Sliding round corners is essential?

Head3masher
1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
It seems sliding round corners is now the big thing in regards to gameplay, do you think it is overpowered?

Comments

• GRIZZ11283
    4836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This has been happening since release.
    Not sure why it was even added.
  • Ploodovic
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, it’s not essential or overpowered, and it’s not new. I haven’t noticed any increase in this method either. To my knowledge, a change to the sliding was in the CTE recently, but I don’t consider it to be a problem, so I’m not sure what that will change. Just shoot them.

I use sliding in a defensive manner, to get into cover, or to try to retreat from a gunfight.
  • Head3masher
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Seems to me in smaller game modes now, when someone comes round the corner its always a slide these days.. maybe its just the high ranking players I get lumped with now.

• WetFishDB
    1538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll be honest, I use it - both attacking and defending. When attacking, mostly when going into a room where I suspect an enemy is corner camping. So going around the corner aggressively, quickly, and at a height they are not expecting can be an advantage. It's saved me getting a shotgun blast to the face a few times.

Personally I don't find it OP or new. Essential, probably not - but I'd rather it remained in the game.

Short of throwing a grenade into a corner camper, I'm not sure what other options there are to play aggressively on an indoor enclosed area (like FDV) when someone is behind the door other than sliding in - especially when playing as a medic :/
  • HuwJarz
    3469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I use it - both attacking and defending. When attacking, mostly when going into a room where I suspect an enemy is corner camping. So going around the corner aggressively, quickly, and at a height they are not expecting can be an advantage. It's saved me getting a shotgun blast to the face a few times.

Personally I don't find it OP or new. Essential, probably not - but I'd rather it remained in the game.

Short of throwing a grenade into a corner camper, I'm not sure what other options there are to play aggressively on an indoor enclosed area (like FDV) when someone is behind the door other than sliding in - especially when playing as a medic :/

Cheat ;-)
  • Claypole1
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Was sliding round corners an actual thing in WW1?
  • obisearch
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly there is very few times a slide corner has caught me of guard, it should be ingrained that any corner hosts a try hard waiting for there montage play, if you have that philosophy a sliding player is just another run gunner.
    Funny thing is that if I'm with my ribeyrolles I aim for the balls anyway because of the recoil. A slider just gets wrecked with headshots for that epic fail moment.

I do slide like a mad man, but like most on a defensive. If someone is round a corner I normally like the grenade flush option....
  • IG-Calibre
    938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    in all honesty is this something that has been nicked from some EA baseball game that used the frostbite engine or something? it's a silly mechanic that appeared for no good reason at all out of nowhere, or so it seems to me anyways.
  • kreepypriest
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if person thinks knee sliding is a thing..go play battle front 2 and see the combat roll in effect..while they get a brief moment of invincibility
  • Hawxxeye
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It seems to be the thing that the l33t assaults like to do, sprint to sliding crouch at a corner
  • mrtwotimes
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah I don't care, just blast them the same as any others. It does seem odd that soldiers would be sliding like that, I would have expected more of a roll out of the way or something.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is it overpowered? No. If you removed sliding, the smarter players would just revert to jumping around corners instead.
  • Imabaka70
    2132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Roy57on wrote: »
    Is it overpowered? No. If you removed sliding, the smarter players would just revert to jumping around corners instead.

Can you turn while jumping in bf1 I haven't actually tested it jumping thru the door way and not being able to turn sounds like a great way to get shot lmao
  • Kroetenlikoer
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so basically whenever someones moves faster than the other complaining can aim,
    its worth taking out of the game or slowing down by such a margin that it befits the later?

let's just put chains around each others feet 3 meters apart and make a shotgun only mode....

strafing nerfed, camping rewarded, ttk down and sliding soon to be crippled, why not go for a simulator in the first place.
    realism is the death of skill imho, for when the game dictates your limits rather than your personal abilities, nothings left to set yourself apart from the masses.

guess i'm just the old minority keeping fast paced games dear in their hearts where most just quit in disbelief and let the rest go on making an art form traversing the arenas in such style newcomers wouldn't deem possible.

rather get my butt handed to me by some masterful player than being slowed down so the faceless masses get a false sense of "skill"

rant over :)
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Roy57on wrote: »

Can you turn while jumping in bf1 I haven't actually tested it jumping thru the door way and not being able to turn sounds like a great way to get shot lmao

You can do a full 360 with a single bunny hop if your sensitivity is high enough.

Sometimes I like to play Battlefield parkour edition and just do 360 off rooftops while my team complains about something called objectives.
  • FocalCapybara34
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not OP , I laugh my head off when some clown comes sliding in a room facing the wrong way and gets slaughtered.
    I kill more sliders than have been killed by
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've played a ton of TDM and it's not really that bad of a mechanic.

I don't even believe I can reference a single time someone slid around a corner on me. 99% of the people I see sliding are doing it to avoid shots or get behind cover before dying.

I don't understand how a movement option can be overpowered just because it's function works.

That's about as logical as saying that being able to go prone is overpowered because it makes people harder to see.
  • NANACHl
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you slide with high enought ping,your hitbox gets warped so you do not take any dmg,there is no other reason to slide,rarely anyone aims for head,so sliding will make headshot even more likely
  • SirTerrible
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sure helps to counter corner proners.

Fklivo5.gif

If the CTE changes make their way to retail then we can kiss the slide goodbye. Campers everywhere will rejoice.