North Sea Update – Weapon balance - Feedback and discussion

Comments

• SmileAsTheyDie
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Support is EZ mode now at long range on the bipod. Every LMG is 5 hit kill at min damage (except the chauchat which is 4)

Which has lead to an LMG camper epidemic. I'm kinda hoping the telescopic variants would be changed to exhibit scope glint, since they are more frustrating that hill humping snipers. In the latter case you can usually serpentine your way into cover since most bolt action user's are not that good against moving targets, but the sustained fire of LMGs make this tactic significantly less successful with the new BTK at range.

Its only going to get more difficult in the near future with further nerfs to the slide which will make it even more difficult for you to make your way to cover if you find yourself out in the open.
  • ThePunisher_be
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    #RevertTTKpatch

Please, why fix what wasn't broken in the first place? The only thing you needed to patch, were specific weapons (e.g. damage buff Huot, recoil buff Ribeye,...).
  • Faltion
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Feels like DICE has been killing off my preferred playstyle: PTFO Scout for a while now but this was the nail in the coffin. Scouts seem completely obsolete with medics having such high accuracy and 2-hit kill potential at higher RPM. Also I've noticed a lot more medium to long range deaths to Assault and Support now. It's awful.
  • Narcizeus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After spending hours with the latest update now I can say that "TTK 2.0 nerfed the close range snipers with respect to the medic buff and support weapon mg 1917 laser rifle is way recoil is way too easy to handle even when u re standing... that is kinda easy mode with 250 bullets they have " other than that the game plays the same that is if u can call it the same depending on what class u play..

To keep it short non-scoped scouts (w infantry variants) became a bit obsolete while u can heal urself and do the same damage with medics..
  • digga11
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I may have found my issue on not getting any hit markers and not being able to kill anyone that I get the drop on. Playing Zeeb conquest, jumped on one of the cannons at flag A to shoot at the main ship area. I notice that whenever I took a shot it was hitting about 1.5 to 2 inches to the right of the cross hairs. Now, I don't know if that is also comes into effect while ADS w/ infantry weapons or just a glitch w/ those big land cannons. But, I definitely will be ADS at a static players back, pull the trigger, and nothing. I'm guessing they hear the whiz of the bullet going past them, turn around, melt me, then go about their business. But it seems there are/is some kind of issue. Has anyone else noticed this? If not, try out the land cannons on Zeeb. I'd like to know if it's just me and what can be done to possibly fix the issue. Have been wondering why I can't kill anyone since patch and may have found an issue.

I am dubious, but I have had the same issue. I am working on my 17th Lewis Gun star, I'm VERY used to how it handles and am fully accustomed to the changes they made to LMGs, but on Zeebrugge I couldn't BUY a kill with it.

It sounds like it's bunk, but I've been standing still, aimed in at people 15 meters away who are sitting still, not even looking at me and gotten 0 hitmarkers so I'm curious now. And it's not my internet, I play hardwired, 31ms latency with 65-100mbps speed.

Wonder if it’s because the new map servers are popular and are under stress so the hit detection goes downhill. Personally I find after a map release or a update it takes a dip.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Indeed, the Support class is much more suited to defending, or 'camping' now. I managed to get a 20 killstreak with the MG1917 Telescopic just by camping one door in Tsaritsyn, before my game crashed. I also managed a 26-4 TDM match on Empire's Edge, by camping one spot with that weapon.

If you used to run-and-gun with Support before this patch, your play style is now effectively dead in the water.
  • mdoca197
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    seriously... who the hell had this idea to make this ttk 2.0 patch? why average not professional players need to die so fast now? i just don't enjoy anymore playing this game. WHY ? WHY YOU DID THAT??
    turn it back! please! for the normalos out there who liked the ww1 shooter.
  • herodes87
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would really like to know If less players play the Game since the Patch.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ Exactly this.
  • RossP317
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ^^^ Exactly this.

+1

The only comment I'd challenge is that I've ditched BAR Storm for Huot as my Support weapon of choice due to it giving a greater chance to recover the recoil with the extra 10 rounds.
  • grrlpurple
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ Exactly this.

+2
  • NMW_VILE
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I left off with a 42 man platoon on bf4, I have a 4 man squad now in bf1. The constant changes being made in bf1 is killing the game for alot of people. Why can't this title and the future ones be like the good old days when skill, lethality, destruction, and killing creatively in over the top Rambo like ways was what it was all about. Now It's like every time there is a new update there is a new limitation to your kit. Nothing functions the same ever. Sometimes I feel like we are trying to be the best atheltes we can be. We play on the same fields everyday and practice our skills to get better, then comes our first ranked game and management decides to change the grass field out for an ice rink. There is no consistency with these titles anymore and I'm honestly getting tired of trying to keep up with it. It's almost like dice looks at us like we are some labrats and all these changes are for clinical studies.
  • VoidEye_rr
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Base **** happens more now. Been on both sides. Play time on maps are shorter. No time to look on the map design because of needing to look in every angel fast. I did adjust to the new ttk patch but found it to be not what i want in this game.
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hate the update too I'm back to my old kd tho as I'm getting used to it but, the mg15 is useless now since I can't hit anything with it. Only viable long range lmg is the browning
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm leaving this game too i won't play it anymore.. Uninstalling game tomorrow.. Don't care much anymore.. Tired of constant changes without valid reason..Better spend my time playing something else.. This game was nothing but trouble from start..

