TTK 2.0 is live!!

Comments

• Gforce81
    2632 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    At this point, I think I'll be taking a break from the game for a few weeks. I might play maybe a few hours here and there. I haven't had any issues adapting to it. In fact my KPM and KDR have increased since it's been implemented. I'm just not having as much fun with it anymore tbh.

And it's not just the reduction in TTK, but also the absolutely horrid team balance lately. It's pretty rare that I'll end up in a match where each team is actually fighting hard over the center objective and keeping within 200 points of each other. In most games it's just one team being absolutely dominated by the other which, imo, isn't fun for either side. I'm also not a fan of getting 1-framed or shot around corners more often lately due to the way latency interacts with a faster TTK.

I just bought the new Monster Hunter game last night that my brother's been playing, so I guess I'll be playing that for now.

I'll still be around on the forums though since I've got nothing better to do at work - other than work I guess lol. Plus I need my argumentative fix.

That Gunlance tho

Been jumping between that and the Heavy Bow Gun. MHW has pretty much taken over my PS4 for the time being.

ditto on your thoughts on BF1

I'll be starting out with the Glaive for now. Being able to jump on top of monsters more often appeals to me. Although I haven't really used it yet, so no idea if it's bad or not.

I intend on picking up MHW, have any class advice for a newcomer to the series.

I'm brand new myself, never touched the series.

There's lots of layers to the game, but IMPose of the most important things to figure out early on is what weapon choice you'll aim for, and then understanding all the ins and outs of that specific weapon

A guy on YouTube, Rurikahn (sp?) Has guides on almost all of the weapon types and the combos they can do, and things you may have not considered about them

This other one doesn't focus so much on combos/numbers/technical things, but more on how each weapon feels, and what kinda playstyle they go with, also found it very helpful:

Once you actually get the game, you'll have plenty of other things to figure out, but these are a good start
  • ssjsnoop
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This a Monster Hunter thread now? lol

I find it funny whenever someone says they're gonna drop X Multiplayer game and Play Y Single Player game.

I don't know how SP games replace MP games.

I always need a MP fix and a SP fix so one does not replace the other for me, only other games in the same "genre" can replace them.

But anyways, on-topic, the new TTK is dumb and unnecessary. Only nerds asked for this.
  • FightinFinn187
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At this point, I think I'll be taking a break from the game for a few weeks. I might play maybe a few hours here and there. I haven't had any issues adapting to it. In fact my KPM and KDR have increased since it's been implemented. I'm just not having as much fun with it anymore tbh.

And it's not just the reduction in TTK, but also the absolutely horrid team balance lately. It's pretty rare that I'll end up in a match where each team is actually fighting hard over the center objective and keeping within 200 points of each other. In most games it's just one team being absolutely dominated by the other which, imo, isn't fun for either side. I'm also not a fan of getting 1-framed or shot around corners more often lately due to the way latency interacts with a faster TTK.

I just bought the new Monster Hunter game last night that my brother's been playing, so I guess I'll be playing that for now.

I'll still be around on the forums though since I've got nothing better to do at work - other than work I guess lol. Plus I need my argumentative fix.

That Gunlance tho

Been jumping between that and the Heavy Bow Gun. MHW has pretty much taken over my PS4 for the time being.

ditto on your thoughts on BF1

I'll be starting out with the Glaive for now. Being able to jump on top of monsters more often appeals to me. Although I haven't really used it yet, so no idea if it's bad or not.

I intend on picking up MHW, have any class advice for a newcomer to the series.

I'm brand new myself, never touched the series.

There's lots of layers to the game, but IMPose of the most important things to figure out early on is what weapon choice you'll aim for, and then understanding all the ins and outs of that specific weapon

A guy on YouTube, Rurikahn (sp?) Has guides on almost all of the weapon types and the combos they can do, and things you may have not considered about them

This other one doesn't focus so much on combos/numbers/technical things, but more on how each weapon feels, and what kinda playstyle they go with, also found it very helpful:

Once you actually get the game, you'll have plenty of other things to figure out, but these are a good start

Thanks, I'll give it a look.
  • aseveredfoot
    2191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What has happened is that the new TTK has made each group of weapons fit their intended "ranges" a little more closely than before. And I am speaking as CQC Scout who has had to develop new tactics. And I'm still damn good at it.

