Weekly Debrief

Worst Operations Campaign?

Sed1Tion
341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
So we have a new Operations campaign "Blood and Sand". I cant think of a worse combo than these two operations. Oil of empires and Galipolli.

Can you of a worse combo than these two operations?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Russian campaign is far far worse.
  • boutneus
    2474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’m looking forward to this 1, oil is fun as hell and Gallipoli is not bad either.
  • Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to this 1, oil is fun as hell and Gallipoli is not bad either.

If your defending. Galipolli with the new TTK 2.0, getting off the beach will be insane.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually think that Ballroom Blitz and Argonne Forest don’t work well as an Operations. The first sector on Ballroom, with the trenches, is all right, but the rest of the map feels ill suited for the game mode. Argonne is just a grenade/mortar fest, not my cup of tea. Verdun heights is tough for attackers, but I quite like it, with its uphill fight. The second part, though, Fort de Vaux is weird for this mode. Indoors? Nah, feels tacked on.
  • boutneus
    2474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    Sed1Tion wrote: »
    boutneus wrote: »

If your defending. Galipolli with the new TTK 2.0, getting off the beach will be insane.

I prefer attack tbh, but use smoke and go for the right side flank on the beach. Alternatively spawn on a plane for a taxi ride
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    I've yet to try it.i played both oil and gallipoli ops once in the past but,is oil of empire really 3 maps for 3 platoons?
    How can attacker have any chance of making through?
    Is there a trick like a behemoth that wins you a full map or something?

Anyway what i don't like of most operations are just some sectors,not the whole operation. Bunkers ,choke points,narrow alley.... Most times there doesn't seems to be any way through.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    I've yet to try it.i played both oil and gallipoli ops once in the past but,is oil of empire really 3 maps for 3 platoons?
    How can attacker have any chance of making through?
    Is there a trick like a behemoth that wins you a full map or something?
    No, it’s really tough for attackers, with three battalions on three maps. You’ll never win Sinai with only one battalion, that one is really tough. Attackers could use an extra battalion, but that would make this Operation extra long (too long?).
  • MarxistDictator
    4951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oil shows 4 battalions on the menu screen but in game you still only get 3. It does have the launch behemoth logic on Suez though (meaning the second battalion will be bolstered with a train even if the Defenders had a train in the previous battalion). Too bad the train is terrible.

Its Sinai that ruins the balance of this operation, specifically the last base. Its like taking all of hardline's dust bowl at once while fighting a ton of tanks/a VP sentry.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eastern storm with Galicia and Tsarizyn.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And here i am after the 1st oil of empire,where attacker just walzed into our bases in one single platoon. I am at a loss for words really.....
  • grrlpurple
    824 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been stwamrolled as defenders on Oil and as attackers on Gallipoli, neither are fun.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sed1Tion wrote: »
    So we have a new Operations campaign "Blood and Sand". I cant think of a worse combo than these two operations. Oil of empires and Galipolli.

Can you of a worse combo than these two operations?

Eastern Storm with Galicia and Tsaritsyn is by far the worst.

It was pretty easy to figure out from the codexes that the name "Blood and Sand" was going to be the Oil of Empires and Gallipoli Operations, the only two that haven't been in an Operations Campaign so far.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure how I feel about this one yet but I'm sure after I'm forced to play Oils of Empires 20 plus times my brain will be fried. Gallipoli Lead isn't actually that bad and I like Achi Baba. Its like a desert Verdun heights.
  • magosnow
    Achibaba is shotting fish in a barrel for the defenders.
    Anyway this time you can easily get 25k just reviving people.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a good thing that I've completed the Operations puzzles, and have one of the new Legendary skins; I only have to play this campaign once for the codex.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    Achibaba is shotting fish in a barrel for the defenders.
    Anyway this time you can easily get 25k just reviving people.

I actually get a load of kills attacking on Achi Baba. Trick is don't be one of the fish in the barrel. Most of the defenders blindly watch the choke points.
  • grrlpurple
    824 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Join losing Ottoman forces defending in the Sinai. Gather a couple of thousand points towards the 25k. Rinse and repeat so many times you can quote the Turkish introduction by heart...
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't know when I last saw an attackers victory. It seems like atm noone wants to push objectives and the defenders basicly don't even need to defend their posts, as noone is attacking them. Most matches end on the first map if not on the first sector.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    our team won attacking the beach..18 medics and assorted other classes..i counted 1 scout on my attacking team. we lost a battalion at the finally two objectives..lost about 40 tickets from
    our second battalion before we won..smoke grenades help and the pilots farming infantry.