Will there be more then 5 server regions?

Comments

• iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Again site your source on only a few high ping player in region....crappy internet is crappy internet and crappy routes are crappy routes. Doesn't matter if you have 120mbps...doesn't mean you have good stable internet. Hell there is a player here who plays on a 4G hotspot...you think there are not others? If you dont understand that then it explains why you are blaming everything on OOR.
    Do you have proof or a source that the vast majority of local players are running with an unusually high ping and are lagging our servers and that it is not those from far away places? You know, all the guys on VoIP that do not speak our native language 24/7? No you don't so **** dimwit. I suppose the thousands of players complaining about the issue since the release are just blaming OOR and you are right? Pfft. Even the developers admitted to it being a problem but that doesn't sync up with your own agenda.

PS bravo, Doobie! Well said.
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To sell a game and not offer local servers and more server locations, ping kick option or region lock servers, acknowledging the issue and doing nothing about, well its a criminal offense. PS4 and Xbox 1 and if you want to include old generetion consoles too they are much bigger supporters to franchise than PC players.
    Currently I am working on Battlefail montage putting clips together of what kind of BS out of region players are causing.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »

Again site your source on only a few high ping player in region....crappy internet is crappy internet and crappy routes are crappy routes. Doesn't matter if you have 120mbps...doesn't mean you have good stable internet. Hell there is a player here who plays on a 4G hotspot...you think there are not others? If you dont understand that then it explains why you are blaming everything on OOR.
    Do you have proof or a source that the vast majority of local players are running with an unusually high ping and are lagging our servers and that it is not those from far away places? You know, all the guys on VoIP that do not speak our native language 24/7? No you don't so **** dimwit. I suppose the thousands of players complaining about the issue since the release are just blaming OOR and you are right? Pfft. Even the developers admitted to it being a problem but that doesn't sync up with your own agenda.

You're the one that said the amount of high latencey players that are in region is small, I asked for your source yet you still haven't backed up your claim.

You keep on bringing statements from over a year ago...I'm wondering if you don't realize about the improvements that been made or you are just super ignorant.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why do people keep screaming for a ping kick or region lock when that is something that needs to be ok'd by a higher authority and not DICE.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    Why do people keep screaming for a ping kick or region lock when that is something that needs to be ok'd by a higher authority and not DICE.

I'm going to ping kick you
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You're the one that said the amount of high latencey players that are in region is small, I asked for your source yet you still haven't backed up your claim.

You keep on bringing statements from over a year ago...I'm wondering if you don't realize about the improvements that been made or you are just super ignorant.

And I am still waiting for you to cite your source that local players are causing more havoc in the game then players that are continuously and constantly playing out-of-region. You don't feel that out of region players running with ridiculous high pings are any problems for console players so, please enlighten and educate us all.

1. I do not disagree with you that there can be local players with very bad connections.
    2. It is my belief that the continuous out-of-region players with high ping caused mainly by playing thousands of miles away from the server are the bigger issue.
    3. I have already stated more than once that I know improvements have been made and that I applaud them.
    4. Show a little respect for the squeaky wheels that got them to concede to this issue in the first place back when. I'm in said list.
    5. Whould I like to see a region locked? No. Would I like to see a ping limit? Yes.

Back to the Dark Zone lol (The Division)
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is this becoming a tit for tat thing now?

Just pointing out your ping limit statement. There are ping limits in place. The problem is, they aren't set by DICE. They are set by MS/Sony.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited May 2016

And I am still waiting for you to cite your source that local players are causing more havoc in the game then players that are continuously and constantly playing out-of-region. You don't feel that out of region players running with ridiculous high pings are any problems for console players so, please enlighten and educate us all.

1. I do not disagree with you that there can be local players with very bad connections.
    2. It is my belief that the continuous out-of-region players with high ping caused mainly by playing thousands of miles away from the server are the bigger issue.
    3. I have already stated more than once that I know improvements have been made and that I applaud them.
    4. Show a little respect for the squeaky wheels that got them to concede to this issue in the first place back when. I'm in said list.
    5. Whould I like to see a region locked? No. Would I like to see a ping limit? Yes.

Back to the Dark Zone lol (The Division)

Lol, don't take credit for getting Dice to fix it Al Gore. Just like this thread...you haven't brought any facts and evidence to the table...just whining and moaning. The people who made this game better are people like Battlenonsense who showed real data that the Devs could use and find the root cause....nice try.

Again way to dodge the challenge, you are the one that keeps posting high latency in region is a minority, don't try to turn it back on me....if you dont have the data don't be assuming that every guy that you die from is OOR....in fact the person that could be lagging and causing issues may be you....but I bet you will deny that with no relevant data to back it up.
  • PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yallshould stop with the ping kicker crap for once and for all.

