Remove the Team Switch Button

2

Comments

  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For the folks who say, "well I would just leave the game and find another match..." This may be true on PC, but on xbox and PS4 the load in and out times is dreadful. Even if this is a small deterrent for some, it is still better than what is currently going on.

    I'm on the Xbox and last Sunday that's all I did was quit. 10 matches in a row, in cq, I was put on the losing team and the teams weren't at all interested in winning so I just kept quitting until I was finally put on a team that at least tried to win.
    Not the best solution but it's the only one open to us now.
  • Zozeberry
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm guilty. I'm probably the biggest turncoat on this game. Total traitor lol. If I join a game of conquest and we're being obliterated, no flags capped, and losing horrendously (which is 99% of games I join) .. sometimes I'll switch teams.
  • mrtwotimes
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Especially on pc, the team stack is so real. You can watch guys at the beginning of each match just swap to the team that just spawn killed the other team for 20 minutes in the previous round. Its been like this for 15 years. It's time to disable the Team Switch button.

    I don't bother with switching but not sure why you or others feel it is bad.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well you're not going to avoid it because removing it would mean dice would actually have to implement a way to guarantee you were put on the same team as a friend which i hear is an issue but i'm a larry loaner, servers would die because chances are people would quit rather stay in the same game against the same team that just spawn trapped and base **** them for 20 mins. Losing is one thing but if thats happened of course people will switch. Don't know about anyone else but sort of don't find that fun.
  • TheGM86
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Especially on pc, the team stack is so real. You can watch guys at the beginning of each match just swap to the team that just spawn killed the other team for 20 minutes in the previous round. Its been like this for 15 years. It's time to disable the Team Switch button.

    Yeah like I am going to stick around and keep playing with you sandbags.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should go.

    flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Only time I switch is to join friends. But if not then I stick with the losing team. Heck if my friends are on the losing team I join them. Seriously there’s no better feeling then being the intelligent person on my squad using coms, chat, and my mic to help push up. If you use team chat you will be surprised how many people will actually work together if you work out a strategy.

    No better feeling seeing a complete 360 turn around. Even if we end up losing just seeing that turn around just makes me think now this...this is battlefield.
  • foozand
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 agree - disable teamswitching.
  • disposalist
    8337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should go.
    Nope
    Because?
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Somehow all the other team-based games in existence get by without a team switch button, why can't Battlefield?
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bleachee wrote: »
    Somehow all the other team-based games in existence get by without a team switch button, why can't Battlefield?

    Because many of them are just 4 v 4 to 16 v 16. Not 32 vs 32 where it is much difficult to have balanced gameplay in a 32 v 32 then a 16 v 16. Hell most fast pace shooters barely go over 12 v 12. Battlefield is one of very few to have 32 v 32 or more.
  • CrackerSmurf
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the entire point is over most peoples heads here. The reason team switcher is **** is because as soon as the teams balance and there is space if there are 1 or 2 130s on a team and 5 or 6 on the other the 1 or 2 will leave and join the 5 or 6 because they can't stand losing or they might lose a little piece of their K/d ratio. It's a quite simple concept really. The team stacking is done by the team switch button 8 of 10 times. So you remove it and a server won't be 10-20 100+ VS. a random grouping of play levels that surely aren't going to be in the 10-20 100+ range.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the entire point is over most peoples heads here. The reason team switcher is **** is because as soon as the teams balance and there is space if there are 1 or 2 130s on a team and 5 or 6 on the other the 1 or 2 will leave and join the 5 or 6 because they can't stand losing or they might lose a little piece of their K/d ratio. It's a quite simple concept really. The team stacking is done by the team switch button 8 of 10 times. So you remove it and a server won't be 10-20 100+ VS. a random grouping of play levels that surely aren't going to be in the 10-20 100+ range.

    This guy gets it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its amusing how scrubs think level 130s are good players.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its amusing how scrubs think level 130s are good players.

