AT Mine nerfs.

Comments

• Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    So the 50% extra damage and 2 metre extended damage radius is a mute point apparantly?

Camping at mines and carrying dynamite over at rockets?

This thread is weird

It's a mute point because double mines would 1 shot before this patch, 1 shot is nearly impossible now due to how the mechanics work.
    With how the placement of them goes they are directional now. It's a straight nerf. Also putting them on roads will get spotted super easily and hiding them is nearly impossible now.

As far as AT rocket, It's a anti infantry tool. Because of low damage and bouncing it's not reliable like TNT/ATG is.
    TNT causes a track crit every hit. TNT does a lot of damage as well. TNT cannot bounce. TNT is a anti camper tool for close quarters.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So the 50% extra damage and 2 metre extended damage radius is a mute point apparantly?

This thread is weird

Of course it's a mute point if you can't kill a heavy tank with your mines. Pre patch it was possible with 2 mines, now it's impossible even with the extra damage and blast radius. Who is now going to roll around Amiens in a light tank knowing a mine strike = death, where as a heavy tank just means you'll be disabled unless an enemy player is nearby.
  • abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just don't get it why it had to be changed, to me it was fine as it was....but I guess you can never tell with these developers and whats in their mind (more so as they are severely lacking in the communication department) at least this has gone my way....tanking will surely be a bit easier now.
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The continued DICE story of nerfing things that didn't need it and buffing things that needed a nerf.
  • Temp1st
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    The continued DICE story of nerfing things that didn't need it and buffing things that needed a nerf.

#Neverforget SRAW nerf
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Temp1st wrote: »

This thread is weird

It's a mute point because double mines would 1 shot before this patch, 1 shot is nearly impossible now due to how the mechanics work.
    With how the placement of them goes they are directional now. It's a straight nerf. Also putting them on roads will get spotted super easily and hiding them is nearly impossible now.

As far as AT rocket, It's a anti infantry tool. Because of low damage and bouncing it's not reliable like TNT/ATG is.
    TNT causes a track crit every hit. TNT does a lot of damage as well. TNT cannot bounce. TNT is a anti camper tool for close quarters.

You know you have 3 mines right? I don't get the change either but it sounds to me like an overreaction from both sides (dice/at mine users)

I'm pretty sure you can still place mines in hidden spots and such. Still plenty of tankers that never notice even the most obvious ones and as proven today mines are still lethal on there own (had an assault come up and do the lay mines next to you trick; god I hate blueberry gunners sometimes)

AT rocket has range though plus you can pick your shot. E.g. Targeting tracks or guns. TNT requires all charges and even then they don't kill a tank. TNT also leaves you very vulnerable and has no range as well as potential to kill you without any gain.

If it was sticky and could kill a tank outright with three charges you may have a point but honestly taking it over at rocket for anti armour is a fools errand.

I'll take range and manoeuvrability over Alan's snackbar anyday regarding an anti armour role
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    grrlpurple wrote: »

#Neverforget SRAW nerf

The SRAW was a high skilled high reward weapon that got nerfed due to cry babies not wanting a decent counter to their choppy. AT mine changes are pretty dumb in my opinion literally no one asked for this..dumb play needs to be punished not rewarded. You can’t use situational awareness to find mines on the road you deserve to die.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Put a stick of dynamite with m, should make it all go BOOM
  • Temp1st

This thread is weird

You know you have 3 mines right? I don't get the change either but it sounds to me like an overreaction from both sides (dice/at mine users)

I'm pretty sure you can still place mines in hidden spots and such. Still plenty of tankers that never notice even the most obvious ones and as proven today mines are still lethal on there own (had an assault come up and do the lay mines next to you trick; god I hate blueberry gunners sometimes)

AT rocket has range though plus you can pick your shot. E.g. Targeting tracks or guns. TNT requires all charges and even then they don't kill a tank. TNT also leaves you very vulnerable and has no range as well as potential to kill you without any gain.

If it was sticky and could kill a tank outright with three charges you may have a point but honestly taking it over at rocket for anti armour is a fools errand.

I'll take range and manoeuvrability over Alan's snackbar anyday regarding an anti armour role

Yeah im pretty familiar with mines, You can place 6 not 3.
    3x TNT + ATG = dead tank.

ATR is much more RNG, It can bounce, It does lower damage depending on angle and range, and you the infantry are highly vulnerable while using it. On top of all of it shooting all your ATR shots will not kill a tank. And the time it takes to get the ATR shots out that tank can retreat and self repair. TNT is a much much more reliable of a kill if your positional awareness is good.

