Your favourite LMG...

Comments

• magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No love for the Benet Mercie?

I did 498 kills for the codex these days. It'a pretty good a balanced lmg. Now i'm using the madsen and i cannot see anything! That magazine in the way....
    Bar was my go to,but then came chauchat which is fun, perino that is fun,browning that is super fun.
    That's why my gun with most stars only has 55.
    The only lmg i can't enjoy is the hout.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Feels like the Huot does double damage now, its an absolute HOOVER at close range, will get those 300 kills in no time.
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Used to be the Madsen Storm, but now my favourite is the Chauchat.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Mine used to be the BAR Telescopic, much more versatile than the BAR Storm.

However, it has now been reduced to a piece of junk after this latest weapon patch. I knew Dice messed with it, as when I started my first game with it, it had the default skin, instead of my gold skin, and the magnification was set to X4, instead of my X2.5
    Well, the recoil is horrible and slow time to ADS has rendered it completely useless. You suck Dice.

Defaulting to 4x messed with my head lol. Yeah the gun is trash CQC now unfortunately thanks to the scope delay. No clue why they nerfed it, by all accounts it was a relatively underused gun already thanks to the recoil. Now there's zero reason to use it over the Storm.

I would suggest to use the BAR Trench now, as the time to ADS with the BAR Storm is so slow, you'll be already dead when you get your aim sorted.

The BAR Telescopic is now dead..... R.I.P my fav BF1 LMG.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mine used to be the BAR Telescopic, much more versatile than the BAR Storm.

However, it has now been reduced to a piece of junk after this latest weapon patch. I knew Dice messed with it, as when I started my first game with it, it had the default skin, instead of my gold skin, and the magnification was set to X4, instead of my X2.5
    Well, the recoil is horrible and slow time to ADS has rendered it completely useless. You suck Dice.

Defaulting to 4x messed with my head lol. Yeah the gun is trash CQC now unfortunately thanks to the scope delay. No clue why they nerfed it, by all accounts it was a relatively underused gun already thanks to the recoil. Now there's zero reason to use it over the Storm.

I would suggest to use the BAR Trench now, as the time to ADS with the BAR Storm is so slow, you'll be already dead when you get your aim sorted.

Yup, the BAR Telescopic is now dead..... R.I.P my fav LMG.

Oh, they made the zoom-in time worse on the Storm too? Lol damn it DICE. That one I can understand at least, it was the most used LMG I think.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Masden low weight is my goto! I haven’t tested it as of the new update so.....

But previous experience is that it’s more of a mobile assault lmg per say. Set up fire then move. O my a 30 round mag with high fire rate so good all arounder. Just don’t expect to win any snipy battles with it. It can win ya some closer range battles but with its high fire power even the low weight variant kicks like a mule on crack.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Madsen is crap. That big-¯\_(ツ)_/¯ magazine blocks way too much of your view & I didn't find it to be deadly accurate.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am curious what the Huot optical might be like now.
  • KingRofty
    I was so pumped when I finally unlocked the Huot Optical, just to discover that its recoil was much worse than the Low Weight version.

Reckon it will now be even worse......
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    The Madsen is crap. That big-**** magazine blocks way too much of your view & I didn't find it to be deadly accurate.
    No you get used to it your shooting in front of you not to your right. You can see straight down the barrel.

If you wanna see to your right any how your best stop looking down wind and turn your head. Environmental awareness is a beautiful things I’m still entirely learning.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was so pumped when I finally unlocked the Huot Optical, just to discover that its recoil was much worse than the Low Weight version.

The patch notes are pretty light, they don't really mention any changes for the "Optical" category, but I would assume its probably the damage increase, with more recoil to compensate now?
  • KingRofty
    Gforce81 wrote: »

The patch notes are pretty light, they don't really mention any changes for the "Optical" category, but I would assume its probably the damage increase, with more recoil to compensate now?

Correct.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Madsen Low Weight. Not tried it yet in the latest patch. Lewis gun is still the same, maybe slightly better. Parabellum seems broke these days tho. At least the bipod got nerfed so no more ranged Automatico.
    Fantastic nerf to the bipod, doesn't seem any different :tongue:
    I heard horizontal recoil whilst bipodded takes the gun all over the place.
    Not that I noticed.
    It's not like night and day and it's not on all LMGs but it will effect counter sniping and, so encourage them snipers even more. Yay.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My favourite is still the Chauchat Low Weight. Sure, it has a terrible fire rate, small magazine and it has somewhat more recoil now, but it still has that three-bullets-to-kill feel to it that I can't find on any other LMG. It has a lovely firing sound too, and it looks quite beautiful with the Le Flambeau skin.

I used to be quite a fan of the Parabellum Suppressive and Huot Optical, but I've retired both of those weapons for good. The Browning M1917 is also performing nowhere near as good as it used to, so I'm probably going to replace that with the Perino Low Weight on a permanent basis. The recoil on the Browning is not worth the 250 rounds you get with it.

The Lewis Gun is as decent as ever; I never had any issues with it, unlike most people here, and the patch seems to have left it at about the same level of performance. The Madsen Trench is as good as ever, but it still has that bloody magazine on top that blocks most of your view. I'm going to see if the Benet-Mercie is any good now, as my main complaint with it was its very low damage. I still need to try the MG15 out as well.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The recoil on the Browning is not worth the 250 rounds you get with it.
    Doh! I just got the Escalation Easter Egg skin though! Gotta keep using it!
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use the mg15 low weight, or at least I did before TTK changes
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Does that skin have a 'rarity' assigned to it, or is it like the PTFO skins that don't show up in the killcard?
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chauchat Low Weight - Hits like a train and sounds like death
    Huot Low Weight - I like how it handles.

For range BM TELE with 2.5x.
  • disposalist
    edited February 2018
    Does that skin have a 'rarity' assigned to it, or is it like the PTFO skins that don't show up in the killcard?
    They don't? Well that would suck. Never could there be a more truly pointless skin than one that your foes don't even see.

EDIT: Just tried it - the enemy told me you couldn't see it. Well that kinda makes it really not as cool :(

EDIT2: Though Reddit from JJJU say it should be showing and PTFO ones will too in the next patch. More testing needed...
    Post edited by disposalist on
  • Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The ones that let me do 40+ damage to planes :D