K bullets need to do more damage to cavalry

13»

Comments

• b2tchwood
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy one more thing to make the extremely underpowered class more underpowered.

Yay

Unlimited health and ammo, one of fastest vehicles in the game, auto resupplying grenades, a 2 hit kill weapon...... but yeah underpowered..... :D people just miss their god mode cavalry.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry has been buffed in February patch. A headshot from a bolt action rifle used to do 80 damage, outside the sweet spot range; I shot a horseman in the head at Caporetto – 14 damage! I didn’t try K-bullets, though.
  • foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They have made it a bit harder to kill them while they are still on their horse but once they have dismounted they don’t have the same amount of protection so they are a lot easier to kill when they are off their horse.
  • b2tchwood
    1084 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have made it a bit harder to kill them while they are still on their horse but once they have dismounted they don’t have the same amount of protection so they are a lot easier to kill when they are off their horse.

This was the original problem. I could get off a horse and in Operations it was ridiculous how much damage you could do. Sit back, abuse auto rotation and reap rewards as you laughed off headshot after headshot landed on you. Cavalry was a joke to start with.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Oh boy one more thing to make the extremely underpowered class more underpowered.

Yay

Unlimited health and ammo, one of fastest vehicles in the game, auto resupplying grenades, a 2 hit kill weapon...... but yeah underpowered..... :D people just miss their god mode cavalry.

To bad horrible hit detection, an idiotic AI that randomly causes you to stop instead of jumping over something that's 2 feet tall, and lack of control hinder it from being of any use.

Even when going up against a level 50 Calvary man with 40+ service stars I die to him maybe twice the whole game. It's a gimmick at this point.

Also, I didn't even play when he was OP, I've only used him in the two most recent patches and even after getting a service star with the lance it's still wonky at the best of times.
  • b2tchwood

Yay

To bad horrible hit detection, an idiotic AI that randomly causes you to stop instead of jumping over something that's 2 feet tall, and lack of control hinder it from being of any use.

Even when going up against a level 50 Calvary man with 40+ service stars I die to him maybe twice the whole game. It's a gimmick at this point.

Also, I didn't even play when he was OP, I've only used him in the two most recent patches and even after getting a service star with the lance it's still wonky at the best of times.

At this point any idiot can have 40 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with the cavalry. Good ones are tough to come up against but they are infuriating when you do. Try just using your rifle on horseback, the damage you can do is insane. Lance is for unsuspecting enemies, head on with the cavalry isn’t a good idea.
  • Saddisticspeller

Yay

At this point any idiot can have 40 **** with the cavalry. Good ones are tough to come up against but they are infuriating when you do. Try just using your rifle on horseback, the damage you can do is insane. Lance is for unsuspecting enemies, head on with the cavalry isn’t a good idea.

Maybe it's just console but aiming in vehicles including Calvary feels almost covered in syrup, with it being incredibly slow then flinging across the screen at 200 mph.

I really only use it for chasing/being chased by other Calvary or just saying "go away" to some bipod on an LMG.

However with how idiotic the horses AI is in many situations running away with it just causes him to stop in the middle of an open field with 3 supports unloading into you. Really that's the biggest thing that makes Calvary so annoying to use, well that and the wonky hit detection on the swords and Lance.
  • b2tchwood

Yay

At this point any idiot can have 40 **** with the cavalry. Good ones are tough to come up against but they are infuriating when you do. Try just using your rifle on horseback, the damage you can do is insane. Lance is for unsuspecting enemies, head on with the cavalry isn’t a good idea.

Maybe it's just console but aiming in vehicles including Calvary feels almost covered in syrup, with it being incredibly slow then flinging across the screen at 200 mph.

I really only use it for chasing/being chased by other Calvary or just saying "go away" to some bipod on an LMG.

However with how idiotic the horses AI is in many situations running away with it just causes him to stop in the middle of an open field with 3 supports unloading into you. Really that's the biggest thing that makes Calvary so annoying to use, well that and the wonky hit detection on the swords and Lance.

I’ve not experienced the wonky hit detection personally. But the random jumps and then the stopping because your horse doesn’t like that green bush do grind my gears at times. Same for soldier animations though. “10 ft wall.... no issue.... 1ft wall.... I’m not sure about this.... let’s go prone instead”
  • Saddisticspeller

Yay

I’ve not experienced the wonky hit detection personally. But the random jumps and then the stopping because your horse doesn’t like that green bush do grind my gears at times. Same for soldier animations though. “10 ft wall.... no issue.... 1ft wall.... I’m not sure about this.... let’s go prone instead”

I've been on both ends of watching a sword or lance go straight through someone.

Last night someone was using a a Calvary and I was rocking the Parabellum and I actually remember thinking "I'm sorry" after I just mag dumped into him after his lance charge just phased through me.
  • b2tchwood

Yay

I've been on both ends of watching a sword or lance go straight through someone.

Last night someone was using a a Calvary and I was rocking the Parabellum and I actually remember thinking "I'm sorry" after I just mag dumped into him after his lance charge just phased through me.

Gotta love that net coding! High pinger fail FTW!
  • Saddisticspeller

Yay

Gotta love that net coding! High pinger fail FTW!

Neither of us had high ping, I had 18 and he had 27.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    my aunts horse put her leg in a hole and made it lame...1 round from my 303 british ended it’s pain..but in battle field a person could empty their scout rifles into a horse and watch it gallop away.

It's called balance. If you could drop a horse like infantry ( say 2 shots with the rsc) it's existence would be pointless.

I don't see how people think they are op at this point. They have been dumbed down so much that they really are pretty easy to kill now.
  • b2tchwood
    my aunts horse put her leg in a hole and made it lame...1 round from my 303 british ended it’s pain..but in battle field a person could empty their scout rifles into a horse and watch it gallop away.

It's called balance. If you could drop a horse like infantry ( say 2 shots with the rsc) it's existence would be pointless.

I don't see how people think they are op at this point. They have been dumbed down so much that they really are pretty easy to kill now.

Unless you are a scout.... even with k bullets.

If you can lure them into 2 trip mines then fair enough but good luck with that!!
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Unless you are a scout.... even with k bullets.

If you can lure them into 2 trip mines then fair enough but good luck with that!!

I'm always dropping them as a scout and I never use K bullets.

It don't take much to lure them into tripwires either. I love doing it. Seeing them come running in so hurry drop a couple down. When they get close light their behind on fire with a flare and watch the fun begin. Lol