First late DLCs, no private servers, medal system totaly sucks, i dont even bother to see my dog tags that's how bad this tags are, maps are all kinda same and made mostly for sniping except only few,hackers everywhere have to quit game for almost two months do to heavy hacking in my region, team balance does not exist and its huge problem for long time now and looks like no one's even bothering to fix, most my Origin friends left this game already, i don't like any weapons skin so i end up collecting currency for nothing and don't even bother to open skin packs anymore..

All in all huge disappointment for me..I expected more from this game because i'm from country that started all this first world war in Sarajevo. Unfortunately this game was bad experience for me.. Last Battlefield that i have enjoyed was BF4.. Even that game was fix year later.. I don't know what else to say. For all of you who gonna still play this game i only wish great time.. I will be around this forum but for me Battlefield 1 game is over...

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm leaving this game too i won't play it anymore.. Uninstalling game tomorrow.. Don't care much anymore.. Tired of constant changes without valid reason..Better spend my time playing something else.. This game was nothing but trouble from start..

First late DLCs, no private servers, medal system totaly sucks, i dont even bother to see my dog tags that's how bad this tags are, maps are all kinda same and made mostly for sniping except only few,hackers everywhere have to quit game for almost two months do to heavy hacking in my region, team balance does not exist and its huge problem for long time now and looks like no one's even bothering to fix, most my Origin friends left this game already, i don't like any weapons skin so i end up collecting currency for nothing and don't even bother to open skin packs anymore..

All in all huge disappointment for me..I expected more from this game because i'm from country that started all this first world war in Sarajevo. Unfortunately this game was bad experience for me.. Last Battlefield that i have enjoyed was BF4.. Even that game was fix year later.. I don't know what else to say. For all of you who gonna still play this game i only wish great time.. I will be around this forum but for me Battlefield 1 game is over...

Good riddance.

Most people who say things like this usually don't stop playing and stick around this forum claiming how crap the game is and how they're gonna stop playing it despite sinking more and more hours into it.

I don't understand why it took you over a year to decide you didn't like this game and should stop playing it, when you've obviously had issues with it since day 1.

What's really funny is you insisting bf4 was fixed after release when it still has a ton of bugs and issues. There's still complaints about bf4 made on these forums. Bugs and issues exist in games (or nearly every form of software in existence), it's impossible to make one without them present - people should get used to that instead of insisting developers magically make perfect running games when they, themselves, couldn't do a better job if they tried.

I understand some people are up in arms against these ttk changes, and that the game does have its issues - but those people are being forgetting and naive as hell if they don't realize that every BF game in existence had its issues. Those rose tinted nostalgia glasses have a profound effect on how people view those older games.

No dev is perfect, so I don't know why people expect DICE to be. All games, even those on a smaller scale than BF, have issues - so I don't know why people expect BF games to be flawless when there's more going on in a single game of Conquest than there is going on in a single match of Cod, Overwatch, Rainbow 6, CS:GO, and Halo 5 combined.
  • FrozenCamel
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Good riddance.

Most people who say things like this usually don't stop playing and stick around this forum claiming how crap the game is and how they're gonna stop playing it despite sinking more and more hours into it.

I don't understand why it took you over a year to decide you didn't like this game and should stop playing it, when you've obviously had issues with it since day 1.

What's really funny is you insisting bf4 was fixed after release when it still has a ton of bugs and issues. There's still complaints about bf4 made on these forums. Bugs and issues exist in games (or nearly every form of software in existence), it's impossible to make one without them present - people should get used to that instead of insisting developers magically make perfect running games when they, themselves, couldn't do a better job if they tried.

I understand some people are up in arms against these ttk changes, and that the game does have its issues - but those people are being forgetting and naive as hell if they don't realize that every BF game in existence had its issues. Those rose tinted nostalgia glasses have a profound effect on how people view those older games.

No dev is perfect, so I don't know why people expect DICE to be. All games, even those on a smaller scale than BF, have issues - so I don't know why people expect BF games to be flawless when there's more going on in a single game of Conquest than there is going on in a single match of Cod, Overwatch, Rainbow 6, CS:GO, and Halo 5 combined.

Yap i quit and i'm glad i did.. Been playing game for long time lots of hours sank in but honestly never liked how game plays.. Some of my reasons you read above..No reason for you to get mad.. Plenty of players still playing this game so enjoy while you can..
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To the PO'd aggressive Scout players...

M1903X got a buff.
    1895 Trench got a buff.
    Vetterli still kicks butt.
    Arisaka still kicks butt.

The damage buffs have made automatic weapons noticeably easier to use, but not to the point of butchering balance. I feel like most of the unhappy "aggressive snipers" are the ones who just pop flares and wait in corners to shoot at point-blank range. That's not how your rifle is supposed to work, boi.