Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I went quickly through some of the accounts in my little black book of cheaters, and true enough, a couple of them have started playing again yesterdayish. Nothing blatant in the few game reports I checked, so they must be trying to keep a low profile. But then again, given that most of them are absolute garbage without enhancements, mediocre performance is telling nonetheless.
    I have the feeling that this is not the only public cheat working at the moment, since I've come across three low-level (yet past 10 hours of gametime) aimbotters in the last week. I could have just been unlucky, but still it feels like a notable difference to the last few months of relative cheat-freeness.

And you found one on this forum without even playing against him :D
  • TEKNOCODE
    10716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I went quickly through some of the accounts in my little black book of cheaters, and true enough, a couple of them have started playing again yesterdayish. Nothing blatant in the few game reports I checked, so they must be trying to keep a low profile. But then again, given that most of them are absolute garbage without enhancements, mediocre performance is telling nonetheless.
    I have the feeling that this is not the only public cheat working at the moment, since I've come across three low-level (yet past 10 hours of gametime) aimbotters in the last week. I could have just been unlucky, but still it feels like a notable difference to the last few months of relative cheat-freeness.
    Do you have definitive proof that they “low levels” were cheating? I would bet $100 that those are second accounts from experienced players.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing conclusive for an objective outside observer, but enough to not leave doubt in my mind. I can PM you the gamertags if you are interested, but without recorded game and spectator footage I suspect it won't be convincing.
    I know what it is like to get bested by great players, and getting bested by cheats feels starkly different. I don't get curious about players having great rounds, it's about how they achieve them. Great players outplay you, cheats just brute force you to death.
    Once I encounter a suspicious player, I check their statistics. To be able to draw any conclusions, I have gone through weapons stats of large bunch of legit players to have a good baseline of top-level natural performance for comparison. If a player has stats with no abnormalities, discrepancies or other markers of suspicious behaviour, then I chalk it up to the game and give them the benefit of doubt.
    But as I've posted my findings to this forums in the span of a year, quite often they turn out to display clear enough markers of cheating. Headshotters are easiest to pinpoint, then those with abnormally high accuracy (they forget to shoot air enough). Then you have your low-hit-count-kill-ratios, suggesting non-critical headshots to soften up the target (incidentally these are quite easy to pick up in-game, since you get repeated helmet clinging sounds only to die to a non-headshot). Damage modders are the most trivial. If you want to be real thorough, going through individual game reports will often highlight impossible accuracies not buried in aggregate accuracies.
    But all in all I've reported around twenty clear cases, which seems to match the experiences of other (credible/like-minded/non-paranoid) EU players on this forum. So I think I have some credibility and would like to believe I can tell the difference between smurf accounts and cheat accounts.
    To be honest, I don't expect a console player to understand the nuances. But I would take the bet, if only we had the means to settle it.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2018
    Just putting it out there 41% with FH.... I’m personally done with it, not because of the cheaters, but because of the terrible weapon balancing, long live battalion 1944
  • DigitalHype
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Just a heads up that a major donation hack has just been updated... It has 5038 listed downloads but I'm not sure if that includes the free version of it which no longer works.. as an apology to the user's for taking a long time to update the seller/ coder has given everybody the Plus version for free which includes vehicle aimbots . Just be aware

[edited to fix mistake. it was conquest i played. not operations]

This is interesting. While playing yesterday afternoon/evening I played about 15-20 rounds of conquest. I noticed that almost every single match (except for one) was a total blowout. On some I was loosing side. Some winning side. I'm talking losers with < 200-300 tickets or less, at end-of-round. Some were less than <200 tickets. And several spawnlocks on maps where it doesn't usually happen. Again, this was several different servers with totally different players. Even some of the very popular rented servers in North America, emptied very early yesterday before 9PM MST due to all the frustration. Clan guys quit seeding. Several veteran players said they had the same experience. Something was off.

