Weekly Debrief

The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• Nasty_DEFfect
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm sure it's NOT Kirkpatrick. Yesterday I tried some filters with the program Gimp to find anything on the picture with the medic soldier. But I've found nothing. Can anybody try this too with Photoshop?
    The "E" can maybe have to do something with the unsolved morsecodes too (BCEFD)
  • Aurkonungr
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    Hmm

Searching on google with this foto brought me only the information, that the medic is a german one.
    But found no names.
    Only the name of the Company "Sanitätskompanie"

I guess that the letters are a watermark of some program.
    On all sites with this foto the fotos have the same letters.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8295574586
    Source of the foto
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/paranoid_womb/

Better readable watermark
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/paranoid_womb/37863444545/
  • Knucklehead23jp
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does the moris code at lighthouse map play the same for everyone?
  • Collision_TN
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    The "E" can maybe have to do something with the unsolved morsecodes too (BCEFD)

Are you telling it's related to the picture? If so, how?

Edit: explained.
    Post edited by Collision_TN on
  • DingoKillr
    3561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    E might have to do with the name of the secret LMG skin "an Escalation" needing to be kitted when doing a task. Similar to the dog tags in BF4 Phantom.
  • Nasty_DEFfect
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018
    ok now; E is the fifth letter in alphabet (all have to do with E and 5). you can put the link, what Masterman has postet, in Ceasar cipher shift encoder. if you encode it with 5 shifts, you get a youtube link to a doctor who clip (Forgotten his name).

the video is about web of fear

forget what I wrote about the E's.
    Now I think the morsecodes could have more to do with the 6 switches in the lighthouse. Morsecodes are A-F (1-6)
  • Aurkonungr
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The video is also about the yeti-sphere.

Lupkow Pass also include a yeti Easteregg.

So, we dont found all on this map and the Yeti has somethink todo with the next step of the Master EE?
  • Knucklehead23jp
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stayed up last night flipping switches only to have a plane show up and bomb the lighthouse ! Don't know if i was doing anything but the ships out at seas fog horns would sound off ? Anyway anybody know a server where a fella can figure out this ee in peace? Dont mind killing raiders or the odd dude lost but blowing up the whole Easter egg just triggers me. I could use help for all i know the switchs might be doing something but cant see from the lighthouse
  • CW_Lightning
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait... The switches are destructible? Shouldn't everything EE related be indestructible?
  • Knucklehead23jp
    I thought so also but these get blasted along with the lighthouse. One time it happened and kinda left the light effect on , just flouting up in the air. Should of investigated but was so pissed i couldn't see straight. Pissed mad not drunk(maybe a bit of both)do you think where missing something? Could it be the moris at the cases and switch in the house needs another step before busting the lanterns and activating lighthouse switches? Possible bait and switch literary? It does pose a threat for lone hunters because of the background noises and concentration on the job at hand enemy airmen get a good jump on you.
  • CW_Lightning
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, I don't have any clue and it doesn't seem like there is any progress. Do we have to wait for Apocalypse?
  • Knucklehead23jp
    Not sure, maybe ? So far ive just been hiting switchs trying to bulldog threw it . Noticed german ship named Percival the knight looking for the grail or the dude that made the cipher? Like you i thought ee wasn't exposed to be blown up. Im positive its not a glitch maybe where missing a step or the switch thing is time sensitive? Any ideals welcome
  • Knucklehead23jp
    Wasn't there a yeti ee on this map? Could it be part of the steps if im not mistaken it had to do with the lighthouse bell
  • CW_Lightning
    I had the opportunity to ask jjju a few things in levelcaps stream.
    (I can't recall everything 100%, so it's not quoted directly)

I asked if there is a complete Phase 3 at the moment and if it could be completed (I wasn't sure lol) and he said yes. (I asked this because I thought that maybe we had to wait for Apocalypse because this was/is going nowhere)

I asked if anyone already did complete it, he said yes, he himself and was nervous someone would spectate him lol.

Ofcourse he didn't give any more hints, he already gave too many apparently. So yeah, we have to figure this out. Maybe join the minds in the bfee discord. More brains and feet on the maps should help.
  • Collision_TN
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    I asked if there is a complete Phase 3 at the moment and if it could be completed (I wasn't sure lol) and he said yes. (I asked this because I thought that maybe we had to wait for Apocalypse because this was/is going nowhere)
    That's already confirmed.
    was nervous someone would spectate him lol.
    Gotta blame his co-workers for removing the spectators live count. Also, do you (or does he) mean that he solved it again using his retail account instead of the internal one?
    In case of:
    • internal account, that's obvious since he designed it;
    • retail account, was it done using his main account or an alternative one?

After all, I hate to break it to you and say that you brought nothing new.

UPDATE: this is one of the VODs (if not the only) where you can witness chat interaction between CW_Lightning and jjju. It would be nice if someone can get us a list of screenshots of Q&A from both parties.

Such claims can be easily made by anyone, but let's assume what you said is true and ask you the following questions:
    1. How did you know jjju will be following LevelCap's stream in first place?
    2. Which platform did the stream take place on? In case of Twitch, can you link us, from this page, the VOD with the timestamp where you both started talking in the chat?
    3. Did you take any screenshot or video or jjju's responses? If not, why?
  • CW_Lightning
    Dude chill. Just talked casually to him and then wrote what happened because this is a forum and maybe someone would care reading it. :/

• Collision_TN
  • Collision_TN
    DU0eoiJXUAAkdgQ.jpg:orig
    ­ ­
  • CW_Lightning
    It was solved btw. I find it pretty disappointing to be honest. It's just a skin for the 1917 lmg.

This is SaanHolos video. Just took it from reddit. There should be more than enough other videos.

Big thanks to the whole BFEE discord/community. Good job.
  • PhantomDJ
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jackfrags has a pretty good video on how to unlock the new skin: