hit detection issue with M1917 after TTK change

captinsmooth
1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
At first I thought the issue was lag or a bad server. But every other gun I use is fine. The m1917 low weight has a hit marker issue. You can shoot a non moving player and it will skip every second or third hit marker. This happens every time I use the gun. I had 2200 kills with it before hand and never noticed this problem. I’m on ps4. Anyone else notice this ?

Comments

• BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, but only without the bipod. This leads me to believe it has to do with the spread.
  • spartanx169x
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds like what they did to the Sweeper, they messed with the spread for no apparent reason. they have all but ruined the sweeper by doing this, when nothing was wrong with it.
  • captinsmooth
    1969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well it’s good to hear it’s not just me.
  • FightinFinn187
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was wondering what was going on. It has been my new favorite since before 2.0, but I have been struggling since.
  • captinsmooth
    I was wondering what was going on. It has been my new favorite since before 2.0, but I have been struggling since.
    It’s a shame the gun was truly great before the patch. I would rather it take more bullets to kill than have this stupid random spread added in that makes no sense and feels like it’s lagging out.
  • FightinFinn187
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It’s a shame the gun was truly great before the patch. I would rather it take more bullets to kill than have this stupid random spread added in that makes no sense and feels like it’s lagging out.

Couldn't agree more.
  • S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had the same problem, you can see the bullets hitting and no hit markers.
    Not bi podded and from about 15 meters really annoying.
    Ps4 aswell.
  • bran1986
    3802 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This seems to happen with a lot of guns. I hit someone twice in the chest with an auto revolver yesterday, I got the blood and flinch but no hitmarkers or damage.
  • S_crote77
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    This seems to happen with a lot of guns. I hit someone twice in the chest with an auto revolver yesterday, I got the blood and flinch but no hitmarkers or damage.

They broke the game, again, even more.
    Was actually enjoying before last patch.
    Now, meh.
    Not a fan of ttk patch but can adapt..... but the bad servers lag and terrible hit reg makes the game sub par.
    Have played 950+ hrs and the gameplay is the worse it has ever been.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    At first I thought the issue was lag or a bad server. But every other gun I use is fine. The m1917 low weight has a hit marker issue. You can shoot a non moving player and it will skip every second or third hit marker. This happens every time I use the gun. I had 2200 kills with it before hand and never noticed this problem. I’m on ps4. Anyone else notice this ?

DICE recently changed the spread mechanics for LMGs. If you start firing before the ADS animation is completed, you will get hip-fire spread even though you are using your sights. Maybe this is the source of your problems.
  • CrackerSmurf
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It does that with the telescopic also. Laying down waiting for people to run into view and shoot them 10 times and only get 3 hits on them. in close quarters hipfiring it is the same people run through the bullets and kill you simple easy.
  • ElliotLH
    3207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've noticed this when hip-firing lately using the telescopic variant. This is on the Xbox.
  • bleachee
    939 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new spread penalty for firing before the long ADS is complete is too much. I get they want Support to stop competing at CQB, but a recoil nerf, plus and ADS nerf, plus a spread nerf is overkill.
  • disposalist
    6973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DICE recently changed the spread mechanics for LMGs. If you start firing before the ADS animation is completed, you will get hip-fire spread even though you are using your sights. Maybe this is the source of your problems.
    You get hip firing spread?... Ok, but does the spread decrease still occur while ADSing so that, when you are ADSed, you are fully accurate?

If they nerfed that too, then they totally made pre-firing pointless aside from the very slim chance of suppression.
  • ssjsnoop
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's bad. I feel it too.

Even when I went 66-29 the other night, it still sucks compared to before the patch.
  • SirTerrible
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You get hip firing spread?... Ok, but does the spread decrease still occur while ADSing so that, when you are ADSed, you are fully accurate?

If they nerfed that too, then they totally made pre-firing pointless aside from the very slim chance of suppression.

As far as I'm aware you won't reach ADS spread until you either stop firing and fire again or you fire enough bullets for the negative spread to bring you to a decent spread. In either case you're likely already dead.
    -
    I'm personally getting really good at timing my shooting but once in a while I shoot blanks because I fired too quickly. Very unsatisfying mechanic. I can only imagine how frustrating and confusing it is for the average player that has no idea what is going on. Non of this is explained whatsoever in-game. How would someone that doesn't bother to read up on symthic, reddit, or here have any clue about it? As far as they'd know LMGs just randomly shoot blanks for no reason.
  • bleachee
    939 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Depending on LMG it can take 20+ rounds to get to ADS minspread by which time you are long dead. It's too punishing.