    He was just giving an example however, the best players in this game tend to play everyday thus becoming 130. Of couse some no life scrubs are also 130. You know what he meant.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is almost as game breaking as kill trades within 30 meters.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has nothing to do with level. People switch to the team with the players that did the best last round or to teams that have a skilled platoon playing together. Or they change to the side of the map that generally wins on maps that have balancing issues. Being level 130 means nothing other than that you play the game a lot.
  • externilwig33
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is getting horrible, balance was so bad today the other team was actually intentionally keeping us close to prolong the match and farm us
  • NANACHl
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with level. People switch to the team with the players that did the best last round or to teams that have a skilled platoon playing together. Or they change to the side of the map that generally wins on maps that have balancing issues. Being level 130 means nothing other than that you play the game a lot.

    Well lets see
    Would you join group with 31 level 130 players or group with 31 level 1 players if your target was to win the game (Conquest)?
    You have no other data avaible

    I personally would pick the first one because clearly those have over 300hours played,know the map,know the guns,know the class etc.
    Even if you find some MLG pro in 1level team,his positioning will be off,team play non existent,not to mention level 1 players do not even know how where and why capture points(I've started few weeks ago so it is fresh for me,i m 90lvl now)

    Ofcourse the bridge is tighter as you move the levels up but it is normal to have 2000levels of difference in game

    But worst part is that not even ammount of players is balanced so in this game not only you have 32 level 130 on one team and level 1 on other
    but the level 1 is alone in the game

    so 32 vs 1

    and bruh,let me tell you no one will switch to his team willingly
    fp2tG6l.png
    NO ONE,and if someone joins the game he will instantly rage quit
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    bleachee wrote: »
    Somehow all the other team-based games in existence get by without a team switch button, why can't Battlefield?

    Because many of them are just 4 v 4 to 16 v 16. Not 32 vs 32 where it is much difficult to have balanced gameplay in a 32 v 32 then a 16 v 16. Hell most fast pace shooters barely go over 12 v 12. Battlefield is one of very few to have 32 v 32 or more.

    I do not think you read his comment,or do you claim team switch button helps to balance this game? Because it does exact opposite.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    NANACHl wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with level. People switch to the team with the players that did the best last round or to teams that have a skilled platoon playing together. Or they change to the side of the map that generally wins on maps that have balancing issues. Being level 130 means nothing other than that you play the game a lot.

    Well lets see
    Would you join group with 31 level 130 players or group with 31 level 1 players if your target was to win the game (Conquest)?
    You have no other data avaible

    I personally would pick the first one because clearly those have over 300hours played,know the map,know the guns,know the class etc.
    Even if you find some MLG pro in 1level team,his positioning will be off,team play non existent,not to mention level 1 players do not even know how where and why capture points(I've started few weeks ago so it is fresh for me,i m 90lvl now)

    Ofcourse the bridge is tighter as you move the levels up but it is normal to have 2000levels of difference in game

    But worst part is that not even ammount of players is balanced so in this game not only you have 32 level 130 on one team and level 1 on other
    but the level 1 is alone in the game

    so 32 vs 1

    and bruh,let me tell you no one will switch to his team willingly
    fp2tG6l.png
    NO ONE,and if someone joins the game he will instantly rage quit
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    bleachee wrote: »
    Somehow all the other team-based games in existence get by without a team switch button, why can't Battlefield?

    Because many of them are just 4 v 4 to 16 v 16. Not 32 vs 32 where it is much difficult to have balanced gameplay in a 32 v 32 then a 16 v 16. Hell most fast pace shooters barely go over 12 v 12. Battlefield is one of very few to have 32 v 32 or more.

    I do not think you read his comment,or do you claim team switch button helps to balance this game? Because it does exact opposite.

    I'd pick the 130 team only because I know they'll have access to weapons other than the base weapons. There's no way to tell how good of players they'll be though.

    In reality, that extreme of a divide never happens.

    I'm still not level 130 and I do better than many 130's I run into.
Sign In or Register to comment.