AA gun becomes much stronger

GOGUMANDU
58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2018
the latest update notes say "Greatly improved the reliability of the AA guns when firing against bombers from certain angles."

But what i feel when i fly all kinds of planes(bombers, attack planes, fighters, and even heavy bombers) is quite different.

AA guns can kill any planes with only 4-5 shots(except a heavy bomber). It says 'certain angles' but actually it should be like "Greatly improved the reliability of the AA guns when firing against 'PLANES' from 'ANY' angles.

The only reason I fly a heavy bomber was the game where there were too many Anti Air strength in the enemy side. But now, it gets too hard for a heavy bomber to fight against even one AA gun.

Comments

• Sed1Tion
    341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Good, AA gun really needs an un-manned doubled barrel version IMO
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    It's still hit and miss with the AA gun. It's a high risk reward weapon too because it's out in the open and is so easy to pop the person operating it with a sniper rifle. The AA gun at Cape Helles is a prime example. Meanwhile, I still saw planes having a field day racking up kills. I mean, if you're NOT going to enforce friendly fire for planes, then where's the skill in dropping bombs that have zero affect on your allies and seem to only kill the enemy? That's what I do and it's an easy 7-10 kills before an enemy plane or AA gun shoots you down.
  • gpkgpk
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is hardly hit and miss vs bombers
    All I see is bombers being melted by AA now, I've shot plenty down myself even in the AA truck which didn't get the broken (unmentioned) 400m+ Horiz range of the 1st TUTI update. They die in much less than a full burst from AA.
    This is just stupid, if anything bombers needed a buff vs AA since they broke the range as mentioned previously.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They fixed the bug where if you were firing at or near 90degrees (think plane right overhead and flying level) to a bomber, the AA would do zero damage to the bomber. The pop would explode just below the bomber. Glad to see that bug finally fixed.
  • skates15
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They fixed the bug where if you were firing at or near 90degrees (think plane right overhead and flying level) to a bomber, the AA would do zero damage to the bomber. The pop would explode just below the bomber. Glad to see that bug finally fixed.
    Agreed. It's not that the AA is buffed,, but instead you can now hit the bomber whereas before you couldn't from 90 degrees.
  • enek0id
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GOGUMANDU wrote: »
    the latest update notes say "Greatly improved the reliability of the AA guns when firing against bombers from certain angles."

But what i feel when i fly all kinds of planes(bombers, attack planes, fighters, and even heavy bombers) is quite different.

AA guns can kill any planes with only 4-5 shots(except a heavy bomber). It says 'certain angles' but actually it should be like "Greatly improved the reliability of the AA guns when firing against 'PLANES' from 'ANY' angles.

The only reason I fly a heavy bomber was the game where there were too many Anti Air strength in the enemy side. But now, it gets too hard for a heavy bomber to fight against even one AA gun.

I love the AA guns. And the way they work is exactly what you would expect against fragile planes with wooden wings.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hug the terrain when flying to make it hard for aa to target you.
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've played against pilots where no matter how many bullets are hitting it, they just have a knack of great "hide outside the map borders to fix the plane" management. It's cheap, but the map borders are usually nowhere near the AA guns making it easy to hover in and out of the map while making repairs (10 seconds to get back into the map is a long time).

On the flipside, the AA guns are usually placed in a "way out in the wide open" spot on the map. It's like you've got a sign on your back while operating the AA gun that says: "Shoot me Scouts, I'm here! Get your free headshot right here!"
  • skates15
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see a lot more ground hugging from pilots now. It's always fascinating to see how players react to changes in the game play.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I'm crying crocodile tears for you!
  • Tom_Sp4nks
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    AA gun must be like that! Tbh i don't like how much overpowered the planes are, at least vs infantry, in BF1 .
  • -aarp-19Crib
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm finding that it depends on the map. It seems that each map has specific and variable damage values. And that goes for other weapons too.
  • bugdropsX
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2018
    yeah and then u play on albion and u get this 100 stars attack plane dude that just seem to never miss and kill 5 ppl every time he drop bombs and end like 100-2 or smth. and he kill u 6+ times already. and u try to hide of points on map where he is more likely to bomb and he still find u and bomb u, cuz u are too busy beeing shot from god knows where to even look at the sky xD but yeah, with f.ex mg1917 u can easily do up to 45 dmg to the guy if u are let to, but no one care to shoot the plane tho.
  • aselwyn1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    think the AA is at a good point now the ilyla use to be impossible to hit some times with AA now it can be hit as it should. have not noticed a change with the other planes
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bugdropsX wrote: »
    yeah and then u play on albion and u get this 100 stars attack plane dude that just seem to never miss and kill 5 ppl every time he drop bombs and end like 100-2 or smth. and he kill u 6+ times already. and u try to hide of points on map where he is more likely to bomb and he still find u and bomb u, cuz u are too busy beeing shot from god knows where to even look at the sky xD but yeah, with f.ex mg1917 u can easily do up to 45 dmg to the guy if u are let to, but no one care to shoot the plane tho.

Don't like planes? C.O.D is always looking for people, that may be more up your alley
  • CSO7777
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    AA is nearly the only effective counter of planes, so they should be strong against planes.

Good pilots can easily cope with AA and therefore they are not overpowered in their current form.

The risk of using AA is often very high and nobody would use it, unless they had a chance of actually destroying planes.

The biggest problem is that some planes are too powerful (Attack Plane) and some seems pretty bad (bomber).

But generally I hate planes, they can contribute to unbalanced games. Good pilots (with the Attack Plane), can destroy a game, so having "strong" AA is better than nothing...