Assault class should be overpowered at close range, that is their role; medic semi close to med ranges are v powerful, Support med to long. Snipers haven't really changed you just need to rethink the approach if you play CQC.

Although it can still happen, as a general view point support shouldn't be charging in hipfiring galore and beating an Assault in a room of a house. Don't put yourself in positions that your class is not really suited to. If you do well, you better be tactically a quick thinker (oxymoron given the previous sentence?) and not rely on just your gun skills.

Adapt or Die is the phrase that suits this topic.

I dont wanna adapt to a game i played for 800 hours. I could,but i just dont want to. Guess ill chose the game dies for me.

Same. Even though I pretty much have adapted I feel like I'm always gonna be thinking of the glory days when the game was really fun to play instead of just extremely irritating. I used to look forward to each and every session when I got home from work. Now I'm just meh.

^and every time I say something like that I feel I have to make the disclaimer that with TTK 2.0 my player stats have actually improved, KD, spm and kpm are getting better, but I just don't think the game is much fun anymore.

I have noticed a fatal flaw in the perspective it seems a decent amount of these TTK 2.0 apologists have. It seems they think how balanced a game is a direct sign of how fun/enjoyable a game is. They fail to understand that games which are balanced can be unenjoyable and games which are unbalanced can be enjoyable. Obviously having a game that is enjoyable and balanced is possible and the ideal situation but just making a game balanced doesn't bring enjoyability just by nature of it being balanced.

Agree 100%.

And as it's been over a week now, and I'm totally used to the weapons, the changes I see are almost wholly negative. Every server and game mode I played last night, the majority of the players were VERY passive.

I had a whole string of Frontlines games that were over within 5-10 minutes, everyone getting under 20 kills and I barely even saw anyone on the enemy team.

I went to a conquest server instead, 2 round in a row the scores something like 1000-250 and 1000-320, both linear maps. Prise went a little better since the players can (and will) avoid one another and trade flags. But it was still something like 1000-590.

I LOVE how the weapons feel now that I've figured them out. But the game is suffering badly if my own experience is any indicator. I'd be happy to roll the whole thing back again, just to have some close matches again.
  • theONEFORCE
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Oh look, another TTK thread. Maybe it has a new and interesting take on the subject. Nope, just the same 10 people saying the exact same thing as all the other TTK threads.
  • dtzoom
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I started this thread days ago to try and figure out the change in squad make up and mechanics in relation to the ttk patch. There is a definite difference in what classes make up most player choices and how they are playing them. It seems a consensus on this thread and some others that no one really wants ops games with 40+ assault. Similarly, many players are unhappy with the game play style many players have shifted over too. Whether that be cqb, camping, or switching teams. It's clearly struck a chord. I'm a slow reaction player. I know this, and it's how I've enjoyed playing. The extra hits I took gave me a little more time to figure out where the rounds were coming from and what to do about it. That's just me. Other people have their own issues with the changes, and that's their right as much as it is yours to disagree. The patch calls into question some class function and load out. Why give support limpet mines if they are unable to get a position to use them? What happens to cavalry? Should people who enjoyed playing front line combat be forced to use two classes only to be viable? I don't know the answers to those questions. They persist however on many threads so they must exist for a reason.
  • MigueTK
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh look, another TTK thread. Maybe it has a new and interesting take on the subject. Nope, just the same 10 people saying the exact same thing as all the other TTK threads.

Then why open the thread?
  • theONEFORCE
    1848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Another comment mocking those who don't like the change, just like in all of the other TTK threads. How original.

I'm assuming it would be better if I came into each TTK thread like it was the first one I've ever been to and posted almost the exact same thing I've posted in the last twenty just so other grumpy people will pat me on the back for agreeing with their position. Get ready for some back patting, here is a small sample of how TTK 2.0 ruined the game for everyone...

