The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• CW_Lightning
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I don't see it posted anywhere. Your escalation skin can be stolen.
    I Was in a server with my buddy. (He was the server owner).
    Was doing the ee, and letting him watch so he could do the same.
    While in the tower, he went up to the top. As I did all the switch operating (A-F top to bottom).
    After the last one as I reached the top floor, HE hit the final switch next to the light.
    BOOM
    Scary noise sounds on both screens. Screen goes foggy on both screens.
    I kill myself to check inventory.
    NOTHING
    He checks his inventory......
    HE HAS THE ESCALATION SKIN.
    The only part of the ee that he did was push the final button.

Did you leave the server and then have a look if you got it?
  • firechickenfan
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. Even restarted the game. It is STEALABLE.
    JUST BE CAREFUL.
    He restarted the server again for me so I could redo it.
    My wife did all of the Audacity stuff for me. She watched it happen, and was PISSED off.
  • Collision_TN
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @firechickenfan the light button at the very top stays active for about 30 seconds (not my confirmation).
    Upon the first interaction, it only stays interactable for 5 more seconds (confirmed by @MessyPizzaBoy, who worked with @jjju on this Easter egg) before getting disabled.
    In the meantime it is interactable, anyone can intereact with it.
    Those who have interacted with it will hear the click-confirmation sound, get a smoke grenade dropped right under them, and unlock the An Escalation skin for both M1917 MG weapons.
  • CW_Lightning
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is not cool at all then. Good on you that you still got it but that was a **** move on your friends part.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last easter egg is the same (the light one). I luckily went on to a server where one of the BFEE members was on, he literally did all the steps except for the final one and he got me the dog tag.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Forgive me if this is a little off-topic, but does anyone know if 'The Escalation' skin shows up in a killcard, or is it like the campaign skins?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Forgive me if this is a little off-topic, but does anyone know if 'The Escalation' skin shows up in a killcard, or is it like the campaign skins?

Something tells me it's the latter. But again I'm too lazy to do the research.
  • PhantomDJ
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I have seen it on an enemy killcard. So, yes, it does.
  • poropeukaloinen
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • MCFreakReturns
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Upon the first interaction, it only stays interactable for 5 more seconds (confirmed by MessyPizzaBoy, who worked with jjju on this Easter egg) before getting disabled.
    Discovered by me (mcfreakreturns) on day one ;) can i have a special prize? Haha
    It was nice to get instant confirmation from the devs when i got round to posting about it. Not all my theories are crazy. Just like the birds on brusilov lol
    Those who have interacted with it will hear the click-confirmation sound, get a smoke grenade dropped right under them, and unlock the An Escalation skin for both M1917 MG weapons.

On xbox atleast, when we did it , only the first person to click the button got the confirmation sound and activated the smoke. The others only heard the click of the button (tested with 5 people so far . On a rented server)

• NANACHl
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    freakyfoy wrote: »
    Upon the first interaction, it only stays interactable for 5 more seconds (confirmed by @MessyPizzaBoy, who worked with @jjju on this Easter egg) before getting disabled.
    Discovered by me on day one ;) can i have i special prize? Haha
    It was nice to get instant confirmation from the devs when i posted about it. Not all my theories are crazy lol

On xbox atleast, only the first person to click the button will get the confirmation sound and activate the smoke. The others only hear the click of the button

I wonder what puzzle to do if i wish to have invisible camo that some people use
    It sounds really cool to be invisible and just melee people

atm I'm invisible only to attractive women
  • MCFreakReturns
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haha i must be wearing camo that attracts the psychos. Lol
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    We found a new neebs Easter egg

no idea about the phantom program

Another one!
    Post edited by DANNYonPC on
  • Collision_TN
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With help from @peterthemaniac and Discord user Yuged#7655, Neebs Chasing Kitten Togo Easter egg has been finally solved!
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With help from @peterthemaniac and Discord user Yuged#7655, Neebs Chasing Kitten Togo Easter egg has been finally solved!

• Collision_TN
    New Easter eggs:

• dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are there any newer updates since the final dlc came out?
  • Collision_TN
    This is how we solved An Escalation and An Omen! :D
  • Collision_TN
    edited April 2018
    Hey everyone!

I'm planning to gather as many PC players as possible to attempt finding more behind a few Easter eggs by trying various and, hopefully, simple stuff.
    We'll be mainly hunting on public Turning Tides and Apocalypse servers, and we may switch to In the Name of the Tsar afterwards.

The event will take place this Friday at 5:00 PM CET. We'll meet at Game Detectives' Discord server.

If you'd like to help, join ARG Discussion 1 voice channel when the time comes as that's also where I'll be giving more details on what we'll be doing.
    It's important that you:
    • abide by the Discord server rules;
    • use #battlefield text channel for coordination;
    • listen to what I and any staff member say in the voice channel.

Please let your friends know if they want to participate in the hunt, as this increases our chance of having the needed number of players.

In case we don't gather enough players, I'll seek rescheduling the event based on your feedback.

Update 1: we didn't gather enough players this time. As there have been no time suggestions, I'll reschedule the event with a time of my choosing. Keep an eye on my profile for the next announcement!

Update 2: I have changed the event time from Wednesday at 1:00 PM CET to Thursday at 6:00 PM CET.

Update 3: as we didn't gather enough players either, I am changing the event time once again from Thursday at 6:00 PM CET to Friday at 5:00 PM CET.

Update 4: we're obviously either not reaching enough audience, or people are showing no interest. Regardless, I'll reschedule the event whenever I have time again to wait for new players, and that will be as long as there are no requests to have it anytime earlier.
    Post edited by Collision_TN on
  • Collision_TN