North Sea Update – Weapon balance - Feedback and discussion

Comments

• FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    KrugHerder wrote: »
    Get the next game out soon or fix this mess before I do something unthinkable like actually considering CoD as an alternative.

Hahaha lol
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    I dont like new update... Why fixing weapons one year after game release date? I don't get it really...
  • KrugHerder
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Get the next game out soon or fix this mess before I do something unthinkable like actually considering CoD as an alternative.

Hahaha lol

I swear on my copy of BF 1942 I'll do it.
  • MISERY_INDEX76
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If players weren't rushing back to BF4 already they sure as hell are now, me included. The only thing I want to do in Battlefield games is play support and do my job well. That has been taken away from me. Get the next game out soon or fix this mess before I do something unthinkable like actually considering CoD as an alternative.
    I am even more mad this is the reason I feel compelled to start posting on the forums. What the hell, DICE. What the hell.

This is the same reason I started posting. Never had an issue w/ weapons balance or the game in general. Only issue was the occasional blatant cheater (been more frequent last couple of days) and some of the glitches. But as long as the cheaters were on and ruining the game for everyone (inc. team they were on) that's the only time I got irritated. Never rage quit on my worst day, but these last two days have come close.
  • FrozenCamel
    edited February 2018
    I'm thinking going back to Medal of Honor 2010.. This game Battlefield 1 have lots of problems to be fixed but instead this dev team chooses to fix something that not need to be fixed at all... Are you guys on something? Please roll back this update we don't want it..
  • biz4R
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    hei there,

short explanation what and how i play (to have better idea what im talkin about)

i play on pc (200fps, 144hz, perfectly smooth) almost always operations as aggressive recon and also 95% of the time the mk3 with mars 2nd (about 20000 kills on that setup), though i have played pretty much every setup to a few hundred or sometimes 1000 kills (on infantry).

my thoughts on the so called ttk 2.0? i completely dont understand why it was added and what was the thought process behind it, i surely dont. not only does a few of these changes have made some weapons ludicrously overpowered

(the rsc, i was literally laughing when testing it out for the first time. has there ever been a weapon in the bf franchise history, that was semi-automatic/multibullet-mag gun with a 2 hit kill on almost every possible distance? if you re-reload you got 6 bullets that could kill 3 ppl in a matter of seconds. i was able to do that twice without having alot of practice on that gun. [has anyone tested this "balance" patch? and again the question, do dice employes play the game themselves?])

but it also feels weird alot of the times, like being laggy, being off point. did they also change the way hitreg works, or network delay? cause i see alot more ppl "morphing" (and i play on a stable 100mbit 15ms). and this weird lag does not lead to less hits, but more. alot of the shots where i thought; oh they off, they somehow did hit. and i have the feeling, that alot more ppl just hit alot more shots, but not only because the weapons are stronger (less spread), but somehow the bullets seem guided. esp with snipers after a long time you just knew, how much you had to lead the shot, when people where moving. now, i dont need to lead shots alot of the time. even if aiming behind the targets on 70+yd some of the shots did hit o_O (and the netcode and hitreg, the general feeling of weapon control so far has been really outstanding in bf1. it seems to have been flushed down the toilet now.)

back to the start. i still can play aggressive recon, headshots still kill, bodyshot and one mars also still works. though it became alot more challenging to compete with rsc or assaults, support are even more freebees now. when i got killed, i had the feeling the person who killed me didnt even believ he had already killed me. (you know the feeling when you watch in deathcam and the other guy looks bewildered, what just happened?)

question remains, what were the reasons for this patch and what was the goal? make weapons stronger that are already strong, remove mobility and movement options to dodge shots and get out of combat, strange hitreg and weapon feeling. what do you get? more randomness, less control. its (careful, joke) rolling the dice, kill or get killed, its 50/50 (if you know what 50/50 means [watch war dogs ^^])

in the current state bf1 has changed from a really awesome game to a still good game with clunky feeling to it.

sad story
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1902 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'm not too thrilled about it. Playing in close quarters just feels less satisfying as a Medic because of how fast everything melts you. And Support feels really, really strange - which is weird because this patch was purported to make Support a more viable class, but I've seen many claim the changes are more of an indirect nerf.