3rd parties offer these on rented servers on PC.
    Neither DICE or EA offer them on their servers.
    So if they dont offer it on PC you can sure as hell bet they wont offer in console.

GL for 3rd parties getting approval from SONY/MS to get ping kicker on console on the servers they are going to rent.

Region lock would be the dumbest thing for a title like BF.

Servers in more regions is the only viable option but it cost money , so ask yourself if you are willing to pay more for that to happen even though there is nothing stopping anyone from playing OOR.....

• doobiebromac
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    Anyone who has played BF4 at all knows that out of region players cause lag comp issues with servers. That is all the evidence anyone needs,...hands on experience. I rent a server for BF4 PS3 and when I kick all the out of region players, those who do not have their PS3 spoken language as English(United States), the game runs/plays like a dream! To me out of region lag comp issues are not even a debate that can be argued anymore. It is a known fact now.

But here is a bunch of knowledgeable community members explaining what seems to be lost on a few posters to this thread. These are just a few videos I quickly found. There are literally hundreds of videos on Youtube showing how and why high ping players cause server issues, ruining online gameplay. Some of these are older vids but the patches introduced from the CTE have not corrected the issue,..so I would say they are still relevant.

• VBALL_MVP
    edited May 2016
    Anyone who has played BF4 at all knows that out of region players cause lag comp issues with servers. That is all the evidence anyone needs,...hands on experience. It isn't even anything to be argued about anymore. It is a known fact now.

But here is a bunch of knowledgeable community members explaining what seems to be lost on a few posters to this thread. These are just a few videos I quickly found. There are literally hundreds of videos on Youtube showing how and why high ping players cause servers issues ruining online gameplay.

One thing that is not mentioned in the servers is that high latency players accelerate server degradation. In fact Battlenonsense did analyze the netgraph with low latency and high latencey players in a server and did not find any evidence that suggests this.

Lag will always be there and you will never eliminate it, you can just reduce the perceived "advantage". Chris does compare BF4 to other games and you can see in terms of performance it is better than BF3 and almost as good as CSGO. He also shows the lack of solid lag compensation in games like CoD and RB6.
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016

Maybe trying to get dice to push the idea to the higher ups.

Like a poster previously said.
    Have regional servers that are regional locked.
    Have international servers that aren't locked
    Allow private servers to ping kick

Seems fair enough for all
  • mmarkweII

I completely understand this and what is being said. But look at it from MS/Sony POV. They don't distinguish between regional/international servers. They just say servers, meaning all servers being connected to by their respective console, can't be disconnected yada yada yada, depending on the TCR/TRC/Lot Check language for said game.
  • iSpyRecon
    Is this becoming a tit for tat thing now?

Just pointing out your ping limit statement. There are ping limits in place. The problem is, they aren't set by DICE. They are set by MS/Sony.

This is news to me. I don't mean that sarcastically. Where have you read that there is a ping limit in place on Console but it's set by Sony and what is the rate how does it work?
  • PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Why would DICE do something so dumb?

They gain nothing doing this.

More servers mean more cost which is not what EA is looking for.
    Ping Kickers are offered by 3rd parties and have nothing to do with DICE or EA.
    Not to mention anything regarding ping should be covered in the TCR/TRC and i dont think EA will be thrilled to argue with SONY/MS about this just for BF....

Also might be wrong but region lock usually is in the core coding of the game and not something set on the server side.
    Not that it matters much as you can bypass them easily on console...

• BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get why Dice fixed the problem in BF4 but refused in Hardline it doesn't make any sense and now that the game population has increased its 10 times worse cause these guys hear about going out of region to boost and that's exactly what they are doing ,using it as an advantage.
  • doobiebromac
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don't get why Dice fixed the problem in BF4

The problem has not and will not be fixed for any Dice/EA online FPS unless the aforementioned server changes are made.

• smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't blame EA/Dice for no region lock, server admins are responsible for ping issues...to kick and keep the server smooth....also to the title of this thread "than" not "then" 5 servers - i know, i suck
  • mmarkweII
    I don't get why Dice fixed the problem in BF4

The problem has not and will not be fixed for any Dice/EA online FPS unless the aforementioned server changes are made.

And....these server changes won't be made (on console) until MS/Sony do their part in allowing these changes to be made.
    smys123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't blame EA/Dice for no region lock, server admins are responsible for ping issues...to kick and keep the server smooth....also to the title of this thread "than" not "then" 5 servers - i know, i suck

Console is a different story.
  • posmeester
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are over 13000 BF4 players on PC in South Africa. Why can't we get our own servers for BF1? The closest servers to us are in Europe with a 160ms ping.
This discussion has been closed.