Ping

2003cobravert
63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I’ve been taking mental notes on pings. I’ve had different pings depending on where. One thing I’ve always noticed is when my ping was hovering around 40-50 I never had a problem with hit detection. Has anyone else experienced anything similar with pings in console?

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some of us have been saying for ages there's a 'sweet spot' for ping (50-90ms), I'd have a far more consistence experience on east coast US servers (60-90ms), than on my normal region of EU/UK (20-30ms)

Generally gets shut down and called a liar tho
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some of us have been saying for ages there's a 'sweet spot' for ping (50-90ms), I'd have a far more consistence experience on east coast US servers (60-90ms), than on my normal region of EU/UK (20-30ms)

Not to be confused with the sweet spot for ping abuse between 150-170MS.
  • 2003cobravert
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I constantly lose one on ones only to find out their stats suck and their ping is around 40-60, 3 bar connection while I’m at 20 with 4 bars.

All I can say is nice coding dice
  • LagunaBlau
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Idk what’s been up with the servers lately but I’ve had a horrible issue with my ping being all over the place. My sweet spot is down in the teens and 20’s.
  • 2003cobravert
    Mine is around 40 but I’ll be damned if I’ve seen that since patch 2.
  • LagunaBlau
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I swear I’ve had issues since they released those two new maps for turning tides. Ever since they dropped I’ve had problems.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I constantly lose one on ones only to find out their stats suck and their ping is around 40-60, 3 bar connection while I’m at 20 with 4 bars.

wut? So you are blaming their ping on why you lost?
  • The_BERG_366
    2764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well for me it shows 90-100 ping in the scoreboard on east. on eu non-germany ones it shows sbout 35 and on the German ones It shows <10. I've played mostly on the German ones recently (not because I tired to do so but they just happened to be the ones that I played on). It felt just fine in terms of hitreg. in fact the one time I had a somewhat heavy hitreg denial in the last weeks (which happens rarely for me) It showed me a ping of 37. so not even that happened when I played on super low ping.

I personally don't have hitreg issues when playing on super low ping.
  • Twistality
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So I’ve been taking mental notes on pings. I’ve had different pings depending on where. One thing I’ve always noticed is when my ping was hovering around 40-50 I never had a problem with hit detection. Has anyone else experienced anything similar with pings in console?

Netcode and lag comp for the influx of OOR players are the likely problem. Online play has gotten alot worse lately.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    seen several 999 pingers over the last few days, I dread to think what they're seeing on their screens.
  • Mojocarlos
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can show you...

Yesterday evening I was getting 1000+. Im in Au. I looked for a green server and found one with full bars, joined, five mins into the round it was showing 1000+ again. It was unplayable. But in the middle of the day I played 6 rounds with no latency warnings at all. Internet in Au is really frustrating at the moment.
  • 2003cobravert
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

I never said I was blaming them. I’m fully aware dice has coded the game this way. I’d be thrilled to actually get a dev on here who could truly explain how the system works and also give examples so we can all just understand it. But I know that will never happen.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I never said I was blaming them. I’m fully aware dice has coded the game this way. I’d be thrilled to actually get a dev on here who could truly explain how the system works and also give examples so we can all just understand it. But I know that will never happen.

I think you need to read your previous post again. Basically you are blaming that the only reason you died is cause their ping is higher even though 40-60 ms is not that high.

Also you say you 20ms latency but then go off saying you are a 40ms. So which one is it?
  • 2003cobravert

I think you need to read your previous post again. Basically you are blaming that the only reason you died is cause their ping is higher even though 40-60 ms is not that high.

Also you say you 20ms latency but then go off saying you are a 40ms. So which one is it?

Can you understand what your reading?? The whole point of this post is to gather info from others. At no point am I saying I’m always at 40ms. For a few games in the very distant past I was. Since then I’m always at 15-25 on an east coast server and yes it’s pretty obvious that I’m unable to drop a guy whose got their back to me. I’ve been playing these long enough to know what lag is.. so please stop trolling and gtfo
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get 20MS normally but after I play for between 15-45 mins I start getting delayed bullets and ping spiking up to 200MS. This has only happened after the last update with German servers. Any idea what’s causing it?
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mojocarlos wrote: »
    I can show you...

Yesterday evening I was getting 1000+. Im in Au. I looked for a green server and found one with full bars, joined, five mins into the round it was showing 1000+ again. It was unplayable. But in the middle of the day I played 6 rounds with no latency warnings at all. Internet in Au is really frustrating at the moment.
    Is that how your gameplay is on Australian servers? That would suck. That video you posted looks exactly how you described. Unplayable . I see that and wonder how in the world a player I saw and recorded a week ago finished a match something like18-10 with a 999ms. Drives me nuts why they would even want to play a whole match like that ya know ?
  • Mojocarlos
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is that how your gameplay is on Australian servers? That would suck. That video you posted looks exactly how you described. Unplayable . I see that and wonder how in the world a player I saw and recorded a week ago finished a match something like18-10 with a 999ms. Drives me nuts why they would even want to play a whole match like that ya know ?

Not all the time. It is inconsistent. I might play for 3hrs with no latency warnings at all. Then try at another time I get a game like in the video. Once I see it like that I have to exit and try a different server. I've even seen as high as 8000ms usually with loss of connection to EA servers coming soon after. Yet there has been nothing wrong with the internet connection, I have 22/1 aDSL here and there are no errors reporting in the router at the time of the problems. Everything else is fine if I try speed tests and the like. But for sure I also find it hard to believe someone could finish a game with 999ms with kills. I couldn't even get to the fight, I was running repeatedly over the same few metres!
  • VBALL_MVP

Can you understand what your reading?? The whole point of this post is to gather info from others. At no point am I saying I’m always at 40ms. For a few games in the very distant past I was. Since then I’m always at 15-25 on an east coast server and yes it’s pretty obvious that I’m unable to drop a guy whose got their back to me. I’ve been playing these long enough to know what lag is.. so please stop trolling and gtfo

Please blaming your death on someone with 40ms latency is plain silly. You're being salty..
  • The_BERG_366
    2764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I play on 9 ping. don't have these issues... but I guess your anecdotal evidence is better than mine.
  • 2003cobravert
    I’m not saying that this ping idea isn’t directly related to me. Maybe that’s just a sweet spot for me. Ever since they had those server issues the other day I can’t get hit detections for crap!! It’s horrible. I’ve done everything possible to change my connection, nothing works. Even when I do get hit detections they usually just walk away after emptying a half a clip into them. On my screen I’m dying without even blinking an eye. It’s pissing me off