Hate speech multiplayer filter?

13»

Comments

• trip1ex
    2418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 14
    chat needs a per player filter to filter out the chat spam.
  • Trokey66
    5446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    anzac1915 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as hate speech, just different opinions on multiple subjects, sometime they give legit facts, other times they are trying to rile you up. My advice, either turn off chat or ignore other peoples opinions and just concentrate on the Commo Rose replies.
    Online gaming chat has always had differing opinions from multiple peoples, online gaming chat is not like a universities "safe space", online gaming pretty much reflects reality, where people will voice their opinions, whether you like it or not, so just deal with people having differing opinions to you and try not to get riled up for no reason and ignore those that try to rile you up.
    So, in conclusion, just turn off chat or ignore the convo's that have opinions that you disagree with and just concentrate on the game and Commo Rose replies.

hate speech
    NOUN
    mass noun
    Abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.

‘we don't tolerate any form of hate speech’
    ‘international conventions banning hate speech’ (source: Oxford English Dictionary)

When you have someone seriously discussing the 'Jewish Question', then I think you can safely call that hate speech. It's also funny when someone says that they don't believe in hate speech, but when you insult their religion, their politics, their ethnicity, their gender, or anything else that defines them, they change their minds in an instant.

Well, I have experienced people hating me before, I would not call it hate speech. Hate Speech are just a feminist/SJW words, that it seems that the Oxford English Dictionary has given in to these politically correct, SJW's and a re trying to include such nonsensical words into their dictionaries. Plus there already is a word for that, it is called just one word: Hate. I mean, is there such a thing as verbal violence? Of course not, how is calling someone whatever violence? Do they get physically broused by words? Jesus Christ.

In the end, it does not matter what people say, it is what people do that matter; actions speak louder than words .

2 badly plucked turkeys!
  • anzac1915
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as hate speech, just different opinions on multiple subjects, sometime they give legit facts, other times they are trying to rile you up. My advice, either turn off chat or ignore other peoples opinions and just concentrate on the Commo Rose replies.
    Online gaming chat has always had differing opinions from multiple peoples, online gaming chat is not like a universities "safe space", online gaming pretty much reflects reality, where people will voice their opinions, whether you like it or not, so just deal with people having differing opinions to you and try not to get riled up for no reason and ignore those that try to rile you up.
    So, in conclusion, just turn off chat or ignore the convo's that have opinions that you disagree with and just concentrate on the game and Commo Rose replies.

hate speech
    NOUN
    mass noun
    Abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.

‘we don't tolerate any form of hate speech’
    ‘international conventions banning hate speech’ (source: Oxford English Dictionary)

When you have someone seriously discussing the 'Jewish Question', then I think you can safely call that hate speech. It's also funny when someone says that they don't believe in hate speech, but when you insult their religion, their politics, their ethnicity, their gender, or anything else that defines them, they change their minds in an instant.

Well, I have experienced people hating me before, I would not call it hate speech. Hate Speech are just a feminist/SJW words, that it seems that the Oxford English Dictionary has given in to these politically correct, SJW's and a re trying to include such nonsensical words into their dictionaries. Plus there already is a word for that, it is called just one word: Hate. I mean, is there such a thing as verbal violence? Of course not, how is calling someone whatever violence? Do they get physically broused by words? Jesus Christ.

In the end, it does not matter what people say, it is what people do that matter; actions speak louder than words .

2 badly plucked turkeys!

I admit, I am not a social person. I am not good at communicating with people. I do have trouble explaining things and have trouble describing things as well. I tried my best to get my point across. My last paragraph best explains my point, though.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Words do matter, words can be violent, they can and do cause harm.

Come on, man, this isn't high school, the "violent words" stay online. Even then, people don't follow you around. You see them once in a while, then it goes back to the typical hackusations and nonsensical discussions that are usually in place.
  • Oskool_007
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 15
    You can block players from chat. Just view their Origin profile, click the down arrow, and choose block. You'll no longer see them in chat.

Personally, I just press the H key and hide the chat box.
    Post edited by Oskool_007 on
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    You can block players and no longer see them speak in chat. Just view their Origin profile and click on the down arrow and choose block. You'll no longer see them in chat.

Personally, that's too much trouble for me so I just press the H key and hide the chat box.

Wait, this actually works? It does seem like a bit of a hassle, so the H key will have to do. It is a bit of a shame - we have such a useful feature, and most people use it for completely stupid things. Then again, you can say that about anything that is even remotely useful nowadays.

However, there are a few troublesome regulars that I could have a look at with this feature ... including a prominent member of this forum I won't name ... XD
  • disposalist
    6134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 15
    You can block players and no longer see them speak in chat. Just view their Origin profile and click on the down arrow and choose block. You'll no longer see them in chat.

Personally, that's too much trouble for me so I just press the H key and hide the chat box.
    Why has noone told me this before? I'll try that later. And if that functionality is available, why haven't they made it possible from the scoreboard, like they did the report thingy?
  • trip1ex
    2418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 15
    You can block players from chat. Just view their Origin profile, click the down arrow, and choose block. You'll no longer see them in chat.

this blocks from in-game chat not just origin chat? can't wait to test it to find out. A bit of work, but at least it's something.

I just want to block the spam from the wannabe racist trolls or hackusation trolls or the get a room conversations or the computer hardware troubleshooting conversations.

• handsomebear89
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can press H to preserve your feelings.

It's not just about my feelings, but then you know that.

How is it not about your feelings? Censoring the racists and biggots wont make them go away, not to mention that it doesn't work as they'll only type it in a way that isn't listed in the filter but is still obvious to everyone who reads it. Likely it'll only make them do it more often. Grow a thicker skin, report them and move on with your life~
  • Cedar-Vexar
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 15

Thanks for the tip. I thought there must be a way to block a single player from chat, however the process seems a little involved to want to carry out during game play. It would be better of EA designed it so that you could just click on their name on the score screen for quick menu options and block them that way.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Thanks for the tip. I thought there must be a way to block a single player from chat, however the process seems a little involved to want to carry out during game play. It would be better of EA designed it so that you could just click on their name on the score screen for quick menu options and block them that way.

Dude, you literally have to press escape, click scoreboard, click on their name, click "view profile", and block them in the drop down menu next to the "add friend" button on their profile. It takes a maximum of 10 seconds, and that's if you're exceptionally slow. If that's too involved for you, you deserve seeing every "hate speech infraction" that you see.

Come on, man, how dependent on other people to fix your problems are you?