Having mega latency issues.

Ultra_Ninjaman00
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Okay, so my latency is spiking to unplayable levels this evening. Did something go wrong with the update and is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on PS4, aiming for US East servers, with an excellent innernets connection but my latency is hitting 7000+. Yes, 7000+. That wasn't a typo.

Comments

• TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ISP issues or cable issues?
  • Mojocarlos
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I saw 9690ms this morning 8am. au player on au conquest server with full green bars. High latency as soon as I joined. Immediately ran some tests using a tablet, internet was fast with excellent pings generally. So something was whacky along the route to EA. I didn't have the IP addresses at hand so couldn't do a trace route to look.
  • Ultra_Ninjaman00
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ISP issues or cable issues?

Nah, my end was clean.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like a routing issue if your hitting 7000ms. Are you in the US as well as playing on US servers?
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was a ea server update last night I think could be the problem
  • Bigalexblues
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ccheck if any of your devices isn't automatically uploading stuff to the Internet (Google Photos, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc). Had a fight for months with my ISP until discover my laptop syncing stuff.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bmatazz wrote: »
    There was a ea server update last night I think could be the problem

This could have been an issue....if you no longer have the issue.
    Ccheck if any of your devices isn't automatically uploading stuff to the Internet (Google Photos, Dropbox, Onedrive, etc). Had a fight for months with my ISP until discover my laptop syncing stuff.

It can most like be this though or a ISP issue.