Biggest skill ceiling playstyle.... Is with assualt.

obisearch
682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm pretty sure the titled has triggered some already but I stand by it.

The hardest play style in the game imo is NOT the aggro sniping, although it comes really close.
This a playstyle that requires far more concentration, and skill to pull of, however pulling it f is probably the most rewarding....
And that is m1900 slug sniping... It is the definition of a skill cannon. It instantly kills cqc, if your accurate it will almost always 2 hit kill lightning fast. You can fire both barrels for instance kill up to 50m. You can snipe with this gun up to 60m effectively. So it has raw ttk + range to kill med range.
However it is the most unforgiving gun on the planet. Miss in cqc you die, ads is far more inconsistent than hip fire at range. I find better success hip fire sniping, which in honesty is the v hard, had some pretty hilarious clips hip firing headshots 40m away. It's a slug so you have to be dead on, and it doesn't move as fast as bullets
Pair this with obrez and you have imo the skill cap for gamers. I have to be absolutely on zone to try this out.
Ironic how the same class has both the easiest and hardest playstyle in the game.

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    884 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I take out the M1900 Slug every once in a while, and it is a blast when things are working for you (Obrez always). Forearm multipliers are a pain, but fast fire rate can make up for it if you are not exposed against multiple opponents.
  • wiazabi
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So what you are saying is using a weapon that is unforgiving requires more skill ? Well you are not wrong just that click bait title.
  • Hawxxeye
    1119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Actually now that you brought it up.
    Why can't scouts be allowed to have slug shotguns?
  • obisearch
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ruedriguez wrote: »
    So what you are saying is using a weapon that is unforgiving requires more skill ? Well you are not wrong just that click bait title.

Not really click bait, more of a trigger bait....
    V2Face wrote: »
    Clickbait title is clickbait. You could have gotten a better response without it. M1900 slug sniping is definitely fun and I would only run this shotgun when I’m in a trolling mood or having to do a shotgun challenge because of the inconsistencies of the pellets. Sometimes it’s laser accurate 1hk other times it’s miss or hit marker city.

I recommend hip sniping. Iron sights snipping is incredibly frustrating and not working.
  • mad3hojo
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I prefer the regular 1900, buckshot just feels right, and it kills just fine at 50m or further

Also the hardest play style would have to be the automatico/machinepistol from 100m or further. Now that's sniping
  • CS-2107
    1079 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I did the 300 shotgun kills for the Coupe Coupe with the M1900 Slug. I could've gotten it faster with the Model A Hunter, but it was way more fun to do it that way.
  • Contra87
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    obisearch wrote: »

Clickbait title is clickbait. You could have gotten a better response without it. M1900 slug sniping is definitely fun and I would only run this shotgun when I’m in a trolling mood or having to do a shotgun challenge because of the inconsistencies of the pellets. Sometimes it’s laser accurate 1hk other times it’s miss or hit marker city.

I recommend hip sniping. Iron sights snipping is incredibly frustrating and not working.

Let me give you a HUGE tip for the slug M1900:

Take off those awful irons and never look back. Put the "Shotgun Rib" on instead. It raises the sight up much more, and to a finer point than the irons. It really helped out my ADS game with the M1900 Slug

I second this.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Sixclicks
    2785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mad3hojo wrote: »
    I prefer the regular 1900, buckshot just feels right, and it kills just fine at 50m or further

Also the hardest play style would have to be the automatico/machinepistol from 100m or further. Now that's sniping

Try the Kolibri from that range instead.
  • obisearch

Holy 100* crap batman. I am impressed
  • SirTerrible
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I haven't used it so I can't comment on it personally but if the gun is as inconsistent as people say then it doesn't really have that high of a skill ceiling, it's just more of a "hard to use" gun than anything. Hard to use does not = skill cannon unless it scales well to user skill. Like I said though, I haven't used it. Maybe it can be consistent?
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Slugs in BF1 just fail me. Sniping out to 60 yards......what a letdown for a slug-gun. Slugs in BF4 were just so much better and consistent.
  • obisearch
    I haven't used it so I can't comment on it personally but if the gun is as inconsistent as people say then it doesn't really have that high of a skill ceiling, it's just more of a "hard to use" gun than anything. Hard to use does not = skill cannon unless it scales well to user skill. Like I said though, I haven't used it. Maybe it can be consistent?

