TTK 2.0 is live!!

Comments

• IIRogueMachineII
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Oh look, another TTK thread. Maybe it has a new and interesting take on the subject. Nope, just the same 10 people saying the exact same thing as all the other TTK threads.

Another comment mocking those who don't like the change, just like in all of the other TTK threads. How original.

I'm assuming it would be better if I came into each TTK thread like it was the first one I've ever been to and posted almost the exact same thing I've posted in the last twenty just so other grumpy people will pat me on the back for agreeing with their position. Get ready for some back patting, here is a small sample of how TTK 2.0 ruined the game for everyone...

Gameplay is now too fast and based on twitch mechanics
    Gameplay is now slower paced and dependent on positioning

Support is now OP
    Support was secretly nerfed
    Support is now terrible in close quarters
    Support is too good in close quarters
    Support is OP at mid range
    Support is too weak at mid range and forced to camp at long range

Assault is OP in close quarters now
    Everyone uses the Ribbey
    Everyone uses the Hellriegel
    The MP18 was nerfed by the Hellriegal Buff
    The Hellriegely Man is everywhere.

Medic is useless in CQC. No revives available
    Medic is OP in CQC
    Medic is too easy after the patch
    Medic is too hard after the patch
    RSC is OP
    Skill Cannons were ruined
    Skill Cannons were buffed
    Sweeper was low key nerfed by the other buffs

Scout is unplayable because bipoded supports
    Aggressive scout is dead

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of negatives but that should be a good start to get everyone focused on what is really wrong with this patch.

No - Here is an alternative abridged summary for you:

Many people used to like the game a LOT.
    Many people now like the game a whole lot less
    Far fewer people like the game more than pre TTK2.0

How does that summary work for you?

Perfect summary.
  • abc1434286920
    327 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh look, another TTK thread. Maybe it has a new and interesting take on the subject. Nope, just the same 10 people saying the exact same thing as all the other TTK threads.

Another comment mocking those who don't like the change, just like in all of the other TTK threads. How original.

I'm assuming it would be better if I came into each TTK thread like it was the first one I've ever been to and posted almost the exact same thing I've posted in the last twenty just so other grumpy people will pat me on the back for agreeing with their position. Get ready for some back patting, here is a small sample of how TTK 2.0 ruined the game for everyone...

Support is now OP

Everyone uses the Ribbey

Medic is OP in CQC
    RSC is OP

Aggressive scout is dead

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of negatives but that should be a good start to get everyone focused on what is really wrong with this patch.

Tough to prove

Not really. Just need some common sense based on the feedback in these forums and on reddit.

Yes, everyone that plays the game is equally represented on Reddit and the forums. Common sense?

You are letting your personal preferences cloud your (common) senses...cant deny or dismiss the outpour on the forums since the ttk release, you lose all credibility.

• theONEFORCE
    2681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 13

Support is now OP

Everyone uses the Ribbey

Medic is OP in CQC
    RSC is OP

Aggressive scout is dead

Tough to prove

Not really. Just need some common sense based on the feedback in these forums and on reddit.

Yes, everyone that plays the game is equally represented on Reddit and the forums. Common sense?

You are letting your personal preferences cloud your (common) senses...cant deny or dismiss the outpour on the forums since the ttk release, you lose all credibility.

There was also an outpour against the Aim Assist nerf and the ping limits. That doesn't mean the majority isn't happy with those changes or this change. Your personal preferences may be clouding your (common) senses.
  • abc1434286920
    327 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Support is now OP

Everyone uses the Ribbey

Medic is OP in CQC
    RSC is OP

Aggressive scout is dead

Tough to prove

There was also an outpour against the Aim Assist nerf and the ping limits. That doesn't mean the majority isn't happy with those changes or this change. Your personal preferences may be clouding your (common) senses.

Combined the AA nerf and ping limits did not receive half the attention the ttk has (this combined thread is 116 pages...)....and in both cases opinions were more evenly distributed, which is clearly not the case with the ttk change.

I see this is pointless as you are repeating my lines in a seemingly cheeky manner, I am out.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    24ik3m.jpg
    ... ..
  • Sixclicks
    3886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    ssjsnoop wrote: »
    This a Monster Hunter thread now? lol

I find it funny whenever someone says they're gonna drop X Multiplayer game and Play Y Single Player game.

I don't know how SP games replace MP games.

I always need a MP fix and a SP fix so one does not replace the other for me, only other games in the same "genre" can replace them.

But anyways, on-topic, the new TTK is dumb and unnecessary. Only nerds asked for this.

I'm a variety gamer. Although I tend to gravitate towards FPS, MMOs, and RPGs. I don't really need a MP PVP fix. I just try to focus on 2 games at a time, 3 max. Also, MHW is online co-op (4 player) rather than SP.

And I'm not done with BF1. I just want to take another break from it for now to play other stuff and because I'm having less fun lately.

Plus I haven't played maybe half of these games in my Steam library yet.
    games.png
  • BaronVonGoon
    4570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Did a mod do another thread merge or are there really 104 new posts since the afternoon?
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did a mod do another thread merge or are there really 104 new posts since the afternoon?