Gameplay is now too fast and based on twitch mechanics
    Gameplay is now slower paced and dependent on positioning

Support is now OP
    Support was secretly nerfed
    Support is now terrible in close quarters
    Support is too good in close quarters
    Support is OP at mid range
    Support is too weak at mid range and forced to camp at long range

Assault is OP in close quarters now
    Everyone uses the Ribbey
    Everyone uses the Hellriegel
    The MP18 was nerfed by the Hellriegal Buff
    The Hellriegely Man is everywhere.

Medic is useless in CQC. No revives available
    Medic is OP in CQC
    Medic is too easy after the patch
    Medic is too hard after the patch
    RSC is OP
    Skill Cannons were ruined
    Skill Cannons were buffed
    Sweeper was low key nerfed by the other buffs

Scout is unplayable because bipoded supports
    Aggressive scout is dead

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of negatives but that should be a good start to get everyone focused on what is really wrong with this patch.

No - Here is an alternative abridged summary for you:

Far fewer people like the game more than pre TTK2.0

Tough to prove
  • HuwJarz
    2818 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Another comment mocking those who don't like the change, just like in all of the other TTK threads. How original.

I'm assuming it would be better if I came into each TTK thread like it was the first one I've ever been to and posted almost the exact same thing I've posted in the last twenty just so other grumpy people will pat me on the back for agreeing with their position. Get ready for some back patting, here is a small sample of how TTK 2.0 ruined the game for everyone...

Support is now OP

Everyone uses the Ribbey

Medic is OP in CQC
    RSC is OP

Aggressive scout is dead

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of negatives but that should be a good start to get everyone focused on what is really wrong with this patch.

Tough to prove

Not really. Just need some common sense based on the feedback in these forums and on reddit.
  • theONEFORCE
    edited February 13

Support is now OP

Everyone uses the Ribbey

Medic is OP in CQC
    RSC is OP

Aggressive scout is dead

Tough to prove

Not really. Just need some common sense based on the feedback in these forums and on reddit.

Yes, everyone that plays the game is equally represented on Reddit and the forums. Common sense?
  • Trokey66
    5107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Support is now OP

Everyone uses the Ribbey

Medic is OP in CQC
    RSC is OP

Aggressive scout is dead

Tough to prove

Yes, everyone that plays the game is equally represented on Reddit and the forums. Common sense?

No be it could be considered a representative cross section of the community.

8 out of 10 cat owners that expressed a preference and all that......
  • skates15
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hello,
    I've finally spent some time with the patch and really like the way support is effective at closer range. I play aggressive support and previously this didn't work out so well and this has all changed now. Last night I got multi kill, which is rare for me. The bullets felt like they were actually dealing damage at close range and I had a lot more confidence in surviving any encounter. The nerf of the scope action didn't effect me overall. Last night I was using the Perino scoped version and while scoping does take more time, it's offset by actually making a kill. I'll take that trade all day long. I had some pretty good long range encounters too where I was able to hit people in succession whereas before if they were clustered, I would only get a single kill. Maybe this was due to a good shooting lane, I don't know, but the enemy wasn't able to move out of my firing arc without taking damage, and this is new too.

Overall I like this patch a lot, but that's mostly coming from an aggressive support style.

Thank you DICE for putting confidence back into the support class!

P.S. I've been killed a lot by Automatico after this patch, or so it seems, so I tried it last night. Holy Cow! Why am I still playing support...
  • KrugHerder
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think you're lying. Aggressive support better after the update? Are you out of your mind?
  • skates15
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol, I could be out of my mind, but no, I honestly found the close encounters a lot better now. I'm not a great player, so maybe it helps players like me.
  • dfwviking
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it depends on your playstyle - if you hipfire in close quarters it should be better, if you ADS then it is worse - longer time plus if you fire before being fully ADS you get hipfire spread while ADS. WIth the longer ADS time people are struggling with getting the timeing down to not fire before being fully ADS.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    2125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So we don't have enough of these already here?
  • gpkgpk
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KrugHerder wrote: »
    I think you're lying. Aggressive support better after the update? Are you out of your mind?

Seriously, all I see is double the amount of prone LMGs camping in some distant corner...