Consistency is to do with distance because it has a steep drop off. It's a slug so it either hits and doesn't. It is a skill cannon due to it quick ttk but terrible mag
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Let me give you a HUGE tip for the slug M1900:

Take off those awful irons and never look back. Put the "Shotgun Rib" on instead. It raises the aim and sight up much more, and to a finer point than the irons. It really helped out my ADS game with the M1900 Slug

Yea I've gone to the rib and it's definitely better although tiny irons
  • CHAMMOND1992
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is not one weapon in this game that takes so much time to learn to justify calling it a, "skill cannon".
  • obisearch
    *sigh* skill cannons are not justified by time to learn. All guns can be learnt even kolibri. Skill cannons are designated guns with some over powering attributes but offset by some serious short fall which most plebs will see as 'off putting'.
    Skill cannons are based on the high risk high reward mechanic. So the question is not can you learn to use to the gun, it is whether you can learn to use the gun in most situations and do well with it, short falls and all. That's all the justification needed buddy.
  • olavafar
    1312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well you actually just describe a hard to use loadout and this particular one is not requiring that much skill either. Mostly it works like a normal shotgun when fired and you get the kills pretty easy when close enough. What happens mostly if you get over aggressive, or unlucky, is that you stand with an enemy in front of you with an unloaded gun. Sniping with it is inconsistent and thus a bit tricky but it is not skill-limited but rather luck-limited. I have the particular gun in fresh mind as I just completed another service star on it (did the shotgun medal once more which requires head shots that are easier to get with slugs than buck shots). In my mind the scout weapons are more skill requiring in CQ because you have to hit the head in close range as if you miss you will not have any time to fire again against most opponents (you will be either dead or suppressed). Generally skill, and not luck, is a lot more decisive of the outcome of any 1 vs 1 with these guns. You also do not have those assault gadgets (grenades and rockets) to fall back to if you get into trouble.

I have not touched the subject of secondary here because you can do well with any weapon if you allow a good handgun to be used. Personally I carry the Kolibri though so it is not much to fall back on really.
  • obisearch
    olavafar wrote: »
    Well you actually just describe a hard to use loadout and this particular one is not requiring that much skill either. Mostly it works like a normal shotgun when fired and you get the kills pretty easy when close enough. What happens mostly if you get over aggressive, or unlucky, is that you stand with an enemy in front of you with an unloaded gun. Sniping with it is inconsistent and thus a bit tricky but it is not skill-limited but rather luck-limited. I have the particular gun in fresh mind as I just completed another service star on it (did the shotgun medal once more which requires head shots that are easier to get with slugs than buck shots). In my mind the scout weapons are more skill requiring in CQ because you have to hit the head in close range as if you miss you will not have any time to fire again against most opponents (you will be either dead or suppressed). Generally skill, and not luck, is a lot more decisive of the outcome of any 1 vs 1 with these guns. You also do not have those assault gadgets (grenades and rockets) to fall back to if you get into trouble.

I have not touched the subject of secondary here because you can do well with any weapon if you allow a good handgun to be used. Personally I carry the Kolibri though so it is not much to fall back on really.

For me the playstyle you suggested i.e. aggro scout is not a viable playstyle anymore there are too many things going against you now. The share impossibility of know if your exactly In the 1hk kill range at aggro distance is the type of guessing game that get you killed. Since ttk 2.0 I died a dozen times because I hit the enemy for 99, 97, 90 kill distance but get melted before I could run, duck or switch sidearms. That's why I don't bother with the martini, vertilli or nariska guns anymore, snipe switch is no longer a thing at aggro range... If I'm caught aggro I get my sidearm out, at least then I stand a chance.

So imo aggro sniping is not a viable playstyle because its so stacked only someone who wants a handicap would use it. Skill cannons are different because the risk/ balance factor is fairer.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    *sigh* skill cannons are not justified by time to learn. All guns can be learnt even kolibri. Skill cannons are designated guns with some over powering attributes but offset by some serious short fall which most plebs will see as 'off putting'.
    Skill cannons are based on the high risk high reward mechanic. So the question is not can you learn to use to the gun, it is whether you can learn to use the gun in most situations and do well with it, short falls and all. That's all the justification needed buddy.

Sniping with slugs, is not high risk. I find it to be more of a gimmick and just a fun thing to do if anything.
    Also time to learn is literally what separates what's "easy" and what's "hard".