Now Assault, the most played class since launch, is seeing even more use and some smgs kill lightening fast. I had a friend playing with me on TDM who was laughing out loud as he ran around and repeatedly took down groups of 3-4 players with the Hellriegel.

I understand that some weapons in the support class and maybe like the mp18 needed some buffs - but I don't believe the game needed a universal TTK shift. People claim it was to further define "class roles", but last night I was outgunning people from point blank to long range with just the RSC.

I don't see any legitimate reason as to why this change was needed at all.

The real funny thing is there were certain people who claimed these changes would objectively make the game better and would be accepted by most players - but the overall vocal concensus seems to point to dislike for the changes.

I agree with this these sentiments. I no way was a broad shift such as this necessary, smaller adjustments would have been more appropriate. I'm saying this while still enjoying the game play after the patch, it not like I'm having difficulties adjusting, especially considering extended CTE exposure. So for me personally it does not matter if the changes are reverted, doubled down on or further adjusted, but I feel that the significant effort has been misplaced.
    Particularly I think the changes to support were unsuccessful. It has never been my favourite class, but playing it aggressively was more than feasible. Now in my opinion it is worse off in that regard.
    The medic buffs are nice, but they feel more forced than considered; as in something had to be done to placate the other changes, and this was the only thing available.
    Assault buffs, particularly the Hellriegel, feel so strong as to tilt class balance in small game modes to too large a degree. It's not like they were struggling before.
    Shotgun consistency improvements are definitely a positive addition.
    Oh well, off to exploit the new best things, but it still does not feel like an overall improvement to the game.
  • jrmpt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How much reasonable is to think that DICE will revert the TKK if the feedback is negative?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jrmpt wrote: »
    How much reasonable is to think that DICE will revert the TKK if the feedback is negative?

If the outcry is loud enough there is a chance that Dice LA will at least bring some fixes to the abomination they've produced. But I doubt we wll see the return of old ttk.
  • bran1986
    5307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not too thrilled about it. Playing in close quarters just feels less satisfying as a Medic because of how fast everything melts you. And Support feels really, really strange - which is weird because this patch was purported to make Support a more viable class, but I've seen many claim the changes are more of an indirect nerf.

Now Assault, the most played class since launch, is seeing even more use and some smgs kill lightening fast. I had a friend playing with me on TDM who was laughing out loud as he ran around and repeatedly took down groups of 3-4 players with the Hellriegel.

I understand that some weapons in the support class and maybe like the mp18 needed some buffs - but I don't believe the game needed a universal TTK shift. People claim it was to further define "class roles", but last night I was outgunning people from point blank to long range with just the RSC.

The real funny thing is there were certain people who claimed these changes would objectively make the game better and would be accepted by most players - but the overall vocal concensus seems to point to dislike for the changes.

I agree with this these sentiments. I no way was a broad shift such as this necessary, smaller adjustments would have been more appropriate. I'm saying this while still enjoying the game play after the patch, it not like I'm having difficulties adjusting, especially considering extended CTE exposure. So for me personally it does not matter if the changes are reverted, doubled down on or further adjusted, but I feel that the significant effort has been misplaced.
    Particularly I think the changes to support were unsuccessful. It has never been my favourite class, but playing it aggressively was more than feasible. Now in my opinion it is worse off in that regard.
    The medic buffs are nice, but they feel more forced than considered; as in something had to be done to placate the other changes, and this was the only thing available.
    Assault buffs, particularly the Hellriegel, feel so strong as to tilt class balance in small game modes to too large a degree. It's not like they were struggling before.
    Oh well, off to exploit the new best things, but it still does not feel like an overall improvement to the game.

