Anti tank mines should not be able to destroy tanks

Comments

• SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I thought not only the damage per mine was buffed but also the blast radius. But some are saying the blast radius is lower?
  • X_justhaze_X
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just use your eyes and don't whip around in the tank blindly.
  • TrueRedslayer
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    As was stated elsewhere - squad up and get an infantry to spot and destroy mines if you don’t like them.

Edit: Actually, on reflection, you may be on to something here. Tanks could be disabled and only allowed to be used again when they have been repaired. No repair, no tank. This would stop the non stop procession of tanks. A good thing. I’m up for that.

That's pretty much what I want. Is for it to completely disable movement of the tank (but be repairable), thus not allowing someone to place mines on the tanks spawn and get a free kill that takes absolutely no skill to get, while they are on the other side of the map lol.

I like how most of the comments here are people that don't have any skill thus want their noobmines to stay the way they are and aren't even willing to consider it though lol. This is why we ended up with s**t like the suppression of BF3, and random dispersion on shots or those ridiculous stingers of BF3-4, noob players that need skill gap reducers.

I don't really understand it honestly, it's extremely rare that I get killed by tanks while on foot, since generally they are focused on other tanks, or trying to shoot planes down. So why people cry and want noob weapons that take no skill to take them out is really beyond me. (I do get blown up by planes at least once a night though lol).
  • Ronin9572
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    Why would they increase the damage as 3 mines could take out a tank anyway? no need to do anything with them.

I would guess the distance between the mines on the “location limiter” in the patch makes it impossible to bunch mines together?? Other than that I have no idea. It really depends on that distance limiter whether it’s a buff or nerf.

They are doing something similar to the trip-wire bombs as I recall.

My source is Westie on YT.

@PackersDK I just watched that video as well. I'm totally shocked on the anti tank mines and trip wires as well. Didn't trip wires just get a buff, or am I confused(easy enough these days, lol). Don't fix something that isn't broke, seriously! Guess i'll rush now and do my anti tank mine stuff now, glad I got all the trip wire stuff done already.
  • Ronin9572
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    So who exactly was asking for this mine change? Some Youtuber? I've never seen a single thread asking for this. More unnecessary change instead of fixing the things that are broken..

@HuwJarz This exactly!
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There are 36 videos of my noobmines and my skilless play as an assault player, so can someone tell me what will be different from what i'm doing in this video? if they are going to nerf the way i play maybe i should up my game and be more skillfull with a Mondragon sniper and a medic bag between my legs, just asking?
  • elc0m0d0re_87hf
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    When you control the tank in 3rd person you barely see the mines, of course.

But when you control it from 1st person you gonna see mines pretty easily. You just gotta expect them coming.
  • dcs500
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly, where has it come from?

A rumour on an internet forum.
    Why does Dice think it's necessary?

They don't.

• xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dcs500 wrote: »

They don't.

Well, it's not a rumour because it's in the patch notes. A reddit user has tested it on CTE and said that mines now have to be roughly 1.5 metres apart and that is obviously still close enough to trigger each other given the 2 metre blast radius.

So if you've flanked that tank, it's one on each corner before you grenade it. I can live with that.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They don't.

Well, it's not a rumour because it's in the patch notes. A reddit user has tested it on CTE and said that mines now have to be roughly 1.5 metres apart and that is obviously still close enough to trigger each other given the 2 metre blast radius.

So if you've flanked that tank, it's one on each corner before you grenade it. I can live with that.

Yup, fired up the CTE, this is true. You can’t place them on top of each other, but the explosion from the first mine will set off the other, if it’s placed as close as is allowed (roughly 1,5 meters seems accurate).

Patch notes:
    AT Mine:

Damage increased by 50%
    Blast radius adjusted to 2m
    Infantry placed mines (both AT and Tripwires) have been adjusted so that players can no longer stack them close together. There is now a minimum radius between each mine that must be cleared for it to be placed. To compensate for this, the power of each individual mine has been increased.
  • Ronin9572
    Ploodovic wrote: »

They don't.

Yup, fired up the CTE, this is true. You can’t place them on top of each other, but the explosion from the first mine will set off the other, if it’s placed as close as is allowed (roughly 1,5 meters seems accurate).

Patch notes:
    AT Mine:

Damage increased by 50%
    Blast radius adjusted to 2m
    Infantry placed mines (both AT and Tripwires) have been adjusted so that players can no longer stack them close together. There is now a minimum radius between each mine that must be cleared for it to be placed. To compensate for this, the power of each individual mine has been increased.

Thanks for the info! I was able to get most of my needed AT mine kills last night. Sorry to the poor saps on Amiens, lol.
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is funny. All you need to do to avoid AT mines is to not drive down the roads that are in the middle of the map where most people usually flock to. Drive off to the side of roads and slow down to look for mines. Also you can spot mines by pressing R1 so when i am in a tank I drive around and will randomly press it where I think it would be a good place to put mines.
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Couldnt you work around the AT mine distance limit by simply placing 1 mine and throwing a dynamite or 2 ontop of it for more damage when runover/triggered?
    Wouldn't the above still instakill a tank?
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    . O.o like it isn't possible to put it underneath of where the tank will spawn so that he blows up as soon as he moves.

Actually it is possible A and F flag on amiens where the light tank spawns in. I have footage of me placing mines there as an enemy tank spawned in to instantly blow up lol
  • DireNazgul
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    They should destroy tanks; however, being able to drop down six tank mines at a time is a bit excessive. Unless we are on a map that is extraordinarily large.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    . O.o like it isn't possible to put it underneath of where the tank will spawn so that he blows up as soon as he moves.

Actually it is possible A and F flag on amiens where the light tank spawns in. I have footage of me placing mines there as an enemy tank spawned in to instantly blow up lol

It was possible, yes, but they changed it in a recent patch, so you can’t place mines on tank spawns anymore. And in the preliminary patch notes, for the January update, there’s this line.
    Increased the mine removal radius for the A7V Heavy Tank.
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, one anti-tank mine already won't destroy a tank. I've hit plenty of single mines and survived. It's when you hit two or more or you hit one and it triggers another. And games can be random, sometimes as a tanker you can't move for mines, then the next game on one is using them. My preferred method for using anti-tank mines is to sneak up behind a tank, drop all three then lob in an anti-tank grenade for good measure. The tank go big boom!
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    they should not destroy tanks as long as tanks can not self heal.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lol...no
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Lol...no

love to see them crippled and tracks blown off ...... specially when they jump out to repair and burn under my incendiary grenade .....