frame drops???? urgent issue

Comments

• KingRofty
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Schlep2112 wrote: »
    Yep, I called it quits early tonight. It's ridiculous how laggy it is. It's not completely unplayable, but it's damn near.

Is the lag only present on the new maps, or is there lag on the vanilla maps + Russian & French DLCs as well?
  • X_justhaze_X
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Schlep2112 wrote: »
    Yep, I called it quits early tonight. It's ridiculous how laggy it is. It's not completely unplayable, but it's damn near.

Is the lag only present on the new maps, or is there lag on the vanilla maps + Russian & French DLCs as well?

Whole Multiplayer Game
  • edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played half a match and turned off. I’ll return when I hear a change made.
  • ps_865
    368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    . i played in a rush server that had only 9 people in it (so it was pre round) and there was no issue whatsoever, game ran super smooth. then one more guy joined and the server reset and started the round. from then on everything was super laggy, whenever shooting at someone it would start stuttering like crazy. i guess its some kind of bug and not an actual overload issue or whatever.

Preround seems to be the key here. As reported elsewhere, non-ranked play does not exhibit this problem, so it is most certainly tied to Service Assignment evaluation, which does not happen in these circumstances.

yes, I played a pre-round, and it wasn't jittery, but the round then was, all of them I tried, including the vanilla maps. I logged out, it is unplayable now
  • maanboat1965
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ASSignments should just be removed, period... can't we just have a "shooter" game, where we shoot and blow stuff up?? Dog tags, skins, assignments, such a waste of DEV time!!
  • II_Ghost-Eye_II
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some of my Platoon members don't have this problem and a few of us still get the stuttering even after doing the 50k Service Assignments. The ones that don't have the issue say they didn't download the update until like 5pm in the Uk. Thinking of deleting the whole game and reinstalling it.
  • Beukiiie
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    I played 2 hours, with no problems (itself pretty amazing being a tuesday noon). Downloaded update. Now a stuttering, laggy mess.

I check score boards on every game; I have 29-40 ping. Decent lobby, with a few 70-90 ping, no more. I get no orange/yellow indicators on screen. Still appaling. Even with moments without lag, I’ll get in a gun fight and my full auto weapon will stutter bullits out, and any sound denoting a kill will come .5 sec after last bullit.

I’m not at all a tech savvy person, but somethings wrong after update. Really wrong.

edit; #ViperCorp16 change topic from all caps. Clearly there’s some issues here, and would be a shame if thread was closed due to all cap title

thanks edited.

seems like the ps4 pro players have less lagg, still an ongoing problem on normal ps4... verry, verry anoying
  • WetFishDB
    2239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played 2 hours, with no problems (itself pretty amazing being a tuesday noon). Downloaded update. Now a stuttering, laggy mess.

I check score boards on every game; I have 29-40 ping. Decent lobby, with a few 70-90 ping, no more. I get no orange/yellow indicators on screen. Still appaling. Even with moments without lag, I’ll get in a gun fight and my full auto weapon will stutter bullits out, and any sound denoting a kill will come .5 sec after last bullit.

I’m not at all a tech savvy person, but somethings wrong after update. Really wrong.

edit; #ViperCorp16 change topic from all caps. Clearly there’s some issues here, and would be a shame if thread was closed due to all cap title

thanks edited.

seems like the ps4 pro players have less lagg, still an ongoing problem on normal ps4... verry, verry anoying

I have a pro, and can reassure you that we are suffering just as badly. It's not enjoyable in the slightest.
  • fisknyllet17
    1734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

thanks edited.

I have a pro, and can reassure you that we are suffering just as badly. It's not enjoyable in the slightest.
    agreed.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

thanks edited.

I saw a video of TheBrokenMachine having a game last night and it was flawless for him. I am genuinely confused.
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I played (3) 10 minute stints over the last 24hrs, original maps, new maps it didn't matter. Air or ground play, didn't matter. All broken, bad. Even PC guys have the same issue, how does it make it public in this state?
  • Krazy-EyesKiller
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tore apart my modem and router, adjusted all my PS4 and BF1 settings. Still almost unplayable. Definitely an issue on their side. Disappointing, very disappointing...
  • inthisclubb
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bad update so far, even the original maps in any game mode are lagging. The air planes mode is freezing hard, especially when there are explosions in front of you. They better fix the frame rate fast for the price I paid the season pass. It is like thee Kashyyk galactic assault in Battlefront 2 when it launched, a lot of lags
  • edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tore apart my modem and router, adjusted all my PS4 and BF1 settings. Still almost unplayable. Definitely an issue on their side. Disappointing, very disappointing...

Dude...I’m sorry you wasted your time hahahahaha
  • foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I first got on last night the first severe crashed on me three times only after a couple of minutes of play,the next one I was on was not to bad the frame rate was ok and next to none lagging,the only real complaint is their new game mode on one of the new maps you can be trapped in your spawn point with no way out sometimes.
  • Bonqurz
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

thanks edited.

I saw a video of TheBrokenMachine having a game last night and it was flawless for him. I am genuinely confused.

Bruh when ever i see him play i just can't shake the feeling off that he's paying for bad players to play on his servers or something. Every time people he plays against are complete potatoes and it boggles my mimd how he never ever get fps drops or stuttering..
  • KingRofty
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bonqurz wrote: »
    Bruh when ever i see him play i just can't shake the feeling off that he's paying for bad players to play on his servers or something. Every time people he plays against are complete potatoes and it boggles my mimd how he never ever get fps drops or stuttering..

Don't hate & say salty things. He is genuinely a very good player.

• plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018

thanks edited.

Agreed. Amazing the lengths people will go to to keep something monetised. I suspect he carefully picks servers with weaker(er) opposition, I'm not the best player by any means but how he gets away with running around like a headless chicken and not get tagged by scouts is slightly odd.

This quote from the comments section sums up my feeling towards his "NEW LMG! 102 kills" vid....

"How did he not get sniped?"

Post edited by plasticman883 on
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »

Don't hate & say salty things. He is genuinely a very good player.

He is a good player yes, but what you got to remember is that he does have medics/friends running around reviving him when he is killed. When they aren't there blueberries will make an extra effort to revive him because he is a popular BF1 player. Watch his streams, he gets revived so much more often compared to the average bf1 player.
  • KingRofty
    Agreed. Amazing the lengths people will go to to keep something monetised. I suspect he carefully picks servers with weaker(er) opposition, I'm not the best player by any means but how he gets away with running around like a headless chicken and not get tagged by scouts is slightly odd.

This quote from the comments section sums up my feeling towards his "NEW LMG! 102 kills" vid....

"How did he not get sniped?"

His situational awareness is exceptional & just by watching a few of his "Messy moments" videos you'll realize that.

He goes on amazing kill streaks/epic gaming moments while he is streaming live, so the guy is genuinely a skilled BF player.