You explained exactly how I feel about this change. I definitely agree with your view on medic buffs. The problem was medics were supposed to get a rate of fire buff, but because the way the SLRs audio is recorded, they couldn't do it DICE said. I think not being able to do the rate of fire buff then trickled down to supports getting a cqb nerf. If support weapons stayed the same, medics wouldn't have a chance in hell in cqb against them. I think the ADS nerf was DICE's way of artificially balancing medics and supports in cqb against one another, which in term gives another major boost to assaults(which didn't need it).
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1902 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

You explained exactly how I feel about this change. I definitely agree with your view on medic buffs. The problem was medics were supposed to get a rate of fire buff, but because the way the SLRs audio is recorded, they couldn't do it DICE said. I think not being able to do the rate of fire buff then trickled down to supports getting a cqb nerf. If support weapons stayed the same, medics wouldn't have a chance in hell in cqb against them. I think the ADS nerf was DICE's way of artificially balancing medics and supports in cqb against one another, which in term gives another major boost to assaults(which didn't need it).

Yep. The logic proponents use to justify the rebalancing sounds believable and on paper everything should be in order, but the actual gun play exhibits consequences that feel uncalled for. Especially when you consider that the stated prime motivator of wider weapon variance is no where to be seen. And overall skilled players were already able to dominate, now the focus on aiming has just shifted from tracking to twitch aim. Also, I don't buy into the theory that zergs are mostly an artifact of (relatively) high TTK, and don't believe they will disappear from the maps they are most prominent on.
    As stated, my gaming experience continues to be enjoyable, but I find it easy to sympathize with the average, less invested player who will surely struggle with even more random feeling deaths.
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Overall I don't love or hate this TTK 2.0, but playing the objective is undeniably very hard useless your an assault player, however some changes would help this out.
    1. Make shotguns a universal weapon so every class has a close range option for being on the objective
    2. Make medic rifles capable of 2 shot kills within 10m or so
    3. Nerf the recoil further on SMG'S so that poor aim is still punished (I'm looking at you hellriegel)
    4. Reduce the aim down sight penalty on LMG'S a bit

I think if some of these were implemented (but not all) it would allow every player regardless of class to be valuable as a team player.
    But that's just my 2 cents.
  • Narcizeus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't have enough experience to talk about TTK right now... BUT after the patch the old clunkiness came back both in the menus and in game menus stutter, the server browser acts ****.... And i really can't believe that that medic revive bugs are still here.. i used plural cause one kind of revive results as having spastic movement and the other one results in lose of mouse control (can't move ur mouse(weapon) below ur belly margin) after 1.5 year.. bravo...

So the overall game experience fall down.. And the sad thing is it was perfect with the last patch and I was like " wow finally the game became playable" ... and it only lasted 1 month.. thanks for nothing..
  • qazitam67
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When such changes occur, playing the way you did before the patch will lead to a lot of lost gun fights. This is what is happening and why people are so negative about the patch. Humans are the dominant species on this planet because of our ability to adapt to changes so now that the game has changed, you need to adapt rather than keep trying your old tricks. The key to this game is proper use of cover. If you stand in the open someone is going to melt your face. Most players do not seem to understand this. LMG's and rifles up close vs SMG's=your face getting melted, SMGs vs Rifles, LMG's at long range = your face getting melted, etc. If your assault you have to use cover to get up close. Kinda like in real life I think. The game is a changing my friends, adapt or die and taste my nuts!!!
  • bran1986
    5307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    qazitam67 wrote: »
    When such changes occur, playing the way you did before the patch will lead to a lot of lost gun fights. This is what is happening and why people are so negative about the patch. Humans are the dominant species on this planet because of our ability to adapt to changes so now that the game has changed, you need to adapt rather than keep trying your old tricks. The key to this game is proper use of cover. If you stand in the open someone is going to melt your face. Most players do not seem to understand this. LMG's and rifles up close vs SMG's=your face getting melted, SMGs vs Rifles, LMG's at long range = your face getting melted, etc. If your assault you have to use cover to get up close. Kinda like in real life I think. The game is a changing my friends, adapt or die and taste my nuts!!!

A lot of us have played with the ttk change for 5 months and still dislike it, it has nothing to do with not wanting to adapt, which is funny that the people who whined for these changes couldn't and refused to adapt in the first place.