Help me pick Medic weapons please! :)

cabezudi
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2018
So i just started to play and im a level 1 medic. I really like This class and i would appreciate if someone help me with a gun pick at level 1 medic. M1916 factory? M1907 sweeper? M1907 factory? Mondragon Storm? Al 8.35 factory? Thank you for your advice

Comments

• Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All medic rifles outside RSC or Federov is sub par now. Unlock everything with your 1907 sweeper then switch to one of the two better rifles.
  • cabezudi
    Thanks Temp1st i really appreciate it
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Temp1st is correct, but only at the extreme, I think. If you're an average player, your accuracy won't be good enough to get the best from the RSC and if you probably will get killed too much at Federov effective range.

Every weapon has its good and bad points and it's niche. Some niches are smaller than others though. It depends on what situations you find yourself in most and what your personal playstyle is.

Personally I like the Farquhar-Hill, but it's all down to what rate of fire you are comfortable with and what ranges you mostly like to stay at.

The Selby 1916 gets criticised, but if you aren't very accurate and are usually at mid range versus multiple opponents and like to pace your shots it's fantastic.

The medic weapon video I did is still viable after TTK2 as for comparing medic weapons: -
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    farquire optical I do 2,6 kpm with it in conquest
    Federov optical also 2,6 kpm

Rsc is also good but u can’t be extremely aggressive with it

My spm is 2700 and to keep it I need to use the first two
  • cabezudi
    Cheers mate @disposalist at this time i consider myself average but because of the time i spend playing i will be better, i like to play at a medium Range and like to hunt rivals as well
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cei Rigotti is very underestimated IMO. It has 10 bullets and do well with hip fire (something I generally avoid but still noticed as a stand out point for that rifle.)
    The clip size is 5 I think so pay some attention to that. I mostly empty 1st clip after a kill (means shooting a few bullets in the air) because you do not want your soldier fiddling with the bullets one at a time (this goes for some other guns and hand guns too).
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you have great accuracy and can deal with one-on-one fights in close range, pick the Autoloading 8 .35 or RSC 1917.

If you want a good long-range option, the Selbtslader 1906 and the Mondragon Sniper are your best bets.

If you want a BF3/4 style weapon that is good for anything, pick the Fedorov Avtomat Trench - be amazed at the fact that we have a literal assault rifle in WW1.

If you want a decent all-rounder, the Farquhar-Hill is available.

If you want to kill entire unaware or below-average squads, the Selbstlader 1916 has a very convenient 26 round detachable magazine that is suited to this role.
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, I play medic mostly.

Normally, Mondragon STRM/OPTC/SNIPER depending of the fight distance. Consistent 3 hits kill at any range and once you get used to the reload 5 bullets mechanics its a breeze. 1906 is a laser beam with high rpm and fast bullets. Can't stand the FH feel/sights.

A P08/1911 as sidearm is great.

For close range, Cei Rigotti Trench. Put in automatic and learn how to double tap, hip-fire and the reload 5 mechanics. If needed bring it to ads and single fire and you have the mid distance covered. Pair it with the auto revolver or the trenchpistol. The RSC factory is fun and sounds like the death is coming, but you have to aim good and time your shots.

• disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I should say medic is the one class where I often change my primary depending on the map (which dictates the kind of engagements you'll mostly see). Other classes I have a favourite that suits my playstyle and works mostly anywhere.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You got a lot of tips here.

I can say though that if you are anything like me the gun almost does not matter.

I follow a strict pattern where I choose gun from top to bottom and do a service star (100 kills) then next gun in the list and so on. I break this pattern only for medals and assignments. I do somewhat adjust my play style to the guns but not very much if we by play style mean how one flanks or generally position on the battlefield. I play mid to close range with all weapons and only do longer range shooting occasionally if I have a weapon that can do it.

This way of playing is in no way optimal but if I look at the stats after more than 1000 hours of play I can notice that generally the gun matters quite little. With exemption of a few odd-balls performance is very similar with any gun for me.
  • mad3hojo
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've yet to see any medic run the RSC, ever. I'm actually not sure i've ever been killed by it (PS4). If you want awesome medic weapons the FH storm/optical is very good, and the Federov atomatav has gotten much better with the new TTK.

To be honest though with Battlefield it's sometimes all about how much the server/players are lagging. Sometimes I'm money with the FH, but if the server is lagging then the Federov is the better choice for me. Then you've got players who swear by weapons like the RSC but every time I use that gun I can't get a hit marker to save my life (literally). Pretty much seems to work that way with any class, just keep testing the weapons out till you find the right one for your ping/server ping/players ping.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anything with a high ROF and big ammo clip is all u need now with the new TTK
  • ScoutHunterKing
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mad3hojo wrote: »
    I've yet to see any medic run the RSC, ever. I'm actually not sure i've ever been killed by it (PS4). If you want awesome medic weapons the FH storm/optical is very good, and the Federov atomatav has gotten much better with the new TTK.

To be honest though with Battlefield it's sometimes all about how much the server/players are lagging. Sometimes I'm money with the FH, but if the server is lagging then the Federov is the better choice for me. Then you've got players who swear by weapons like the RSC but every time I use that gun I can't get a hit marker to save my life (literally). Pretty much seems to work that way with any class, just keep testing the weapons out till you find the right one for your ping/server ping/players ping.

Yeah I haven't been killed by as many RSC as I thought I would the last couple of days given the hype around it... The Federov and FH have been amazing! Will give the RSC a go tomorrow, but you can't be as aggressive with that gun.
  • disposalist

Yeah I haven't been killed by as many RSC as I thought I would the last couple of days given the hype around it...
    That's because *all* the medics weapons get amped. Why would you change when your previously preferred weapon got the same buff they all did? Also people didn't suddenly become accurate enough to get the best from the RSC just because it statistically *can* give the best performance doesn't mean it will in anything more than a very few people's hands.

It's the same as people expecting other SMGs to be used now they are 'balanced'. I doubt it. They are all made as good as the automatico, so why change the one you are used to? Now if they'd *nerfed* the automatico and hellrigel, people might have been tempted to change, but they just made everything godly, which will change nothing for people already used to automatico and hellriegel.
  • ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cei-Rigotti!
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sweeper would be a good choice for a beginner, Mondragon Storm is also a really good choice if you want to be more versitaile.
  • xFEARtheSHIELDx
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cabezudi wrote: »
    Cheers mate @disposalist at this time i consider myself average but because of the time i spend playing i will be better, i like to play at a medium Range and like to hunt rivals as well

Since you like to play at midrange, I'd say Cei-Rigotti Factory (don't forget it's full auto), RSC, or Federov Optical if you need a bigger mag.
  • disposalist
    cabezudi wrote: »
    Since you like to play at midrange, I'd say Cei-Rigotti Factory (don't forget it's full auto), RSC, or Federov Optical if you need a bigger mag.
    I may try the Cei again. I used to pick it up as an good all-rounder. I probably prefer it to the Avtomat.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018

I’m on ps4. I’ve been running the RSC since the TTK update. If you can aim, it is a downright god tier weapon at anything up to 72m. Even in CQB I’m dropping assult players two and three at time. I’ve already recived hatemail accusing me of cheating from assult players that I’m taking down constantly at close range.
  • Soulbreeze
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Auto 8 .25 and C-Rigatoni Factory. RSC if I'm on 200% damage servers. The Cei is a good all arounder you just to learn it's reload. Holds 10. Reloads 5 round clips if at 5 or 0. Otherwise you single load each bullet until you hit 5 (then loads a clip) or 10 again.