Apocolypse will have only 3 ground maps?

Comments

• dcs500
    1495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Legoland is probably they worst designed map of the entire game.

It is, at least, one of the few maps where you can actually get a vehicle, plenty of wooden boats, tin boats, and combustible balloons to die in.

• WetFishDB
    2229 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    to die in.

Yep. Pretty much. Once I'm on the island I won't go into a vehicle. I've seen so many squad mates die en route to somewhere unable to realistically defend themselves. Me walking there on the island killing a few infantry on the way almost always ends up quicker - which is mental, as it's anything but quick.

• ElliotLH
    8980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure you’ll be able to play standard conquest on the new maps, even the ones with conquest assault as standard. Rush will also be playable. They added conquest assault because it’s a fairly accurate representation of attacking in WW1 but it doesn’t play well either you spawn trap the attackers or the attackers pretty much steamroller the defenders. This is my fairly limited experience of conquest assault.

Unfortunately not. Same as you can't play regular conquest one the three TT maps which use this mode.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Pretty sure you’ll be able to play standard conquest on the new maps, even the ones with conquest assault as standard. Rush will also be playable. They added conquest assault because it’s a fairly accurate representation of attacking in WW1 but it doesn’t play well either you spawn trap the attackers or the attackers pretty much steamroller the defenders. This is my fairly limited experience of conquest assault.

Unfortunately not. Same as you can't play regular conquest one the three TT maps which use this mode.

Hmmm could have sworn i saw normal conquest, maybe they just call it conquest even when its conquest assault. Oh well doesn't matter doubt i'll be playing them much anyway.
  • ElliotLH
    8980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hmmm could have sworn i saw normal conquest, maybe they just call it conquest even when its conquest assault. Oh well doesn't matter doubt i'll be playing them much anyway.

They do indeed call it Conquest rather than Conquest assault when you're looking at the browser or in a rotation, just to confuse matters lol. Should be its own mode in my opinion.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It should. Or better still just remove it entirely!!!
  • ElliotLH
    That'd be better :D
  • Kabanyash_
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seems like Conquest Assault was introduced as an attempt to hide poor Conquest system behind a point handicap, only problem is that if attacking team doesn't manage to capture and hold majority of flags in first 5 or so minutes "advantage inertia", as I like to call it, remains with the defenders pretty much till the end, which instead highlights poor Conquest system. Mindblown? Yeah, me too.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

At least the 3 maps look and play a whole lot better than Zeebrugge and Legoland -- I've spent maybe a total 3 full rounds on those.

Legoland is probably they worst designed map of the entire game. Whilst I really dislike Galicia on Conquest because its all planes, Artillary Trucks and snipers - at least you can operate dynamically, picking the flags and routes you go etc. Legoland is just one insanely massive circle. Go to A... no chance of getting to E before the game ends or the battery runs out on your controller :facepalm

First reaction to seeing/playing Legoland: WOW, this is it??

It boggles my mind that it made it through. Even after the CTE changes; I'm scared to think what it looked like BEFORE they tinkered with it D:
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kabanyash_ wrote: »
    Seems like Conquest Assault was introduced as an attempt to hide poor Conquest system behind a point handicap, only problem is that if attacking team doesn't manage to capture and hold majority of flags in first 5 or so minutes "advantage inertia", as I like to call it, remains with the defenders pretty much till the end, which instead highlights poor Conquest system. Mindblown? Yeah, me too.

In the original Conquest Assault, introduced in BF1942, the initial ticket bleed stopped as soon as the attackers neutralised a flag, no need to take a majority to have the flag advantage. Only when one team held all the flags was there a bleed. Of course, they’ve changed the ticket system in BF1, so it counts up not down, and gives you tickets for every flag you hold. This works poorly with Conquest Assault.

Still, Heligoland Bight is a map I absolutely enjoy; the craziness of the vehicle warfare, the infantry combat with long distance engagements and the rocks that provide cover. With the layout, you don’t get people going from A to F, because it’s so far away, which means that the regular flag circle dance doesn’t happen here. The tactics and gameplay is better for it.

But, it needs the old ticket rules to work well for the attackers. I fear the same will be true for the new Apocalypse maps.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And NOW that the new maps are live the game is completely ruined with staggering and frame-rate drops on PS4. Wow.
  • ElliotLH
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    And NOW that the new maps are live the game is completely ruined with staggering and frame-rate drops on PS4. Wow.

Xbox too. At some points I actually stopped trying to shoot people and just went for heals and revives instead.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »

Xbox too. At some points I actually stopped trying to shoot people and just went for heals and revives instead.

Good idea! But hopefully they fix this soon because we can't play like that for long.
  • ElliotLH
    Yep it did get very tiresome very quickly dude. Ah well, at least I knocked out those 600 heal points in a round requirement so that's something.
  • Appleshampoo19
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The title is rightly named, "Apocalypse." It's the end of days for BF1. I'm so sad to see it go out this way. I mean, talk about a huge letdown.

A mode nobody asked for, and that the seemingly majority of players hate. 3 maps (i'm not even counting the Fing flying maps, F those) which are only playable in a conquest form. I absolutely love operations, & feel that, & frontlines would've been better time spent expanding these beautiful maps. Stuttering and frame drops making it unplayable for god knows how long. No word from their Twitter about it, just EA helpers lying to people to try to make them feel better. Some bogus weapons. Afflictions....like, what in the actual F? I hope they're an option to ban on servers. Imagine being paired with squads/teams who use those - anti teamwork.

Idk what their focus groups are smoking over there, I truly don't. I'm actually nervous for BF2018.
  • Adman_Tor
    Completely agree with you! I feel like the BF1 dev team check out of this game several months ago.
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If apocalypse had the maps in orpertions it would of been a good dlc but the way it is now I’ll doubt I’ll b playing theses maps very long
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm definitely not a fan of conquest assault, sorry just doesn't feel natural for any one team to have all the objectives and one team gets a handicap of 200 or 300 tickets to start the round.

Additionally I agree about the maps being split sucks, they should just give 4 conquest style maps, if they want to have an air combat mode great but don't take away maps from guys that only want to play ground games.
  • Adman_Tor
    bmatazz wrote: »
    If apocalypse had the maps in orpertions it would of been a good dlc but the way it is now I’ll doubt I’ll b playing theses maps very long

They will likely add operations down the road but considering how behind they were with the Turning Tides maps (releasing only 2 in December when the whole pack was promised) - they were likely rushing the Apocolypse maps out the door too. That's also likely why we only got 3 real maps and 2 of those are stupid conquest assault. Literally the WORST DLC so far.
  • ghost_blackrose
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    this dlc confirmed for me to not buy a premium pass next time. based on the lackluster last product, it made the $60 not worth it.

without operations and frontlines on the russian maps (yes one russian operations) and now this dlc, i will buy the base game and pick and chose the dlc's to buy based on what the content actually is. feel screwed over on this last dlc as it was rushed and half finished, yet i paid full price for it. conquest only to me isnt worth the $15 per dlc.