On the left

ENGEL_DER_STILLE
31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
As a man who who shoots southpaw I think there should be an option of having ads go to the left shoulder.
For some reason it just doesn't sit right with my brain when I see the gun trim right.
I say us leftys, we the 1 per centers, should unite and demand representation.
We might as well, every one else is doing it; the feminists, the gays, the minorities, the over weight.
Stand up and raise your left hand high.

Comments

• Gforce81
    2968 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As a fellow lefty, I wouldn't complain having this be implemented.

But so many FPS just come with it standard on the R, so it would be odd for my brain for a bit.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can do custom controller mapping on the PS4 in BF1 options. Does that not work?
  • ElliotLH
    2538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm left-handed but can't say that I ever really notice this as I'm used to seeing my character holding their weapons in their right hand. I'll even keep my character right-handed in RPGs like Fallout and Elder Scrolls where you can effectively choose what hand they use. Interestingly Fallout 4 actually looks really weird to me as Bethesda used a left-handed animation for the hunting rifle.

Possibly it's conditioning but on the other hand (ba-doom-tish) I've never really been bothered about the whole southpaw thing and rarely struggle using my right hand for most tasks, so that might be why I don't pick up on this kind of thing.
  • creepNpeep
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can do custom controller mapping on the PS4 in BF1 options. Does that not work?

This
  • ElliotLH
    2538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just be grateful you're not in the British Army as the SA80 can only be fired right-handed.
  • PackersDK
    420 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 13

I think the op is talking about the animation not the controls.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PackersDK wrote: »

I think the op is talking about the animation not the controls.

It appears you are correct. I misread the post late last night lol
  • FightinFinn187
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a south-paw as well. I have played a few games over the years that offered this option and quite frankly, it was visually painful. Not sure why, but every time I have tried it, I would change it back within a game or two.
  • FightinFinn187
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Just be grateful you're not in the British Army as the SA80 can only be fired right-handed.

I have taken, so much hot brass to the bicep over the years that it no longer bothers me. BUT, a bullpup rifle putting them into my chest would get annoying real fast.
  • ElliotLH

I have taken, so much hot brass to the bicep over the years that it no longer bothers me. BUT, a bullpup rifle putting them into my chest would get annoying real fast.

From what I gather the real problem is the bolt hitting you in the face. That wouldn't be pleasant at all!
  • FightinFinn187

From what I gather the real problem is the bolt hitting you in the face. That wouldn't be pleasant at all!

Ouch! I think I'll pass on that noise!
  • purpleflump
    242 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 13
    Bar pistols even now a days left's are trained and drilled to use weapons with their right hand on the trigger (in the British Army) unless you want the ****.king handle smashing your teeth out as soon as you fire.
    (For some reason ****.king is a bad word... civilians *rolls eyes*)
    So it's bot a problem of representation it's a problem that there's not left handed version for every weapon and the army still to this day won't pay for you to feel 'represented' so thanks DICE for your realism.
  • b2tchwood
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is actually a really valid point.....
  • Gforce81
    2968 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chainsaws and rifles with a bolt: dangerous to use for Lefties