ATR is a good finishing weapon to a tank, TNT+ATG is what you take when you want to solo the tank. Mines used to be another good choice until the nerf.
  • b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it was to stop people for stick them in vehicle spawns.

That's a separate issue, and I think they already changed that.

The problem is that Mines can no longer kill Heavy armour in one blast. Like Tempest said, Heavies are now left at 8 hp. So you can't leave Mines alone if you want to stop large tanks, which defeats the purpose. And you can't put the mines close enough to detonate both at once. You can put them close enough that a tank can get disabled, repair to full since it's alone, and then run over your next mine, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Mines should either be able to destroy all tanks in one blast, or be changed back to needing two close together to kill anything.
    This happened to me last night on Ballroom. Placed them in one of the gates, landship rolls through hits one, repaired, rolled through and hit the other, repaired, and just rolled on through into C. Very frustrating.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why.. It was already the least used assault gadget by a mile and took good placement tactics and proper forethought to get mileage out of them.
    The nerf is just pushing TNT more basically.

You cant:
    Place your mine on a enemy mine for a booby trap
    Place 2 mines behind sandbags for tanks to run over in a proper way because the distance is too long in most cases
    Place 2 mines around corners close enough to 1 shot
    Hide 2 mines on the edge of a blast crater
    Place two mines on a FK96 (Cannon) to 1 shot it

This change is super disappointing. The problem was tripwire stacking not AT mines Jesus DICE, The huge opportunity cost of using them has little payback now.
    Mine rushing tanks with a Mine/LAT is a thing but in that case you are better off just using TNT in most cases.

Might as well just give tanks thermals like in BF4 to make their useless nature complete.

All they shoulda done was prevent people from putting mines in enemies spawn. They thought it was ok to put em right where tanks spawn, thus rendering them dirty scrub players.
    Thank whoever that they can't do that nummore.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A developer really should be giving DICEs reasoning behind major changes
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    AT Mines were really the only reason to go Assault, shotguns were fun at times but what else to do than run around like a monkey on acid?
  • Temp1st
    AT Mines were really the only reason to go Assault, shotguns were fun at times but what else to do than run around like a monkey on acid?

Well you know, Gotta nerf the one that requires some thought.
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2018
    I have 899 mine kills, see here my number 4 weapon https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/NL73schietdammer/weapons I tested the nerf already on cte. And some misconseptions are on this topic. You have to place them apart indeed and I did that on cte (and also after 30ja18 after the patch) and then shot 1 to see if it triggers the other 1 and it does. The blast radius is around 2metres but you can place them closer to that to eachother. And also the width of tanks is wider then 2 mines. I think they only wanted to remove the ability to place them really really close together so that you hardly see them. Dynamite is total crap, you need 2 mines for a heavy tank or landship, and compare that to dynamite even for a light tank you need all 3 dynamite and even then it isn't 100% damage, you have to follow trough with an anti tank nade = crap.
  • RRedux
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It basically confirms what everyone suspected before patch release, mines are less effective against tanks now.

The AT rifle is too weak to use against any sort of tank, just bounces of harmlessly most of the time. AT grenades got their damage nerfed, now AT mines, dynamite is too weak to begin with. Limpet charge got nerfed ages ago as well.

They went down this road with bf4 as well. Players in vehicles already have a massive advantage against regular infantry, and yet vehicle counters just get weaker and weaker.
  • ragnarok013
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    USAFguy22 wrote: »
    They did buff the damage though, does it help at all?

I def think the nerf was intended to stop tripwire stacking, which was becoming a problem imo. And not AT mine stacking.

I wonder if this affects vehicle placed mines..

Tripwire stack was not a problem and neither are AT mines. Both can be defeated by using one's eyes instead of rushing blindly around corners or driving at full speed down a road.
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    How people dont see this as a good thing i really cant understand, i rarely touched mines before cause you just place all of em same place now you can place all 3 different places, get kill from 1 mine ? awesome deal even more as in lots of damage to 1 tank from 1 mine awesome!! , place mine near vehicle shoot it and lots of damage enough to finish of the vehicle in 1 at grenade / rocket / tnt.

How is this not a good thing?
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ruedriguez wrote: »
    How people dont see this as a good thing i really cant understand, i rarely touched mines before cause you just place all of em same place now you can place all 3 different places, get kill from 1 mine ? awesome deal even more as in lots of damage to 1 tank from 1 mine awesome!! , place mine near vehicle shoot it and lots of damage enough to finish of the vehicle in 1 at grenade / rocket / tnt.

How is this not a good thing?

If you could read people have told you why it's a bad thing, if you don't want to kill vehicles very often then yes it's a great thing, just damage them a little all in good fun.
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Let's hope for no more assignments/unlocks that require mine kills