On the left

ENGEL_DER_STILLE
31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
As a man who who shoots southpaw I think there should be an option of having ads go to the left shoulder.
For some reason it just doesn't sit right with my brain when I see the gun trim right.
I say us leftys, we the 1 per centers, should unite and demand representation.
We might as well, every one else is doing it; the feminists, the gays, the minorities, the over weight.
Stand up and raise your left hand high.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3664 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a fellow lefty, I wouldn't complain having this be implemented.

But so many FPS just come with it standard on the R, so it would be odd for my brain for a bit.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can do custom controller mapping on the PS4 in BF1 options. Does that not work?
  • ElliotLH
    4860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm left-handed but can't say that I ever really notice this as I'm used to seeing my character holding their weapons in their right hand. I'll even keep my character right-handed in RPGs like Fallout and Elder Scrolls where you can effectively choose what hand they use. Interestingly Fallout 4 actually looks really weird to me as Bethesda used a left-handed animation for the hunting rifle.

Possibly it's conditioning but on the other hand (ba-doom-tish) I've never really been bothered about the whole southpaw thing and rarely struggle using my right hand for most tasks, so that might be why I don't pick up on this kind of thing.
  • creepNpeep
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can do custom controller mapping on the PS4 in BF1 options. Does that not work?

This
  • ElliotLH
    4860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just be grateful you're not in the British Army as the SA80 can only be fired right-handed.
  • PackersDK
    489 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018

I think the op is talking about the animation not the controls.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PackersDK wrote: »

I think the op is talking about the animation not the controls.

It appears you are correct. I misread the post late last night lol
  • FightinFinn187
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a south-paw as well. I have played a few games over the years that offered this option and quite frankly, it was visually painful. Not sure why, but every time I have tried it, I would change it back within a game or two.
  • FightinFinn187
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Just be grateful you're not in the British Army as the SA80 can only be fired right-handed.

I have taken, so much hot brass to the bicep over the years that it no longer bothers me. BUT, a bullpup rifle putting them into my chest would get annoying real fast.
  • ElliotLH

I have taken, so much hot brass to the bicep over the years that it no longer bothers me. BUT, a bullpup rifle putting them into my chest would get annoying real fast.

From what I gather the real problem is the bolt hitting you in the face. That wouldn't be pleasant at all!
  • FightinFinn187

From what I gather the real problem is the bolt hitting you in the face. That wouldn't be pleasant at all!

Ouch! I think I'll pass on that noise!
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    Bar pistols even now a days left's are trained and drilled to use weapons with their right hand on the trigger (in the British Army) unless you want the ****.king handle smashing your teeth out as soon as you fire.
    (For some reason ****.king is a bad word... civilians *rolls eyes*)
    So it's bot a problem of representation it's a problem that there's not left handed version for every weapon and the army still to this day won't pay for you to feel 'represented' so thanks DICE for your realism.
  • b2tchwood
    1067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is actually a really valid point.....
  • Gforce81
    3664 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chainsaws and rifles with a bolt: dangerous to use for Lefties