuster, there are two things you can do that will hopefully solve this.

1. install hardline punkbuster inside of the directory

2. Go into Windows Firewall Advanced Security (Windows Defender Secutiy Center)
    Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see five options available in text and select "Advanced settings"
    Advanced settings
    Look to the left column and locate "Inbound rules" section and locate all and every single Pnkbstr A and B rule inside the section to the right.
    Go into the properties and find "Programs and Services" tab
    First section "Programs" select the very first option "All programs that meet specified conditions" for every single pnkbstr rule A and B.