Afflictions???!

L_M_Y_84
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
(Excuse me for my English .. just saying before I go to rage-mode)

Delete them. All of them. Afflictions may be the worst feature you (DICE) have ever created! They are unrealistic! They screw up teamplay! (Like the spot thing... you screw up your team by showing the enemy ur position..) NOBODY will use them. It's **** in any way. Why won't you think a minute?! Think what you're doing. Also ask the community for their opinion..

People will disagree .. Comment what you want, it won't change my opinion.

Comments

• aseveredfoot
    2191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I personally know several really good players who will likely use them, just to give themselves a challenge.

One of these players also runs only Phantom Bow any time I play BF4 with him, and while he does pretty well with it, he has to play so carefully that we can't really push as a squad most of the time, and it's pretty frustrating. I'm sure he'll do the same in BF1 so I'm pretty against them.

I think it'll be pretty irritating to watch some dummy running around, stuck in a gas mask on Empire's Edge while our team loses flags while he tries to Hipfire a General Liu against a hellriegel.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    2125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Just silly stuff and wasted resources.

Yeah, pretty much.
    At least nobody is forced to use those.
  • dfwviking
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't wait for the guy who doesn't realize he has the gas mask affliction on to come on here and complain about how his game is broken
  • skates15
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What is this gas mas affliction and how do I avoid it?
  • TIG_blane
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't understand them either. You get a dog tag for using them. Wow. Unlock dogtag and never touch again. Wasted time and resources. But add a positive to the negative, make them a new playstyle.
    Stuck with gas mask on, hipfire better.
    Lose health every second, heal twice as fast.
    Lose points on death, increased squad points.
    Make them a new playstyle, not just a crippling effect that ruins the game for your team just because you want a dogtag. .1%of the community will even try these. Even less will succeed. I won't touch them personally.
  • Puckerbucket
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    wtf exactly is an "affliction"? I have no idea what this is about. I'm pretty sure I could play through the "leprosy" mode if necessary. Or do I have to do "chronic migraines" first?
  • Lykosia
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    Afflictions are quite easy to get around.
    The one which makes you lose points after death? Use a tank or a plane.
    Gasmask always on? Assault and automatico trench or shotguns. Or vehicle
    Only one mag? Support and MG1917 or vehicle
    Constantly be in combat and lose health, except for short window when you get a kill? Probably medic and medic pouch, which is faster than box. Or vehicle
  • robmcewen
    1986 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's so the elite player can show off how elite they are.

The sad thing is someone got paid to not only come up with this but also managed to persuaded the higher up's to give them the green light. Even Westie who is a EA/DICE mouth piece made a video questioning why they are being put in to the game when their are far more important thing the game needs.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What is it?
  • CVH-Snarlos
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14

GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    What is it?

FYI :-(
  • magosnow
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll use them to get those juicy 4 horsemen dogtags(hopefully for the right tag), as long as it's something easy, like winning a couple of games with that on.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 14
    Certainly won’t be aiming to unlock them that’s for sure. If so actually unlock them I won’t use them. I mean who’d seriously want to run with the always spotted one activated? It’s just naff from Dice.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    What is it?

FYI :-(

Cheers.

So a pointless addition then :lol:
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    2125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This thread is pure proof that mindless zealots of youtube overlords will react absolutely in the same way as their masters did.
    While in reality LA isn't forcing anyone to use this afflictions in any possible way. If you don't like them you can stay away from those as far as you want. But because another holy saviour of battlefiled on youtube overreacted, you must overreact too because otherwise you will be a worthless followers.
  • olavafar
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm afraid I will fall for this. I think it is stupid but that has never stopped me before. I already have the 'Kolibri-affliction'.
  • EdwinSpangler
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dfwviking wrote: »
    Can't wait for the guy who doesn't realize he has the gas mask affliction on to come on here and complain about how his game is broken

Heh........
  • Sonic5745
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm pretty sure that around the time when this game was first announced, DICE was talking about how Battlefield 1 focused more on teamplay than past BF titles.

But these Afflictions will not improve the teamplay aspect of this game at all.

Probably most BF1 players won't even care to use Afflictions. I know I won't.
  • NANACHl
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best thing ever!
    The only bad thing is we did not get them sooner!

I ll use 3 afflictions at once and it will be GREAT
    HUGE wins,smartest killstreaks and i know many good people that will do them too

• disposalist
    5932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't doubt they will only be for achieving some missions. Just another way to make things tricky without just insisting on headshots from an SMG or more mundane requirements.

I doubt they took much development work and I doubt they will effect the game much.