The two new maps are simply AWFUL

Comments

• aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Despite what people have been saying, Heligoland had pretty good infantry play I thought. I don't really care for Zeebrugge tbh. It's sooooo long and the cover is sparse enough that it tends to favor pretty campy play styles, especially for attackers.

And it's a kind of minor complaint about zeebrugge, but with the linear layout, the object icons for the flags stack up on each other on the screen and it gets super cluttered, to the point I felt I was just not noticing lots of enemies running around.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not really a fan of Heligoland so far. I like the idea behind it, but it seems to play really slowly. The boats and destroyer don't last very long with so many other vehicles around and the few lives I spent as infantry were pretty boring (besides blowing up a few boats from the coast with K bullets).

The other map hasn't come up for me yet.
  • DaMutha1
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not a long ship, is it? Isn't it a dock?
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

Yeah it's a dock. It has a ship moored there which is a cap point though.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bleachee wrote: »
    I like these maps simply on the basis of the variety they add. I wouldn't want to play them nonstop but they will be a nice change up in the mixed maps rotation. I think once people get familiar with Zeebrugge it will make for some intense head-to-head fights with smart amphibious flanking. On Heligoland, if you're in a boat in the middle of nowhere make sure you die with the boat, or else you're in for a long swim and a long run.

Yeah, I hope things will change a bit once people get to know the maps more.

My initial experience with Zeebrugge is that there are a ton of super fun vehicles to play with and open areas to shoot exposed infantry. So playing as infantry feels like you're being a martyr, constantly getting killed via sea and air while capping a flag.

On the other hand, there are so many vehicles and both vehicle and land-based AA/AT cannons, at least planes and boats aren't immortal. Top-scoring pilots and drivers had just about as many deaths as infantry. So at least it's a blood-bath everywhere.
  • DrakeCasanova
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought they were fun but if you are purely infantry then i certainly get why you wont like them. Im not really much for vehicles either, but i got in a boat and had a blast. Torpedoed whatever big ship is on there and got 4-5 kills, then drove around like an idiot for a while exploring.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »

Zee raid as a burning ship docked alongside the mole (which I believe is one of the British ships used to "rush B"? Don't quote me on that)

Legoland as a beached ship between Apples and Charlie

Both are objectives and be climbed around though only deck level and abovish
  • ThreeDog3212
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New maps are good, but they're not any better than the other DLC maps or native maps. I would prefer to play older maps over these four maps on Turning Tides. I kinda feel not right when I'm playing on those maps. It's not about KD or score, I just can't enjoy them. There are lots of people with the same feeling as well.
  • something0010
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i didn't think they were bad.. but they seem very uninspired.
    i really don't know why they don't have ops either; as both have a long linear layout; seems perfect.
  • GenesisMD5745
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    I've played a couple rounds on both maps last night, and I've gotta say that I actually like both.

Heligoland made for a great naval vs air map. My only problem though is that getting between some flags can take a while when the only way to move around is by foot. But again, I did enjoy the vehicle combat. I also liked how the most common vehicle in the map, the torpedo boats, serve more of a purpose than just transport or occasionally sinking the dreadnought.

Zeebruge is probably my favorite map of Turning Tides. It has a fair mix of infantry and vehicle combat. Unlike Heligoland, the infantry fighting is more enjoyable. More interesting areas to fight in (whereas Heligoland felt a little dull to me on land), and the flags are not spread out as much.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like these maps for the same reason others do. Variety. The mini airship is fun to fly. I didn't get any kills as the pilot, but I maneuvered to allow the gunners to kill a lot. I haven't tried the new ship yet
  • Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Toshevbg wrote: »
    That was a total waste of 50 minutes of my life

The large one not the ship one is sooo bad.. Its running like a headless chicken non stop... D is 250 meters away from E or C and 600 from F...

I made the mistake to go and defend F and then it took me like 6 minutes to get back to C...
    Finished with 30 kills and that LED both teams in term of kills and the game was close at like 26 minutes long.. On top of it its extremly SCOUT friendly.. 70% of the teams were Scout/Support

The Ship was also felt extremly big and long and a lot of vechiles... Its not fun being blasted by zepelins or torpe boats or snipers from A.
    Again the game went 30 minutes and I finished second with 31 kills..

Achi Baba is the only good map. Cape helles or whatever is OK

i really don't know why u haven't got more likes on your post, i think the same as you, the last 2 map additions ARE NOT FOR A FPS game.....i pay premium for this???? VEHICLE-BOAT SIMULATOR?
    This is a fps game, what are those maps doing there????
  • ssjsnoop
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    I wanna know why in the hell we don’t have another operation, so lame

Lamest thing about the DLC.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Zeebrugge could be awesome, if it was an infantry and torpedo boats only map. Too much big ships, airships, planes...
  • UniSUK
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They could've done an operations where we have to attack/ defend the islands with a number of vehicle targets or a time limit. I like the maps but they are very reliant of successful squads to get around and dominate.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That was a total waste of 50 minutes of my life

The large one not the ship one is sooo bad.. Its running like a headless chicken non stop... D is 250 meters away from E or C and 600 from F...

I made the mistake to go and defend F and then it took me like 6 minutes to get back to C...
    Finished with 30 kills and that LED both teams in term of kills and the game was close at like 26 minutes long.. On top of it its extremly SCOUT friendly.. 70% of the teams were Scout/Support

The Ship was also felt extremly big and long and a lot of vechiles... Its not fun being blasted by zepelins or torpe boats or snipers from A.
    Again the game went 30 minutes and I finished second with 31 kills..

Achi Baba is the only good map. Cape helles or whatever is OK

BF4 had a naval DLC. Those were all great. The BF1 Naval DLC is 75% pretty much manure. The navalcombat is unbalanced and boring, infantry have no life at all on the small strip of beaches leading to the flags, its just mindnumbing mapdesign here. They should have made Wavebreaker or something instead of Helgoland die spawn die spawn die oh a torpedoe from 5 miles away die spawn
  • DaMutha1
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018

i really don't know why u haven't got more likes on your post, i think the same as you, the last 2 map additions ARE NOT FOR A FPS game.....i pay premium for this???? VEHICLE-BOAT SIMULATOR?
    This is a fps game, what are those maps doing there????

This is an FPS game that has always had an emphasis on vehicles, that's why. It's what makes Battlefield unique, and it's also why it's the only FPS I play.
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Play the map two more times and once you explored I will be curious how much of a blast you will have driving the boat..
    The map came again today only once I was first from both teams with 20 kills 2 deaths .... 90 percent of the players had like 10 kills 5 deaths....

Manage to use a boat to transport myself from F to C once but even in a boat it took way too long. People voted for the map because they still have not played it but 10 guys left as soon as the map was chosen..

Naval combat ok but seriously? There are like 2 boats from each site operating the other guys play infantry and run around like headless chickens.. Lets say there are some martyrs in the blip and in the drednaugh which do nothing

I played 8 hours today and by far this was the map with the fewest kills I saw on both sites..

p.S there are like 4 vechiles per map 1 plane 2 horses (nobody uses them most of the time) and 1 or 2 tanks ... The other 28 guys are people with guns killing each other

p.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Naval combat but Infantry has to cap the flags and runa round like idiots..
  • StingrayX
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I kind of agree, this DLC pack just didn't do it for me.

There is too much running around and swimming, compared to previous DLC maps.

It's a good idea in concept to have mini ship battles, but if no one plays the objectives right, it can turn into a mess.
  • heresPaul
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are ok but not really what I was expecting with them taking such a long time, especially the ship map