North Sea Update – Weapon balance - Feedback and discussion

Comments

• Task37
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    can we get some numbers? only thing i have noticed is the super slow aim down sight for lmg and shotguns seem weird. everything else seems the same.
  • ablessedtech
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bet hardcore would be more fun now.
  • Bozlanator
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So a year ago i bought PS4 to play BF1 with my friends, learned to play a game and the May come and with it first troubles. With each update my latency was higher. Ok, so i invest in a 2 year deal with new best possible internet provider, latency was fine but guess what. Hit detectors, lags still there. So i bought Ps4 pro thought it would improve it somehow, reinstalled a game, thought it could a bug due to all updates.

Made a platoon 30 plus people playing tournaments, still didnt give up Bf1. But this, this is a deal breaker. I tested 10 weapons i like to play and this is a different story. Not only that you guys reduced TTK but problem is, that you could hardly defend from some players before and now it's even harder. Server glues all bullets into one and i get kill by many weapons as a shotgun or a sniper. Cudos for medic's accuracy improvement but you broke a game in general as nothing feels right now.

Since the last two updates for an example i ve played somehow a normal game, but since then as an aggressive medic or an assault i started losing like a lot 1 on 1 vs supports. From 10 deaths i get killed 7-8 by supports. Lewis gun, MG and it they were on the floor when their weapon should win no problem, but with hip fire and inside 5-10 meters vs my autoloading can't be true and can't make sense to lose those encounters. What you should do is to buff or nerf a few weapons and not to change a complete weapon mechanics to all weapons and with smaller TTK there's no joy in using weapons when mostly all kill quickly now.

Medics will hurt a lot, since one shot missed and they're done. What will happen, 50% of people will play as support bcs now makes no sense to play as anything else. Thank you for a good 6 months and 6 months of broken game, and note to my self never buy DICE product again, and many will feel the same. Cheers
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really like how tripwires were changed up.

The C class airship could use some work though. I’m on PS4 and I noticed a couple bugs:

1. When you spawn as the driver you are unable to self repair unless the setup you had before the vehicle selection screen had the repair tool equipped.
    2. When switching to the artillery spotting mode, the pitch axis is not inverted (for those that have this option selected.

Also overall I feel like it is too vulnerable to rockets and AA. A slight armor buff would really help, and maybe even a 5th position for a repair man like the heavy bomber?
  • FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The ranged damage buff to LMG's is much appreciated. It has made the entire class much more viable overall. It might be a good idea to increase the Chauchat's 3 hit kill range in a similar way to the RSC 1917 to make it a viable alternative to the parabellum, and also decrease the reload time on the Huot, but other than that I think DICE finally got the support class right.
  • curtwiltzius
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I thought this ttk patch was supposed to buff lmgs? So u "adjust the spread" aka "increase." So then, what? 1 less btk now but it's impossible to hit anything besides the very first bullet? In other words u nerfed the supoort.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It feels, like recoil reduction on self-loaders is not such serious in game right now, as it was in CTE. If it is so, then it's not a really good thing, I wish, it could be like it was there.

SMGs had to get TTK improvement, but, for example, MP12/16 is still a trash gun, it's still almost impossbile to kill anyone with it, and even if you do, your mag is empty anyway, you only killed 1 guy. Sad, should be fixed.

And (if I may) the last one note is not about weapons, but it is about TTK anyway and I had a thread somewhere about it, which was totaly ignored, but it's a real problem, that balance/design team should take their attention to.

With "QF-1 vs. bombers" hitboxes bug fixed, QF-1 now has same TTK against bombers, which suppoused to be solid and survivable, as against attack planes or fighters. That's totaly unacceptable, QF-1's damage to bombers and heavy bombers should be majorly decreased for the balance sake.

I thought it was just me. I kept saying to myself yesterday "where is this supposed accuracy buff I saw in the CTE." The Cei Rigotti and Farquhar-Hill storm definitely were buffed, but the Mondragon and Selbstlader 1916 feels exactly the same to me, nothing like they were in the CTE.
  • Marshall656
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Having played this now for a few hours the balance pass appears to have gone to far. Medics are God’s now and LMGs are disadvantaged in every enounter unless you are prone. It is ludicrous to have an aimed machine gun miss at point blank range while the gun balances out for accuracy. The versatility the class offers can’t overcome this critical flaw in basic mechanics of the game. In others words you screwed up a class. Great job.
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i tend to use the same gun so I can't really comment on the other classes, will leave that to other people. I do however know the support gun (MG 15 low weight) like it was an extension on my own arm, unfortunately that arm just got chopped off. From what I can tell from comments/patch notes this gun should be slower to raise to aim (makes sense, it's a heavy gun), no real issue with that. From what I could tell last night it's also been nerfed at any short to medium range (20-30 ft). I get that it won't be as responsive or accurate as an assault gun but now it is basically useless unless you're lay down prone or can get the bipod on a wall.

