Will there ever be a Battlefield game with more than 32 players per team?

Chimp_Pilot
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Even if its a small amount, enough to fill 7 full squads instead of 6.25 squads currently.

Comments

• Roy57on
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battle Royale-style games are able to hold more than 64 players in one server so I believe it is possible, but not in the near future for the Battlefield franchise. If it does happen, I believe it will be following on from the success of another game that has successfully implemented it and created a demand for that style of play.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i believe there were mods for bf1942 that allowed more than 64p
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd honestly rather not, as long as they keep the maps as cramped as they are. Adding more people would just make it worse.
  • CHEFARZT1
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You could try Planetside 2.
  • trip1ex
    3069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    if you want really laggy sure.
  • MarxistDictator
    4215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Less is more to me. I'd rather have a smoother gameplay experience than more idiots on my team/sponges to shoot at.
  • clouseau2112
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would love to see 50 vs 50.
    If they can make 64 work, there's no reason DICE can't do 100 player Conquest
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We don't need more than 64. More players = more lag.
  • clouseau2112
    Well....maybe I'm part of the small % of players that rarely is effected by lag??

I run 200-300 down, 12 up.
    Maybe if more people paid for better internet, right?
  • Lmaousine
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well....maybe I'm part of the small % of players that rarely is effected by lag??

I run 200-300 down, 12 up.
    Maybe if more people paid for better internet, right?

Yeah but then the people with McDonalds wifi would complain and DICE would punish you for having a good connection. Oh wait...
  • GVlXxf
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 14
    Even if its a small amount, enough to fill 7 full squads instead of 6.25 squads currently.

32 each is good enough for BF1, a great number and game experience, that u can have 32 squad, if each have one member only, so is it important to have certain number of squad in BF1??

i saw some do love to have only himself or two , like S&W tubers( i forget they full name)
  • clouseau2112
    Hey....this is 2018. Ya just have to pay for what's a priority. If you're a halfway serious gamer, you should have to pay for a decent connection. Stick all the mofos with crappy connections in their own servers if ya ask me
  • Oskool_007
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 15
    I hope the player count increases. More players equals bigger battles, and big battles is a major feature that sets Battlefield apart from most of the other shooter games on the market.

I was upset when the Bad Company series reduced the player count. I'm also not interested in playing Incursions due to it's small player count.
  • DogRoyal
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    50 vs 50 (or more!) would be great. They could start by adding it as another gamestyle like operations or Frontlines. Dont even have to make entirely new maps as they could just add a couple more flags to 3-4 existing maps and take it from there.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, thanks. 64 is enough and even that can be a clusterfun on some maps. I can't imagine how horrible more players would be. Also, the current technology can't really support it. Obviously one of the big changes between titles is better graphics, but because consoles, specifically, have finite resources to work with better graphics means lower performance elsewhere. If we already get situations with lag, I can't imagine how servers will be with 100 players and increased graphical strain.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Of course its possible. An old PC FPS used to have 128 back when i was using a PC rather than my PS4. Whether it's needed is another thing though.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 15
    Will there ever be a BF game with modes and maps truly made for 64p?

Many maps were never made for 64p in BF1. Gameplay goes down the drain because of it.
  • NANACHl
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can imagine it but do not se the need,it is already pain to spawn anywhere and die instantly to spawnkiller,explosion etc.

I've played some games with 500vs500 it was lots of lag and bad hit reg
  • EdwinSpangler
    996 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ive wondered about not only that idea, but the idea of having more than two teams competing on a map.. Dont think either will ever happen tho..
  • NANACHl
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ive wondered about not only that idea, but the idea of having more than two teams competing on a map.. Dont think either will ever happen tho..

There is not any reason to not have one team consisting of 2 nations.

I can imagine WW2 bf to have for example 15 czechoslovaks with tanks and 15 germans vs 15french with tanks(destined to lose) and 15 polish

Maybe they could even offer part of poland for more tanks :^)

technically they could be 4 teams,but really it would be just 2 with 2kinds of uniform each