Other issues that could have been worked on instead of the TTK patch.

PottyScottie
247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Just a small list as I wait in q with my friend.....

Loading times on console = horrible.
Playing with friends, where's squad join? The join friend on xbox works 50 percent of the time.
The server browsers on console. Seriously the bf3 server browser was faster. Hey I joined a match that has 60/64 players. Nope IN queue premium priority 5 out of 5.
Are the medals still broken?
Heligoland bright. WTH were they thinking? LMAO. Worst map DICE has ever made. I seriously cant think of a worse map. Maybe its time to remove CTE. If those players didn't give you feedback on that map from an infantry perspective then you really need to ask what's the point of CTE?
Whats up the lag recently? Did they revert all netcode changes that they made?
Nade Spam still needs tuning.
MATCHMAKING THAT WORKS. Every game, a blowout.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you get an external drive your load times will lower significantly.

I play with friends almost every time I play BF now and joining their games has only not worked 1 time for me, they sent another invite and i got in.

Server Browser works for me, I literally don't join games any other way. Premium priority means nothing if everyone in queue has premium.

You say Heligoland is the worst map DICE has ever made while there's another thread someone just made saying Tsaritsyn is the worst map in multi-player history - its just an opinion.

Lag has actually been a bit better for me as of late.

And saying every game is a blowout is just over exaggeration from my own personal experience alone. Me and my friends were joking a week or so ago when we had two comeback games in a row, and laughed that people insisted games are ALWAYS one sided and that comebacks aren't possible.

I agree there are team balancing issues, but not every game played is a one sided stomp fest.

On top of all of that - you act as if the guys working on weapon balance were the entirety of the staff at DICE LA that work on changing the game. It was probably the job of a single team in the company. I highly doubt the guys tweaking gun stars are the same ones working on net code or making maps.
  • PottyScottie
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    If you get an external drive your load times will lower significantly.

I play with friends almost every time I play BF now and joining their games has only not worked 1 time for me, they sent another invite and i got in.

Server Browser works for me, I literally don't join games any other way. Premium priority means nothing if everyone in queue has premium.

You say Heligoland is the worst map DICE has ever made while there's another thread someone just made saying Tsaritsyn is the worst map in multi-player history - its just an opinion.

Lag has actually been a bit better for me as of late.

And saying every game is a blowout is just over exaggeration from my own personal experience alone. Me and my friends were joking a week or so ago when we had two comeback games in a row, and laughed that people insisted games are ALWAYS one sided and that comebacks aren't possible.

I agree there are team balancing issues, but not every game played is a one sided stomp fest.

On top of all of that - you act as if the guys working on weapon balance were the entirety of the staff at DICE LA that work on changing the game. It was probably the job of a single team in the company. I highly doubt the guys tweaking gun stars are the same ones working on net code or making maps.

You are right, must just be me.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Heligoland bright. WTH were they thinking? LMAO. Worst map DICE has ever made. I seriously cant think of a worse map.

I can think of much worse maps: Operation Lockers, Lancang Dam, Flood Zone, Noshar Canals, and the worst map of any FPS ever, (in my opinion) Operation Metro.

If I was in charge of EA, I would fire the person who designed this map, and then smear their name so that they never get a job in the gaming industry ever again ... XD

/s, in case anyone can't tell - well, more like half-joking, to be honest
  • CH1R0N83
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don’t mind the load times so much, given how big and detailed the maps are. It’s the QUITTING times that baffle me. Surely it can’t take that long to disconnect you from a server?
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, that's def true. There's almost anything they could have done rather than this, being the community never asked for it. I think many or even most are scratching their heads at this move.

My main concern, is that of a consumer . I'm not going to just get on DICE about this, being other companies are doing this as well, where as, i can get access to the game, thru a demo, or beta, or EA Access, enjoy what i see, and purchase the game. Only for in a matter of months, have Devs change a good deal of the game, to something i did not want to purchase, and if i seen the game at this stage, would not have purchased it in the first place.

I just don't find it to be good business practice, and again, i'm not just getting on EA .

I purchased the game i purchased, and of course you're gonna expect the game to be 'fixed" and serviced. But that doesn't mean changing the whole mechanic, to the point many may find it unplayable, or dislike the changes immensely to the point they won't play what they rightfully paid for.

If this practice does not stop, it won't be long before you bought BF1 (or any other game), only for a Dev that had a bad night on the town, decide to change the game into a Sci Fi game, and a total different game than what you purchased.

That's really where this could end up going, and for me, i have to be cognizant, that when i purchase these games, in time it may not be the game at all i purchased, and that has to stop.
  • Sixclicks
    4118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I'm on PC, so the console stuff isn't relevant to me.

I don't personally care for medals.

Heligoland is probably one of my least favorite maps. I don't know if I'd say worst ever. I leave server when it comes up though.

I think lag seems worse due to the lower TTK. Low TTKs interact poorly with large latency differences between players.

I haven't had many issues with nade spam. Although I play Conquest.

Game balance is pretty terrible. The vast majority of games I join are definitely stacked to one side. It doesn't help that everyone switches sides to the team with the best players from last round at the beginning of every match.
  • Sed1Tion
    329 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Jumping over a pebble without having to try three times...