As a side note those new maps are absolute garbage. Heligoland blight is hands down the worst map I've ever seen in a battlefield game imo.

Also no operations?! total BS
  • Nonstickron
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2018
    Man, I was having so much fun last night with the Huot. Was getting 4-5 even 6 kills before dying a few times, and I'm not a cautious player...something that never was possible before with that relatively tiny mag. Was at the top of the scoreboard several times despite having a negative K/D. Tried the ribeye, since it's supposed to be meta now, it's nice but I still don't prefer it. Then i switched over to medic, still trying for those headshots, and that was a lot of fun. I'm not really a bolt action guy but my buddy was having a blast sniping all the "OP" smg and lmg users. For what it's worth, I think the gunplay is awesome now.

What DOES need work is that silly little blimp. You realize you can kill that thing with the AA gun before it even overheats one time? Like, a few seconds of firing at it and kaboom. They really have no chance of evading it if they weren't already moving at top speed away from the AA gun. On the other hand, it's pretty hilarious being the aa gunner and I was laughing my butt off blowing them up.
  • MISERY_INDEX76
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    So, you supposedly fixed the randomness of the shotguns(non slug). Well, as I was playing last night, I thought I'd check it out. I would find a sniper just camping, come up behind him, put the reticle on the middle of his back, pull the trigger....and guess what, 8 dmg at point blank range. And that was quite a few occasions. There were times where I'd get 1 shot kills at close range and there where times where I was hitting 80 dmg at quite a distance. Are you sure you fixed it? Also, I thought we were getting a load out screen for vehicles so we didn't have to do it in game. Do have a pretty petty gripe...now whenever I load up the game I have to change my server browser settings every time I close game and come back and my favorites from before patch are gone. Also, I noticed that my hit detection was horrible (and I wasn't the only one voicing my concerns in servers last night). It was random as hell, medium range w/ RSC...first guy I'd shoot, bullets registered hits. Next guy, not a single one, and these were guys standing still. This happened all day on multiple servers. I had better luck last night running around w/ a pistol.
  • MISERY_INDEX76
    edited January 2018
    Just like in all BF games, DICE likes to appease the whiners. Lets nerf everything so these kids will stop complaining that they constantly get killed by this or that gun. You know what, stop running and gunning or change your tactics. I have an idea DICE, take out all the guns, gadgets, vehicles and add harsh language and fists to kill enemy. That seems like the next logical step. But, I'm positive a ton of people will complain they got punched to death so you'll take that out, leave in the harsh language option and then someone will complain about that. So, you'll nerf the harsh language and then we'll be left w/ a game that looks great but completely sucks because you like to make babies happy. What DICE should be working on instead of these bs updates is the real problems in the game...CHEATERS (blatant ones at that), bug fixes, glitches, and the running and sliding. The running and sliding reminds me of the good ol' BF2 days w/ the dolphin diving.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Man, I was having so much fun last night with the Huot. Was getting 4-5 even 6 kills before dying a few times, and I'm not a cautious player...something that never was possible before with that relatively tiny mag. Was at the top of the scoreboard several times despite having a negative K/D. Tried the ribeye, since it's supposed to be meta now, it's nice but I still don't prefer it. Then i switched over to medic, still trying for those headshots, and that was a lot of fun. I'm not really a bolt action guy but my buddy was having a blast sniping all the "OP" smg and lmg users. For what it's worth, I think the gunplay is awesome now.

What DOES need work is that silly little blimp. You realize you can kill that thing with the AA gun before it even overheats one time? Like, a few seconds of firing at it and kaboom. They really have no chance of evading it if they weren't already moving at top speed away from the AA gun. On the other hand, it's pretty hilarious being the aa gunner and I was laughing my butt off blowing them up.

Agree the Huot feels like a super BAR now.
  • MISERY_INDEX76
    Well, I'm done playing this game until next patch. DICE, I must say, you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up an already fine game w/ this patch. Get your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ together and get rid of the cheaters and go back to before this patch. Just got done playing Argonne in a couple of servers. Hit detection is absolutely horrid for shotties like I said in earlier post. And the blatant cheating is so bad. 1 round, 2 guys on opposite teams had well over 100 kills and less than 10 deaths. I don't care how good the best legit player is, they aren't going to do that. I think the next closest person to them had between 20 and 30 kills. You fellas really need to rethink your priorities in this game. It would be one thing if you fixed things and they worked, but it seems the more supposed fixes, the more issues you cause. This is just my opinion, others may think otherwise. I'd like to hear if anyone else is having the same issues w/ their hit detection and such...w/ any gun. I normally play medic w/ RSC and had no probs before this patch w/ HD. Now it's random as hell...as w/ shotguns (supposedly fixed, but seem the same) that's why I hardly use them. But since you say you fixed them, I thought I'd give them a shot, they seem exactly like before...RANDOM HIT DETECTION