Most hated thing in Battlefield 1?

Comments

• IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh god where to start...
    1) Players playing out of region, plus 100 odd ping who seem not to die at the regular speed and also there jolty movement. Plus i always seem to encounter them.
    2) Team Balance, i'm rank 130 but not a s*** Bucket 130 and always being against try hards or clan and platoons 130s
    3) Seemingly random bullets being blocked by a wall or any object such as a tree which you can't shoot through but an enemy can.
    4) Gas and Incendiary grenades. Takes health way, way to quickly.
    5) The Hellriegel, not necessarily the weapon just its way over use.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2) Team Balance, i'm rank 130 but not a s*** Bucket 130 and always being against try hards........

Help me understand that statement. Are you suggesting that people that want to do well and try there best are either "**** Buckets". Are people that try hard to do well and value challenge of doing well, somehow 'less cool'

I see this all the time - Its like an excuse for not being very good........

"Of course I COULD do better, I am really capable, but of course I don't' - ON PURPOSE.

I LIKE dying and finishing down the boards. I'm WAAAYYYYY too cool to actually come top of a leaderboard. BUT I could do it any time I wanted to."

Nothing to do with you, but I notice that most people that post in this way have a VERY small number of MVP's.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    2) Team Balance, i'm rank 130 but not a s*** Bucket 130 and always being against try hards........

Help me understand that statement. Are you suggesting that people that want to do well and try there best are either "**** Buckets". Are people that try hard to do well and value challenge of doing well, somehow 'less cool'

I see this all the time - Its like an excuse for not being very good........

"Of course I COULD do better, I am really capable, but of course I don't' - ON PURPOSE.

I LIKE dying and finishing down the boards. I'm WAAAYYYYY too cool to actually come top of a leaderboard. BUT I could do it any time I wanted to."

Nothing to do with you, but I notice that most people that post in this way have a VERY small number of MVP's.

I just don't find it fun playing against people who play in that fashion in almost every round and hardly on their team which just recently is most rounds, nothing against them personally i just don't put a great emphasis on getting to the top of the scoreboard, it is after all a video game. Maybe i'm not very good, in fact i know i'm probably pretty average but i'm ok with that.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody likes a sweaty try hard. Clean, dry and pleasant smelling try hards are much more preferable.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely campers. The extent of campers in shooters is amplified in BF because of how CQL is designed and how many players there are.

It's just guaranteed you'll run into assault or support players just sitting in corners when walking into a building. It doesn't help when objectives are filled with buildings and contesting enemies will sit in a room and turn their headphones all the way up.

Unfortunately the amount of Scouts shooting flares on objectives to root out campers is continually shrinking.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody likes a sweaty try hard. Clean, dry and pleasant smelling try hards are much more preferable.
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Definitely campers. The extent of campers in shooters is amplified in BF because of how CQL is designed and how many players there are.

It's just guaranteed you'll run into assault or support players just sitting in corners when walking into a building. It doesn't help when objectives are filled with buildings and contesting enemies will sit in a room and turn their headphones all the way up.

Unfortunately the amount of Scouts shooting flares on objectives to root out campers is continually shrinking.

You must be a sweaty try-hard. If you were cool, you wouldn't care. You would respect that the camper was just plain the game that he paid for in the way that he wants to, AND be happy that the designers changed the game to make that strategy a more productive pastime.

Ergo - Logic dictates that Loqtrall is a sweaty try-hard ;-)
  • TrueRedslayer
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »

You must be a sweaty try-hard. If you were cool, you wouldn't care. You would respect that the camper was just plain the game that he paid for in the way that he wants to, AND be happy that the designers changed the game to make that strategy a more productive pastime.

Ergo - Logic dictates that Loqtrall is a sweaty try-hard ;-)
    I disagree. Loqtrall smells like a breath of fresh air on a sunny day in spring.
  • DireNazgul
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spawn timer, die too quickly.
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    stirling84 wrote: »
    ahxe45 wrote: »
    ahxe45 wrote: »
    Oh yeah just thought of one more good one. When you want to sprint but have to keep pressing the joystick in every two seconds because you keep stopping.