Merged.
  • HuwJarz
    3469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Wow. Now you are really grasping at straws.....

The vast majority of players expressing an opinion are dead against TTK2. EVEN IF his sample was skewed then one would still expect to see a large percentage of players sticking up for the changes. This has over 100 pages. This is not a small amount of feedback. Opinion is pretty polarised in one direction.

This is a consumer retail product with a consumer channels to provide feedback. I would agree that these types of forums might indeed normally encourage the active complainer rather than the guy that was happy, but this feedback is overwhelming.

Next you will be arguing that the world is flat. You are either trolling or lacking common sense.

• MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Has anyone manage to find the hoards of ptfo scouts that converted to rsc medics yet?
    24ik3m.jpg
    ... ..

hahaha :lol:
  • OprahSpreadEagle
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Plop.......
  • MarxistDictator
    4270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They should merge that stupid RSC thread in here too, it's just another whine thread about new TTK anyway. Good players and their roving death squads of their super buffed RSCs and other such guns that needed no changes.
  • SirTerrible
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Has anyone manage to find the hoards of ptfo scouts that converted to rsc medics yet?
    24ik3m.jpg
    ... ..

hahaha :lol:

I've only died to revenge RSC users so far; people that switched after I killed them with it a million times (and they proceeded to suck with it). The mythical RSC clan eludes me.
  • theONEFORCE
    2681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Wow. Now you are really grasping at straws.....

The vast majority of players expressing an opinion are dead against TTK2. EVEN IF his sample was skewed then one would still expect to see a large percentage of players sticking up for the changes. This has over 100 pages. This is not a small amount of feedback. Opinion is pretty polarised in one direction.

This is a consumer retail product with a consumer channels to provide feedback. I would agree that these types of forums might indeed normally encourage the active complainer rather than the guy that was happy, but this feedback is overwhelming.

Next you will be arguing that the world is flat. You are either trolling or lacking common sense.

The difference between us is that I know that I can’t prove which side has more supporters. You’re making claims of an overwhelming majority when you really have no idea. You’re just hoping it is because you want your side to win.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TTK2 is a core shift away from the gameplay most current players love. Anyone who was playing BF1 and hoping it was more like BF4 could have gone and played BF4. We did not need DICE LA making BF1 more like BF4.

It hasn't ruined the game, but it needlessly made it less fun, which is very disappointing.

This. I went back to look at my comments from the time playing on CTE, and I can only conclude that the experience from there does not carry over to the main game in representative manner. In those twenty hours the focus was on new weapons and maps, the player skill level was higher and player priorities differed from normal matches, so the secondary effects were not readily apparent. When the changes were ported to retail, things play out differently. I wrote that in CTE I didn't distinguish differences in playstyles, nor did I come across campers. Well that is completely different from how it turned out in vanilla.
  • obisearch
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    DICE tried to reduce sniping - Success

This is the only part I somewhat disagree with in your analysis. I wouldn't say it's reduced "sniping". It has however reduced the number of scouts. And from my experience playing since the update, I'd say the majority of those scouts it reduced where the ones who PTFO'd . I'm certainly not noticing a reduced number of scouts sitting at long range, or in other words, "snipers."

I agree with your statement - I see far fewer PTFO scouts. Anecdotally, the good ones that I play with are now medics with RSC. In my initial post I should have used the word scout, not sniper.

Did I tell you the story when me and wetfish cleared E on Amiens just by revives and al8. Medics are awesome ATM....
  • bran1986
    4062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TTK2 is a core shift away from the gameplay most current players love. Anyone who was playing BF1 and hoping it was more like BF4 could have gone and played BF4. We did not need DICE LA making BF1 more like BF4.

It hasn't ruined the game, but it needlessly made it less fun, which is very disappointing.

This. I went back to look at my comments from the time playing on CTE, and I can only conclude that the experience from there does not carry over to the main game in representative manner. In those twenty hours the focus was on new weapons and maps, the player skill level was higher and player priorities differed from normal matches, so the secondary effects were not readily apparent. When the changes were ported to retail, things play out differently. I wrote that in CTE I didn't distinguish differences in playstyles, nor did I come across campers. Well that is completely different from how it turned out in vanilla.

Well said. For a huge amount of TTK 2.0 testing in the CTE there was no one testing it a lot of the time. So many times I would go in and there would be like 7 or 8 people in the servers. Same thing happened with the bipod changes as well. When you are seeing how cqb plays out on a map like Fort Vaux, having 12 people on a server is going to be different than 64 players. Then you have the difference from CTE players to your average run of the mill Battlefield 1 player, a lot of things won't play out the same way.
  • FightinFinn187
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, regardless of anyone's opinion on the forums, the proof of rather or not 2.0 was good or bad is in the player population and quite frankly, they are starting to tank. The next few weeks will give us the full story, but the current trend is concerning.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=30
  • theONEFORCE
    Well, regardless of anyone's opinion on the forums, the proof of rather or not 2.0 was good or bad is in the player population and quite frankly, they are starting to tank. The next few weeks will give us the full story, but the current trend is concerning.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=30

Xbox stayed the same so now I can say with absolute certainty that Xbox players enjoy the patch.
This discussion has been closed.