K bullets need to do more damage to cavalry

Comments

• dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you're a sniper who is out in the open, then you'll find it hard to compete against a cavalry. You need to position yourself close to cover, buildings, trees etc. It makes you a much harder target when the cavalry comes and you can pop shots at it as it runs by/off in to the distance. Are you really expecting to 1 on 1 a cavalry as the sniper class?
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dbibby1988 wrote: »
    If you're a sniper who is out in the open, then you'll find it hard to compete against a cavalry. You need to position yourself close to cover, buildings, trees etc. It makes you a much harder target when the cavalry comes and you can pop shots at it as it runs by/off in to the distance. Are you really expecting to 1 on 1 a cavalry as the sniper class?

The issue here is that there is a lack of options to tackle elites and cavalry, headshot elite = 12 headshot elite with k bullet = 16 if I remember correctly. My point is that k bullets should be a viable option for tackling elites, I’m not asking for a one hit kill but a damage increase to make the k bullet a legitimate choice. It seems absurd that 5 headshots with armour piercing bullets and a much slower reload doesn’t kill an elite/ cavalry IMO. I need to check the damage stats still, I’m going to try to get this tested.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »

The issue here is that there is a lack of options to tackle elites and cavalry, headshot elite = 12 headshot elite with k bullet = 16 if I remember correctly. My point is that k bullets should be a viable option for tackling elites, I’m not asking for a one hit kill but a damage increase to make the k bullet a legitimate choice. It seems absurd that 5 headshots with armour piercing bullets and a much slower reload doesn’t kill an elite/ cavalry IMO. I need to check the damage stats still, I’m going to try to get this tested.

Yeah I know what you mean, but you could also argue that the sniper class isn't really designed to take down elites/vehicles. The only way you'll stand a 'legit' chance of taking them down, is if you're with other team members who are all shooting at it all at once. Or as somebody else said, trap them with trip wire bombs.

• b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah I know what you mean, but you could also argue that the sniper class isn't really designed to take down elites/vehicles. The only way you'll stand a 'legit' chance of taking them down, is if you're with other team members who are all shooting at it all at once. Or as somebody else said, trap them with trip wire bombs.
    Not designed to take out vehicles but I don’t see why elites are off the table. If snipers, being a high calibre round, are not meant to take out elites then when are assault, medic and support weapons so effective against them. They should do much less damage. Basically if the elite is to be viewed as a vehicle then explosives would be the only viable option for all classes. But again this is just for the k bullet to be made a viable option against them, it won’t be insta kill but at least elites and cavalry have to be wary of snipers where right now it’s open season.
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wasn't cavalry armor nerfed? I'm fine with K Bullets doing more damage if and only if the cavalry armor returns to what it was while you're on the horse. If not, count me out.
  • b2tchwood
    Wasn't cavalry armor nerfed? I'm fine with K Bullets doing more damage if and only if the cavalry armor returns to what it was while you're on the horse. If not, count me out.
    It was nerfed when you are off the horse ie. you are just regular health then.
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Almost feels like it is nerfed on the horse too. Seems weaker. Maybe it isn't but it feels like it is.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Almost feels like it is nerfed on the horse too. Seems weaker. Maybe it isn't but it feels like it is.

Lol, that "feel" is without the TTK changes. Good luck doing anything with Cav now
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Lol, that "feel" is without the TTK changes. Good luck doing anything with Cav now

Yeah, that's a great point. :-(
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the Cavalry class, enjoy!

• dbibby1988

Lol the guy in this thread is talking about the sniper class v cavalry. Nice video though!
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lol the guy in this thread is talking about the sniper class v cavalry. Nice video though!

Yes I know mate but you can one hit cavalry with a syringe, shoot him and rocket gun him but struggle with K bullets.Taking out vehicles with K bullets but poor damage through a tin vest.
  • i40ozz
    222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    K Bullets suck against pretty much all vehicles, i don't really see the point to a buff.

If you wanna kill Cavalry change classes to assault, you know, the class that is supposed to take out vehicles. :|:|:|
  • zoinkersScoob
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One thing that is hard to keep in mind, for me at least, is that Cavalry is a vehicle.

I think the reason people ( like me) are upset, annoyed, frustrated or nerfcallingoutraged is that they think of it as a fast moving infantry.

• DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    One thing that is hard to keep in mind, for me at least, is that Cavalry is a vehicle.

I think the reason people ( like me) are upset, annoyed, frustrated or nerfcallingoutraged is that they think of it as a fast moving infantry.

My objection to the cavalry issue is this

The cars and motorcycles are vehicles too, but those don't give you magical juggernaut superpowers. I shoot a rider in a part of the body with no armor and it does 18 damage or some ridiculously low damage. Shoot the same guy in the arm that's in a car and it does 70-80 damage.

Cavalry is not just a vehicle, its a fast moving support medic with armor

That being said, I don't think they're broken but they could use a little tweaking
  • zoinkersScoob
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are right in that they are not a transport vehicle and neither are they a tank.

Cavalry are a special kind of vehicle but should be considered a vehicle non the less.
  • RussianPorcupine
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agreed. K Bullets do need to do more damage to cavalry. K Bullets are meant to damage vehicles like trucks, tanks, and planes. In that case, they need to do more damage to horses as well. Good discussion.
  • Ninja_da_Noite
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cavaliers have a cape of invincibility! 20 shots and they keep running... Better than Duracell
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh boy one more thing to make the extremely underpowered class more underpowered.

Yay
  • kreepypriest
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    my aunts horse put her leg in a hole and made it lame...1 round from my 303 british ended it’s pain..but in battle field a person could empty their scout rifles into a horse and watch it gallop away.