Good one, tho', that might be due to your controller, i have 2 controllers myself, the old one does the same like you describe, the new one works perfectly fine. So, you might want to test this one out, maybe it helps, cheers.

I was thinking it may be the controller I just always forget about it until I play BF1 and I die because my player just stops mid sprint. I will probably just buy a new one and see if it helps.

Mines is the same. Aint too bad on battlefield 1 but Titanfall 2 is annoying as hell. I took mine apart like the video and applied a little wd40 under the l3 button. It worked but only for an hour before it came back, though not as bad. Apparently it's a fairly common issue with ps4 controllers. It's just a thought but could save you some pennies if it works.

Back on topic though. I hate the hellriegel. Squad mates spawning on me when I'm being patient and sneaky waiting for the 8 enemies and their tanks in front of us to move to the next objective, but he then decides he is john rambo with his hellriegell and immediately opens fire killing us both and wasting my elaborate flank route. Teammates firing a full clip into you before realising you are not the enemy, well this one kind of makes me laugh. Being the passenger in a car or motorcycle that is all over the place so decide to get out as running to the objective would be quicker, but nope as soon as you exit this guys driving skills seem to kick in.

You know whats crazy? After the most recent update I have not had this happen once. So maybe it wasn't my controller all along. I always thought it was strange that this only happened on Battlefield.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Hate is a strong word.

There are a few things i don't like about the game.

BUT I hate everyone who posts on the forums.

https://giphy.com/media/ztujW64wsFzB6/giphy.gif
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • GVlXxf
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    noobs teammate and cheaters, no other things is hated other than these two things
  • fisknyllet17
    I hate trains irl. Currently on one running 2h late and it's not over yet. Fml
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game.
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really hate anything about the game. Of course, there are a few niggles, such as getting my foot caught on a twig and not being able to jump over it then getting shot for being a sitting target. But, on the whole, balance, gameplay, game modes all seem about right to me. I would like more players to be less like campers, particularly when they're on my side. If we're talking about SWBF2, then I'd have a whole lot more negative things to say. Now that game does have a lot wrong with it.
  • PackersDK
    696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At the moment, despite all other things, it’s hands down being put into games I didn’t ask for. And I’m not talking about losing games, but maps!

Considering the loading time in BF1, I don’t much appreciate choosing one map either because I feel like that map, or a medal or Operation Campaign, and then seeing another just load up while I sit there.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hate how I constantly have to reselect my tracked medals. It's pretty damn annoying.

Seriously, you guys can track the number of bullets I've fired, the number of headshots, the distance of my longest headshot, the amount of kills I have, the amount of kills I have with each weapon, and you can't track a single in game medal properly? lulz.
  • ElliotLH
    7795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Today it's a toss up between how badly I'm playing and having to go up against teams of 100+ pingers (every CQ game I've played today seemingly has been a majority of high pingers on both sides).
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TTK 2.0
  • duffym57
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Matchups and latency issues. My ping is never above 70 yet I'm perpetually dragged down by others lag and it's ridiculous. I go for a kill on a certain enemy and my latency spikes but as soon as I die it returns to normal. If my latency is too high I can't join a server so it baffles me how these people with 250+ ping are even able to join a game. I'll join an operation and one team has half a dozen more players than the other. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing a squad oriented game if the server is going to lag every time I get near another player. Updates have only made these issues worse and I honestly wish I could get my money back, I haven't played a game without serious lag issues in over two weeks and I know for a fact that it's not my connection. Step it up Dice, I'm about to switch back to CoD, at least they punish the cheaters and boot super high latency players. Online gaming isn't enjoyable when every server has at least three people actively cheating regardless of the game mode. If you have to cheat to succeed why are you even playing?