Does EA think WW1 was won by snipers?

-aarp-19Crib
713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2018
Because the BF1 franchise leans heavily toward sniper advantage and superiority. You have a "steady" key and a benefit called an, "aim assist". I'm surprised EA doesn't rent it.

It's obvious to me that the developers are not players, rather they are sniper kiddies. And now they grew up to be coders that only think in terms of sniper. And why call them "scouts". They don't scout, the prevent other players from being competitive who choose not to snipe.

And I just got an E mail that seem to say BF1 in on sale! Yup. 80% off. Did I read that right? It will be a cold day in Lupkow Pass before I pay full boat for a broken game just to crawl around to avoid snipers.

Comments

• Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well did fallen soldiers in WW1 respawn back to near squad or in vehicle ?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You don't go there about overabundant snipers

I won't go there about overabundant SMG's
  • NamelessForNow
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Better than someone running around with an automatico. Those are the guns brought in to keep the kiddies happy.
  • D5RAT
    1999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WW1 was won by sacrifice and death and I feel like I play that scenario every day :)
  • -Antares65z
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In all honesty, WW1 was fought with soldiers primarily carrying single shot bolt action rifles. SMG's were a rarity for much of the war. So if you really think about it, then yes, WW1 was won by single shot rifles. In reality, if you're running around in a war zone, chances are you won't be breathing for very long, as you'll get sniped.
  • cOdmAdneSs
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well i ve been playing a little on the new maps and i belive that the snipers can control the game at least on the defending side....snipers+assault=stand still for the attackers.
  • Micas99
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice doesn't design games where authenticity trumps all. Money comes first, and dictates the design. I loath the sniper pandemic but because the game is played that way, expect to see more and more of it. I imagine that if BF2018 is BC3, Dice will add a model that looks exactly like Chris Kyle.

The "aim assist" is something that only functions with controllers, right? There's no aim assist with mnk is there? I suppose some people play on PC with controllers, but that's just an abomination.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BfBC2 had a huge sniper issue in Rush mode.
    -
    BF3 had a big sniper issue. Rush and conquest.
    -
    BF4 had a sniper issues. Conquest that I know of, never really played rush.
    -
    BF1 huge sniper issue. Conquest that I know of, never really played rush.
    -
    Don't blame EA. It's kids that care about their precious stats and not team wins.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In all honesty, WW1 was fought with soldiers primarily carrying single shot bolt action rifles. SMG's were a rarity for much of the war. So if you really think about it, then yes, WW1 was won by single shot rifles. In reality, if you're running around in a war zone, chances are you won't be breathing for very long, as you'll get sniped.

Few of those rifles had scopes on them, though.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If snipers really bother you on this games it is really time to git gud..
    Foe some it seems that day will just never come.

If anything, the assault is OP.... but i don’t agree with that either..it’s just more “noob friendly”.
  • G-Gnu
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    IllIllIII wrote: »

If anything, the assault is OP.... but i don’t agree with that either..it’s just more “noob friendly”.

Is he suppose to learn how to warp or develop a sixth sense in game then ?
    Getting shot from a sniper is not or will never be a noob thing, and this game a head shot from most common engagement distances is not pro at all.
    I will call it more a easy to use design, and that goes for the assault weapons too, with their hipshot laser beam accuracy.
    Not that any weapon in this game are that hard to use though.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Few of those rifles had scopes on them, though.

Correct. I read somewhere that there was typically one sniper per company and they were usually deployed at night.
  • 5hadyBrady
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

The problem with this comment ^ is the assumption that folks dislike a flood of snipers because they're tired of being sniped. In reality, most people dislike the sniper showdown because they can't get the 20 snipers on their team to capture flags with them. And unfortunately you can't be everywhere at once. So how's that for gitting gud? Are you aware of some feature that allows you to cap multiple flags at once? Are you somehow in control of the snipers on your team with some feature I'm unaware of? I know DICE likes to claim the scout class is the third most used class, however, that's only because the sniper abuse happens on like 3 or 4 maps. The rest of the maps do not really encourage sniper play. This balances out the class use and makes it appear as if it's a non issue. Of course this is just DICE refusing to acknowledge context. When there's 20 snipers on your team while playing on Sanai, Lupkow, Galica, Fao Fortress etc, they're almost always in prone away from flags. When there's 20 assaults on your team on Nivelle, they're still capping flags. So the "class use" statistics are absolutely meaningless and DICE know that. They're being stupid and hope you're also stupid. And I say all of that and still don't care what class people use. They bought the game just like I did. It's a lobby, not a tourney.
  • Hypnospex
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Money talks
  • ShadowHunterFi
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First off, sure, a sniper might snipe you once, maybe twice, maybe even three times in a row, but that's because of your positioning. If you position yourself so the sniper can't shoot you, everything is good. And also, snipers might get a few kills, but getting insane killstreaks as a scout takes a lot of skill. Scout is sort of high risk high reward, if you decide to play med-close range. The long range snipers obviously get less kills due to longer distance, making leading harded and all that stuff.

Overall, the scout class is not intended to capture objectives. More like spot enemies near the objectives, maybe even kill a few, helping their team push.
    I dont see a reason to complain here. The new DLC maps are open and full of snipers, but you can avoid them, even tho it might be a bit difficult due to little around the map. Or simply just don't push in the front lines.