Something significant must have changed yesterday. There was a major abnormailty in the "balance". I know BF1's balance has never been the best. But, normally I see about 50% or less of the CQ matches I play end up as blowouts. Last night was near 90% of them. As a theory, I wondered if there was a major update to a cheat that was causing problems for the matchmaking algorithms. Possibly more players were suddenly playing above their skill, while testing a new cheat. There were a lot more 30:0, 40:1, 50:0 +, etc players on the leaderboards than I normally see, in all of the matches I played yesterday.
    Post edited by DigitalHype on
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    holymoly 15-20 rounds of operations? you not have ptsd from the meat grinder at the end of that session? I do well to stickout a single round, two at best.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    And you found one on this forum without even playing against him :D

You'd think cheaters had other forums for hooking up, or at least have the decency to try and keep it on the down low before coming here.
  • DigitalHype
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    holymoly 15-20 rounds of operations? you not have ptsd from the meat grinder at the end of that session? I do well to stickout a single round, two at best.

Oops. Good catch. Not sure why I wrote operations. It was conquest. Holy crap! 15-20 rounds of operations. No way I could handle that torture. Not to mention how long that would take.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oops. Good catch. Not sure why I wrote operations. It was conquest. Holy crap! 15-20 rounds of operations. No way I could handle that torture. Not to mention how long that would take.

I play on EU servers and I've observed this lately. Our experiences could have different causes to them no doubt; I'm seeing different factors involved in my games.
    I haven't seen any noticable cheats in the rounds I'm reflecting upon, and the reason I'm seeing games getting dominated is because there is a noticable amount of team stacking going on.
    I don't think many gamers want to play in a team who sit back on their first flag all game (mixed ranks that are doing this I might add), so they join the team trying to make an effort, so each relative party congregate on retrospective teams. Result = One team gets whooped.
    Not every one is doing it, but it is a trend right now, and the same thing occured in BF4 and its predecessors during their life cycles too.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ^^^^^^ this
  • Photonic-Prophet
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have to agree with the teamstacking element....however, i as well, noticed a substantial uptick in lopsided matches as well last night. Folks, at the end of the day its a game. As i have said before, as in real life there are people who go about things in a crap way. Difference is, there is NO real reason to not be a **** because of ZERO negative consequences. Think of all the hateful and just outright pitiful comments that go on in any given game.

For me, i think i have 70 hours in this game, which is a farcry from the hours i have had in bf4, bf3, bf2 etc. all those were over 1k hours played. So why do i say this? Eventually cause and effect will take place as it already has with me. If im not having fun, then why play so much right? Why spend money on a future title if it isnt going to be enjoyable? I wouldnt doubt that EA loves the revolving income of new product keys being bought, but at some point they have got to know that sales dropping from regular folk will outweigh sales from revolving key sales.

TLDR; live your life, its just a game, and look at the real world if you want a control group for what can happen in a virtual one :)
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I sent in a report to DICE once, it was a video of a cheater, linked to my personal youtube account. I had the video set to UNLISTED. A few weeks after I sent it into DICE, there were two, `Git Gud` comments on it.

How, or why, would DICE have either:
    1. Shared these videos with people outside of DICE and the enforcement of cheating?
    2. Made `Git Gud` comments themselves

My conclusion is that DICE is complicit if not collaborating with the cheat companies.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hell, I sent in a report on a player on the 5th of January, and as of today, the 16th, the video still has 0 views.

Oh yeah, DICE is busting its butt...
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    can you please link the videos so i can maybe say git gud
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hell, I sent in a report on a player on the 5th of January, and as of today, the 16th, the video still has 0 views.

I reported 10 with video evidence.
    No views, all banned.
  • D5RAT
    1999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

I reported 10 with video evidence.
    No views, all banned.

I think Fairfight has git gud lately and those who are still cheating are having to minimise the kd ect which I think is pretty self defeating lol
  • Photonic-Prophet
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here is a fun little exercise for those having doubts. Play an old title and see just how much better you do.
  • samjogo
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018
    Ran into a aim bot user *name and shame removed* and reported him to EA Support.

**** you LOLGotYerTags
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @samjogo
    That's great you've reported them, But do not name and shame on the forum.

• LOLGotYerTags
    12308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    samjogo wrote: »
    **** you LOLGotYerTags

Yeah not wise.

For that, I am issuing a 72 hour suspension.
This discussion has been closed.